Chapter Nineteen

I opened my bleary eyes slowly, looking around the room. What... happenned? Then it all clicked, and I jumped up. Well, I tried to jump up. In reality, I kind of rolled over to go back to sleep... Then I remembered something else, and my eyes shot open. I'm going to kill Sakura!

I looked around the room to see everyone watching me in amusement as I struggle to wake up. "Haha!" Naruto laughed, pointing, "Even Kakashi-sensei woke up before you!" I turned to see Kakashi looking at me with serious eyes... eye. 

I looked away. Wow, this is incredibly awkward... Of curse, Naruto was the first to break the silence. "So, how did you get all those cuts on your arm? I don't remember Tora doing it..." I snort. Only that idiot would think a cat had done it to me.

Sakura punches him on the head. Sasuke shakes his his head, "They were self inflicted, dobe. Right, Keira-san?" I look away from him.

"Is that right, Keira-chan?" Kakashi asks. I slowly, almost painfully nod my head. What gives them the right to know? They haven't earned my trust, they haven't done anything for me! I hear them gasp as I nod my head.

"B-but why?" Sakura asks. I give her a patronizing glare and scoff slightly. "What?" 

"Why? Why?" I stormed. "You should know well why! After all, you're part of the reason, aren't you!?!" She gasps, not expecting that twist. Seriously, b*tch? "Aren't all of you "the reason"?" I question rhetorically.

Us? Sakura thought. Idiot.

I...I... I'm the reason to her pain? Naruto couldn't believe it.

Hn... She hides her pain so well... Sasuke contemplated.

How could I miss one of my own students being in so much pain? Kakashi blamed himself.

"Explain." Kakashi requests gently.

"All of you... two faced liars... treat me like scum, pretend to care about me... judge me by my past, which you don't know half of of it. It sickens me. But it makes me hat myself. Every time you call me a murderer, monster, freak, outsider... it makes me believe it a little more. And there is so much pain in my heart, it's so hard to explain. Almost a physical throbbing, but I know that nothings wrong. And so, to drown out that pain I cut myself. You inflicted these wounds on me... Indirectly, yes, but you still caused them. But these wounds will heal... not so the ones you inflicted on my heart. And you have the nerve to call me your teammate."

I didn't look at them through my entire speech. I actually wanted to hide under the covers like a little kid, ignore my problems for a little while. 

"Well, how were we supposed to know?" Sakura whined. She's whining when I'm the one with the actual problems here?!? How does that work?

"Her song..." Sasuke whispered. "The second part... "No one talks to her, she feels so alone.""

Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke all wince as they think about the song. 

I've been the villain if anything, not a hero. Sakura thought. Yes, yes you are a villain.

I'm gonna be a hero! Save Keira from herself! I should've never given up on her! Naruto thought. I had pushed him away so many years ago... but I had needed more time.

She knows the pain of loneliness... of not being good enough. The entire village judged her for being an outsider, she was never good enough in their eyes. Sasuke realized.

Poor girl. I should've been there as her sensei.

"I don't want you to cut anymore," Kakashi said. I sighed. It wasn't that simple. "Come to us if you feel the need to." I nod, not really planning on doing as he says.