Chapter Eight

I didn't get any sleep last night.

I groaned into my pillow. it was 7:00, school started at eight. Why can't I sleep like a normal peson? I got up, and went to the shower. My first real shower in... almost two years. I jump in, glad to see it's already stacked with small bottles of shampoo.

I smelled the shampoo... honeysuckle... I quickly washed up, savoring the warm water. Then you got out, and got dressed in your dirty pants, tank top, and shawl. Once I was dressed, I took a package of picky to snack on, a prepackaged bento, and ate some ramen for breakfast. I left the apartment, locking the door behind me. I turned around, only to smack straight into Naruto.

"Hey, I waited for you! Believe it!" I give him the coldest glare I possibly could. 

"Uzumaki-San," I greeted emotionlessly. He ignored my brush off and grabbed my wrist, dragging me down the street. I noticed the glares directed towards us and sighed. It was starting already. Kami, can't I get a break in one village? I focused, attempting to read their minds.

"There goes that monster."

"Who's that with the demon?"

"Isn't he the one with the nine--?"

"Shhh!"

So, Naruto was an outcast as well. But I didn't feel any compassion towards him. I was done with such emotions. We finally arrived at the academy, ten minutes before class starts. 

Naruto went and sat down, leaving me to stand awkwardly in front of the class, because I didn't have a seat. But the many stares I felt didn't affect me. I didn't feel uncomfortable at all... Just empty, emotionless.

Finally, the teacher walked into the classroom. He seemed surprised to see me there, and then remembered that he had a new student. "Oh, yeah! Class, we have a new student today. I’m Iruka-sensei." I scoffed slightly. As if they didn't realize I was a new student yet. "How about you introduce yourself, then we can ask questions."

I nodded, and then turned to the class. "My name is Keira Boukyaku." That's all I said. Like Naruto, the class seemed to be caught off guard by my monotonous voice.

"That's all?" Iruka questioned. I didn't reply. "Well, uh, time for questions? Sakura, you first." 

"My name is Sakura Haruno! Your eyes are yellow! Sasuke-Kun would never like a girl with yellow eyes!"

I cocked my head at her. "I didn't hear a question." My emotionless yellow gaze pierced through her. 

"Why are your eyes yellow?" She rephrased, unsettled.

"Why is your hair pink?" I deadpanned. 

She seemed confused by this. How stupid are children in Konoha? "Er, next," Iruka commanded, pointing at a girl with blonde hair and no pupils in her blue eyes. 

"I'm Ino Yamanaka! Do you like anybody in here?" She demanded.

"I feel nothing towards any of you."

"What's that supposed to mean!?!" She challenged, "You have to feel something!"

I look her dead in the eye, leaving her quaking in her shoes. "I mean just what I said. I feel absolutely nothing towards you people. No friendship, no animosity... Nothing.”

She sat back down. A boy with a bag of chips raised his hand. Iruka nodded to him “I’m Choji Akimichi. Why are you dressed like that?” Finally, a slightly sensible question.

“I… traveled a lot. When I was in the land of Water, this kept me dry. In the Cloud, it kept me warm. In the Sand, it would protect me from harsh winds and sand. It was the most sensible clothing to wear,” I explained. This seemed to perk their interest.

A small, blue haired girl raised her hand hesitantly. Iruka gestured for her to proceed. “I’m H-Hinata Hyuga. I-I was w-wondering, where have y-you traveled before?” She squeaked out.

I was quickly growing tired of explaining all these questions. I hated talking so much. “I have been to all of the Great Nations,” I said shortly.

“I’m Kiba Inuzuka! Were you in any fights before?” He exclaimed excitedly. I stayed silent. I was done answering questions. “Hello?” Everyone was looking at me strangely, and the silence was deafening.

“Ah, well, questions are over for now! Keira-chan, sit down… In the very back row, that seems to be the only open seats left.” Hmph. Or you simply don’t want me to sit next to the other, normal children. I went to the back row, where no one was sitting, and slid into the seat closest to the window. Always make escape a priority.

After that, the children never fully accepted me as one of their own, but I had learned to fade into the background. And that’s what I did. I excelled, my unnatural strength helping in Taijutsu, my single minded determination pushing me in ninjutsu, and my control and unwavering concentration was a huge aspect in genjutsu and chakra control.

But underneath my perfection was a hurt girl, who didn't know love, friendship, happiness, or hope. On the outside, I was always fine, perfectly held together. But on the inside I was breaking up, destroyed piece by piece.

I blocked out my memory of Gaara. It was too painful. I continued to cut, because the pain in my arm was preferable to feeling nothing. It was preferable to the pain inside that left me literally sobbing on my bed in the night, where no one could see me.

I may have been silent, but I was begging for somebody to save me.

___________________________________________

Please comment or vote for me! More updates are on their way. Vote or comment, please!

Comment! Vote!

Bye!

gaara119