Chapter Three

I found a tree to sleep in, though I didn't get much sleep. I suffered from insomnia. When you're living on the streets, if you fall asleep oftentimes you'll wake up to see the shoes stolen of your feet and belongings disappeared. Or you don't wake up at all.

When I woke up, it was three A.M. I felt happy, excited, but I couldn't remember why. Then it clicked. Gaara! I had a new friend! I did a slight happy dance, then decided I would practice my ninja moves. I wasn't very good, but that's why I practiced. I pulled out dented, rusty shurikan and kunai, and start aiming at a tree.

Most of them are packed around one area though some missed the tree. I was practicing when i heard footsteps. I jumped in surprise, careful of my hurt ankle, surprised to see Gaara standing there. "Tsukiko!" He exclaimed, "What are you doing out here at this time?" 

I quickly thought up a half truth, "I couldn't sleep, so I left my house to do some target training." I replied. I didn't need him to find out I lived on the streets. What would he think?

He picked up a Shurikan. "These are all dented and bent. How do you manage to throw them so straight?" He asked. I shrugged. "Huh." He replied quietly. "I have some extra if you want some nicer weapons. And I can teach you some other techniques."

"Arigato, Gaara-kun." I bowed slightly. He grabbed my hand and tugged me along.

"Wait out here, Tsukiko," Gaara ordered. I nodded, and soon he emerged with a pouch. "Keep the shurikan and Kunai in here for safekeeping. There are also some bandages and herbs in there for you."

I took it, bowed slightly again, and murmured, "Arigato, arigato, Gaara-kun."

"Kun?" He questioned, "Then I better call you Tsukiko-chan!" I smiled and started walking along with him. We practiced with the Kunai and Shurikan for the rest of the morning, until around 9:30. Then Gaara paused.

"Tsukiko-chan, would you like to meet my siblings? They don't like me very much, but I'm sure they'd  love you!" I hesitated. "C'mon, Kiko-chan. Please, for me?"

"Fine, Gaara-kun. I'll come meet them." I finally gave in. 

He smiled softly. "Arigato, Kiko-chan." I crutched along with him, nervous about meeting his siblings. What if they hated me, saw me as the outsider I am? What if Gaara turned his back on me? We arrived at the house, and Gaara opened the door. "Come in, Kiko-chan."

I slowly stepped into the house, and he led me to the kitchen. "Want something to eat?" He asked politely. I shook my head, even though I was starving. He looked at me in disbelief. "We trained through the morning and haven't had breakfast yet, and you say you're not hungry?"

I blushed slightly. "Uh, well, that instant ramen looks yummy?" I said, posing it like a question. He made me the ramen and sat it in front of me, then went to get his siblings. I set my crutces beside me as I sit at the table beside my foor. I stare at the bowl then dig into it, a slight whimper escaping my lips as I eat. 

Suddenly, Gaara walked in with his terrified siblings suspended in the air by his sand. "Gaara!" I exclaimed, shocked.

"What?" He looked genuinely confused. "They didn't want to come, so I made them come."

I picked up my crutches and walked up to him, flicking his forhead. "That is no way to treat your siblings, mister. Now, let them down. Gently." He did as I was told, and his siblings looked equal parts shocked and terrified. "Apologize to them." He opened his mouth to protest, "Now."

He snapped his mouth shut, then looked behind him, at his siblings. "Gomen." He muttered. 

"Who are you sorry to? And what for?" I prompted.

"Kankuro, Temari, gomennasai for forcing you to come when you didn't want to. I shouldn't have dragged you with my sand." He turned to me. "Happy?"

"We could work on your tone of voice, but it will do." I reply.

Gaara turned back t his siblings. "This is Tsukiko." He grabbed my hand. "She's my new friend."

Temari walked up, trembling, but trying to act normal as she struggles to regain her composure. "I-it's nice to meet y-you." She shook my hand slowly. 

Kankuro stuck his hand out and I took it. His hand totally enveloped mine. "I'm Kankuro, it's n-nice to meet y-you, Tsukiko-chan."

I frowned. They were scared of me. Or... were they scared of Gaara? "What are you scared of?" I asked.

They both glanced at Gaara. "Nothing, Tsukiko-chan." Temari assured me, waving her hands slightly. Just to make a point, I shuffled closer to Gaara, and slung an arm around him. 

"Gaa-kun is a good friend. When I couldn't sleep he kept me company!" I informed them.

Kankuro snorted. "When you couldn't sleep, he kept you company?" He asked. I nodded, confused and slightly offended by his incredulous tone. "Sorry, it's just that Gaara suffers from insomnia, so I would think you would keep him company.

Gaara stayed quiet. I pinched his cheek slightly. "You're so quiet, Gaa-kun. What's wrong?"

"Quiet?" Temari asked, "Are you kidding? He's talked more in these ten minutes then he has in the past year." I rolled my eyes. I'm sure she was exaggerating.

"Well, he talks more with me, right Gaa-kun?"

He smiled slightly and nodded. "Yeah, Kiko-chan. That's because I like you more. I don't really care about them,"

I saw hurt flash across the siblings faces. I turn to Gaara, a slightly angry look on my face. "You and me are going to have a talk Gaara no Sabaku. If you would leave for a moment, Temari-san, Kankuro-san...?" They backed out of the kitchen.

"What?"

"You're being mean!" I scolded.

"They were mean first!" Gaara protested.

"Yeah? How so?"

"By treating me like a monster all my life!" He burst out. I fell silent. "Do you know what it feels like to bring fear to your own families eyes? Do you know what it is to be an outcast? Do you know what it feels like to be unloved, unwanted, a freak, a murderer, a monster? Do you? Do you Tsukiko? DO YOU!?!?!" 

With his last outburst the sand smacked into my face, scraping me and sending me falling back. I lay on the ground, and slowly sat up. I looked into Gaara's eyes, which were filled with a mix of regret and anger.

"Yes, I do." I told him lowly. I then stood slowly and walked out of the house. But didn't leave before pausing, and calling out, "I'll see around, right Gaa-kun?"

But I left before he could answer.

_____________________________________________________

Chapter three is complete! Woot!

Could you please comment below to let me know what I'm doing wrong? Friendly criticism is welcome! See you later!

Comment! Vote!

Bye!

gaara119