Chapter Twenty Six

The bridge was complete. I missed the funeral of Zabuza and Haku, because I was passed out. I woke up in time to leave, but I couldn't move, so Kakashi had to carry me. I hated feeling so helpless. He was surprised that I even woke up before we left. Kakashi also told me I wouldn't be moving for another three days.

It takes about one and a half days to get back to Konoha, so I should be fine by then. Quick healing rocks. We were currently standing at the end of the bridge, ready to start our journey home. "We could never have finished the bridge without you." Tazuna admits gratefully. "I can't tell you how much we're going to miss you." 

"Do be careful!" Tsunami smiled.

"Thank you, for everything," Kakashi nods.

"Now now, don't get all choked up. We'll come and visit real soon!" Naruto promises. 

"You swear you will?" Inari whimpers. 

Inari and NAruto had a little crying contest, seeing who could hold off the longest. Boys can be so pathetic! Sakura thought. I rolled my eyes. To true.

We began to walk away. I held myself stiffly in Kakashi's arms. I didn't want to be a burdan. "Relax, Keira. You aren't heavy at all. You're actually really light. Do you eat enough?" Kakashi murmured in my ear.

"Have you seen how much I eat? Ask Naruto, I definitely eat enough." I say, but relax in his arms a little more anyway.

He chuckles lightly. "Keira..." 

I look up at him, catching his eye. "Hm?"

"I just want to say... I'm very proud of you." My stomach drops, but not in a bad way. I... I've made someone proud? "You handled yourself well out there. You protected the bridge builder, protected Naruto and Sasuke, and brought Sasuke back to life. How many genin can say they've brought their teammate back from the dead?" 

"I was to slow," I disgree, "I should have gotten to Sasuke-kun before he was hit by the needles,"

"But that didn't matter in the end. You protected your teammates with all you had in you... and that's what counts." It was silent after that, and I thought arefully about what he said all the way home. Have I found people worth protecting?

We arrived back at Konoha. "Ah, I think I can walk from here." I say. 

"Nonsense, you can't even bear you weight for another day at most. Naruto can take you home, you're neighbors, right?" I nod. But the moment I'm in Naruto's arms, I hit a pressure point, making them go slack for a moment. 

I land lightly on my feet. "See? I can bear my own weight." I stuck my tongue out at them and sprinted away, slamming my door behind me. I collapsed on my chair at the kitchen table. I'm STARVING!

I make myself some fajitas out of the chicken I froze. I at four fajitas until I felt somewhat full. I was relaxing on my chair when I suddenly sat upright quickly. Yes! I jump up on the counter, curse my hight, And reach around the top of the cupboreds.

There! I knew I had some! I smiled at the package of pocky and Hello Panda package. I love these simple sweets. Yum. I eat them all, then go to take a shower. I glance at the time. 10 p.m.

I grab my stone bracelets and anklets from the counter and fill them with half my chakra. Most of my chakra had been replenished over the journey. I do that, write music, and try to create jutsu's for the rest of the night.

I came up with one jutsu, though it still needs to be tried out. It's a mix of my mind control and singing. I simply sing, inserting my will into the words, and it helps me control their mind. It puts people in an almost trance like state.