Chapter Forty Two

We had just stepped into the desert. We were supposed to arrive at Sunagakure today. "One moment, please," I requested, then did a quick jutsu to cover me in an earth dome. I changed into my outfit quickly.

"Damn girl, you're going to get HOT in those clothes... but then again, you're hot already, so..." I glare at Katsuo.

"Bakaget shojo," Erai muttered. I pulled my hood over my head, glaring at the ground.

"Aren't you going to get overheated in that?" Ayumu asked quietly.

I shook my head. "We'll see who's over heated soon," I smirk. We continue running. My outfit blocks the sun but allows the wind to circulate, cooling me. 

About an hour later, I hear the first complaint. "The sun is hot! I'm taking my shirt off," Katsuo complained. I grinned.

"That's only going to make it worse!" I call out.

He's to tired to reply, other then a slight, "Tch. What would you know?".

About five hours later, around three p.m, Erai stops us. "We're about three miles from Sunagakure," She told us, "Get dressed, you two," She orders the boys, pulling her vest back on herself. I smirk to myself.

We arrive at the gates after about twenty minutes. We get our I.D's out, prepared to finally reach our destination. We walk up to the gate guards. Everyone gets in with no problem, until it's my turn.  The guards take my card then suddenyl stiffen in surprise.

"You!" They shout together.

"You!" I reply.

"Me?" We all say together.

I pull a little leather ball from my back pack. "This accidentally rolled out here... can I come back inside?" I ask in my younger voice. We stared at eachother, then burst out laughing.

"Did.... Did I miss something?" Ayumu whispers.

"I have no idea," Katsuo replied in a mutter.

"That's enough dilly dallying," Erai orders, "Let's get going,"

"Ah, you'll be going to the council," One of the guards calls out, then gives us directions. "Yeah, the council is in charge, with our Kazekage being dead..." He trails off. We walk towards a large building in the center of town.

"You," Erai turns to me, "Stay out here, and try not to get in trouble," She orders. I sigh, leaning against the building. About ten minutes pass, and they still aren't outside. I look up as someone walks right past me.

"Temari!" I exclaim in surprise.

She jerks, turning towards me. Her eyes widen. "You! From the fight! Ke-- Kayla? no, Kina..." She trails off.

"Keira," I laugh. She laughs as well. 

:I didn't recogniez you in these clothes," Temari apologizes.

"It's fine," I wave a hand, "I was the only one on my team smart enough to wear it. The rest are going to have nasty sunburns," I smirk.

"Did they--"

I cut her off, "Try to have as little clothing as possible to cool down? Yes. They didn't realize you needed to protect themselves from the sun," I explain.

"Didn't you tell them?" She asks.

"I tried. They don't believe me. I mean, Erai doesn't want me on the mission, Katsuo is a pedophile, and Ayumu... he's the only normal one. Other than me, of course," I responded.

"Ah," She sympathized, "So you're on the mission to create a treaty?" She questioned. I nodded.

"I'm really supposed to just watch and learn," I admitted.