Chapter Forty Five

We arrived at the village three days later Erai turned to me. "It was nice doing a mission with you. You did well. Go home and rest, I'll report our missions success to the new Hokage," She smiled, then walked away, dragging Katsuo, who had hand cuffs, behind her.

I stood there, frozen. A new Hokage? I walked down the street. Who could it be? I see Sakura buying apples. "Hey! Sakura-chan!" I call. She looks up and smiles, waving me over. 

"How did the mission go?" She asked.

"Um..." I blush slightly, thinking of Gaara, then shudder as I think of Katsuo. "It was interesting,"

She raises an eyebrow, picking out another apple. "Interesting... how so?" She asks.

"It's a long story," I sigh.

"Oooh! Did you meet someone?" She teases, then gasps when I blush. "How about you come over to my house tonight and we can talk about it?"

I smile, "I'd like that," 

"How about around five?" She asks. I nod happily.

"What are you buying the apples for?" I ask.

"Oh, Sasuke is in the hospital-- it's nothing serious-- but I thought I'd get him something to eat," She explains. "He was electrocuted during our mission," 

I nod. "Can I come with you?" I ask. 

She nods with a laugh. "Of course! He's your teammate as well!" We traveled down the road, chatting about her mission. We arrived at the hospital, Naruto joining us.

"How'd your mission go, Keira?" He asked.

Sskura and I exchanged glances and giggled. "Huh? What's so funny?" He asked.

We ignored him and walked inside. "Look, I brought you some apples! And Keira-chan is back," She sat down on a stool, peeling an apple. I'm distracted by his angry, hateful thoughts. Suddenly reach forward and grab his wrist as he attempts to fling the plate out of Sakura's hands.

"Don't be a prick, Sasuke-kun," I hiss. "And keep your thoughts to yourself!" His eyes widen as he realizes I had been reading his mind.

"Do we get a moment of privacy around you?" he demanded, yanking his hand away.

"I try not to read my friends mines, but hell, if your going to be that loud about it, then I can't exactly help it!" I accuse.

"What the heck is going on?" Naruto shouted. Sasuke glared at him. "Hey, what's with that look?" Naruto complained. 

"You, Naruto--" Sasuke begins.

I interrupt him. "No!" I screech. "Dammit Sasuke, no!"

He ignores me. "I want you to fight me," He finishes.

"What? We're in a hospital," Naruto stresses. "You were just healed by Grandma Tsunade!"

I pick up from their thoughts that she is the new Hokage. I would need to go meet her... 

"Shut up and FIGHT!," Sasuke demanded. "After all, you did say you wanted to fight! Well now's your chance!"

"Hey! Wait, don't do this!" Sakura begs. But I can tell from the determination radiating from their minds that they won't back down no matter what... and besides, I kind of wanted to see this fight.

"Actually," Naruto growled, "I was just thinkng how I'd like to kick your butt!"

"Why don't you two talk about it?" Sakura waves her hands desperately. I pull her back by the elbow.