Chapter Eleven

We were to be put onto teams today. I was really worried, knowing that many people had threatened to return to the academy if I was on their team. I didn't know if they were serious or not, but it hurt all the same.

 This is entirely my fault, I thought, frowning and placing my head on the desk, If I wasn't such a freak, if I was a little nicer, then they wouldn't mind me being on their team! Whoever it is who will be on my team, I want to show them it won't be bad having me as a teammate! I think, totally determined.

Eventually, everyone began to trickle in. Suddenly, a sound like a herd of elephants came down the hall. The door burst open, and their stood... Sakura and Ino, a herd of elephants, eh? Close enough. I sat my head back down on my arms, pretty much drowning everything out, until...

"NARUTO!"

It was fairly common for someone to shout his name, but this was almost all the girls in the class screeching it at once. So I look up, only to see Naruto and Sasuke kissing. I hung my head down, depressed. But not because I wanted to be his girlfriend. No, not for that reason at all. If Sasuke was gay... that meant the great Uchiha clan was no more. 

Ah, but there they are, both spitting and gagging. They must not be gay... so maybe the Uchiha clan will be restored...

Iruka comes in, and begins announcing the teams. "And, on team Six, we have Tsutomu Iwate, Hisao Tochigi, and Keira Boukyaku." They both are practically shaking in their seats from anger. I feel their minds reaching a snap decision.

"I quit!" Tsutomu yells out.

"Me too!" Hisao agrees. "I'll begin again next year and get a different team!"

Everyone turns to look at me. If I hadn't been so good at controlling my emotions, tears would have been pouring down my face from this public humiliation. They both walk out the door, neither looking back once.

"Um, allow... me to go... sort this out. One moment please." Iruka sensei leaves. Everyon turns to me. 

"Serves you right, you little freak." Guess who? Ino.

Everyone slowly joins in. "No one wants you on their team."

"Go home, outsider!"

Now was the perfect time to sing the song I had written last night. I stand, slowly walking down the steps to the front of the classroom. Everyone falls silent, wondering what I'm going to do. I stand there, the center of attention. Then I open my mouth and begin to sing.

"Hero"
Superchic(k)

     I walk over to Naruto first, looking him in the eye as I begin to sing

No one sits with him, he doesn't fit in
But we feel like we do when we make fun of him

   I look everyone in the eye as I sing the rest.

Cause you want to belong, do you go along?
Cause his pain is the price paid for you to belong
It's not like you hate him or want him to die
But maybe he goes home and thinks suicide
Or he comes back to school with a gun at his side
And a kindness from you might have saved his life

[Tag:]
Heroes are made when you make a choice

[Chorus:]
You could be a hero - heroes do what's right
You could be a hero - you might save a life
You could be a hero- you could join the fight
For what's right, for what's right, for what's right