Chapter Fourteen

"Sasuke... I'm at point B."

"Sakura, I'm at point C."

"..... Naruto, I'm at point A, believe it!"

"..................."

"You're slow, Naruto. Keria?" Kakashi asks.

"Hm? Oh, yeah, I'm at point D." I said boredly, speaking in my normal voice.

He sighed. "Try to have a little more enthusiasm, Keira. Okay, Team 7... Huh?" He paused, then, "The target has moved! Follow it!" I casually jumped to another tree, following our stupid target. They really didn't need to be so melodramatic.

"What's your distance from the target?" Kakashi asked.

"Five meters. I'm ready, just give the signal." Naruto informed.

"I'm ready to," Sasuke said seriously. He didn't ask if you were ready, he asked your distance from the target!

"So am I!" Sakura agreed.

"I'm about ten meters away, about to watch a bunch of idiot genin make fools of themselves!" I say brightly.

"Who?" Naruto asked. We all sweat dropped.

"Okaaaaayyy... now!" Kakashi ordered. They all sprang at the cat, but I simply dropped down from the tree.

"I got him, I got him!" Naruto cried out.

"Can you verify the ribbon on its right ear?" Kakashi asked.

"Affirmative, we've got a positive I.D." Sasuke really needed to lighten up. We were chasing down a cat, for Kami's sake. He didn't need to try to sound so professional and... uptight.

"Alright. Lost Pet Tora captured. Mission accomplished."

"Can't we get a better mission than this? I hate cats!" Naruto shouted in the earpiece. Due to my sensitive hearing... my eardrums were just about blown out. I sank to the ground, clutching my ears in pain.

"Ow. Ow. Ow." I mutter.

Naruto comes up right next to me. "OH, I'm so sorry Keira-chan!" He shouts, "Believe it!"

I turn and glare at him, "You apologize for shouting in my ear... by shouting in my ear." He sheepishly scartches his head with the hand that isn't holding the cat. I catch the cats eye, and it opens its mouth to hiss at me, but I beat him to it. "Hsssssssssssss." I hiss at him.

The cat closes its mouth, thouroughly confused. I smirk. I hate cats.

We travel back and return the cat to his owner. The fat lady promptly squishes it into a hug in her happiness. "Haha! Stupid cat, that kitty deserves to be squashed!" Naruto laughed. I lay a hand on his shoulder.

"You shouldn't laugh at others pain, even if you believe they deserve it." I say quietly. He looks slightly startled, blue eyes looking into my yellow ones.

"No wonder he ran away," Sakura stared in facinated horror. We turn and make are way to get another mission.

"Now then," the Hokage says in his raspy voice, "For squad seven we have several available tasks. Among them is babysitting the chief counseler's three year old, helping his wife with the shopping, digging up potatoes--" The Hokage is interrupted by Naruto.

"Nooooo!" He cries out, holding his hands in an X. "I wanna go on a real mission, something fun and challenging, not this little kid stuff! C'mon old man!"

I hear Sasuke think, He's got a point.

And Sakura seemed to almost complete the thought, But he's such a pain!