Chapter Thirty Nine

I was walking towards the funeral, dressed in black. In his Will, the Hokage requested I sing. He must have heard my songs at night. I usually sung at night, when nobody was awake... or so I thought. 

I met up with my teammates, and we exchanged short nods before walking towards the site. We stood there, with the mass of people, all mourning his death. I walk to the front slowly. I was to sing as each person came up and paid their respects to the Hokage. 

I started to sing as the first person made their way up to his picture.

"Yesterdays"

Flowers cut and brought inside
Black cars in a single line
Your family in suits and ties
And you're free

The ache I feel inside
Is where the life has left your eyes
I'm alone for our last goodbye
But you're free

I remember you like yesterday, yesterday 
I still can't believe you're gone, oh...
I remember you like yesterday, yesterday 
And until I'm with you, I'll carry on

Adrift on your ocean floor
I feel weightless, numb, and sore
A part of you in me is torn
And you're free

I woke from a dream last night
I dreamt that you were by my side
Reminding me I still had life
In me

I remember you like yesterday, yesterday 
I still can't believe you're gone, oh...
I remember you like yesterday, yesterday 
And until I'm with you, I'll carry on   I'll carry on 

Every lament is a love song
Yesterday, yesterday
I still can't believe you're gone Every lament is a love song
Yesterday, yesterday
So long my friend, so long

 It began to rain. I loved the rain... it hides your tears. I cried calmly, not a sound escaping me. I wasn't a messy crier. I was calm and collected as I let my sadness stream down my face. I was crying over a lot of things. I haven't really let my tears loose at all in the past 7 years. Only once. When I had to accept all my feelings.

So I cried seven years worth of pain.

I rubbed my chest, right over where my heart was. It hurt so badly. But it was worth loving and caring about the Hokage, even if it meant that I hurt more now. Because he gave me happiness.

He accepted me, despite the fact I had wings, could read minds, and was an experiment.

He gave me an apartment and a place to stay in the village.

He vouched for me when I might have been thrown out of the village.

He cried for me when I told him my past.

He bought me pocky when I forgot my money.

He never forgot about me.

And so I cried.

I slowly walked to the picture as everyone began to disperse. I set my flower down slowly as the sun breaks through the clouds and lands on his picture. My heart twists painfully as I see his face. 

I don't know how long I stood there, reminiscing. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and saw Naruto there, a sad smile on his face. "C'mon, Keira," He murmured, pulling me along. "You look exhausted," I stop moving, not making a sound, just lowering my head.

Naruto lifts my chin. "It's okay to be sad, Keira. Just remember, we're always here for you," He reminded gently. He then lifted me up, cradling me in his arms, and carried me home.

He set me on my bed, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "Get better soon," He murmured, "And don't take the pain out on your body. Come to me if you need to," He turns to leave, and I grab his sleeve.

'Sit down," I whispered, patting the bed. He did as I asked. "It.... it just really hurts," I whimpered slightly.

He didn't say anything, just hugged me. "You're song was really nice," He said quietly. I smiled. "Just remember, he didn't die in vain, okay? Try to actually sleep for once tonight," He sighed.

"Huh?"

"Do you think I'm a complete idiot?" He asked jokingly. "I notice you never sleep, or you wake up with nightmares. Just... tonight might be different, okay?"

I nod and roll over. After all, I did make up with Gaara. I have friends who will protect me no matter what. I'm not living my old life. Maybe I can sleep for once. 

I definitely deserved a good nights sleep.

_________________________________________________

Chapter Thirty Nine!

Ahh! Don't shoot me! 

I know, I know, it's extremely short. But I just wanted to get the Hokage Funeral done. So, yeah.

I uploaded AGAIN today as a reward of sorts, because.... drum roll please... 

No, seriously, do a drumroll. It's fun XD

ba dump dump chshshshshshshsh....

I MADE IT ON TO THE TOP TEN PAGES!!! If you only search "Naruto" then my story appears on page TEN! Whoop!

Party at my house!

(^.^)>> <<(^.^)  

*<(:)

Yay for me, my readers, and my loyal followers. *Cough* Scribble, supermassiveblckhole *Cough* You guys are the best, and helped me keep writing. We can reminisce about when Forgotten Darkness was 5 chapters long, under 100 views, and was on the 230th page on wattpad. right? XD

I hope to get more reads, votes, comments, and followers! I follow back and dedicate to voter/commenters!

Let's make this story famous! XDDDD That might be a little ambitious...

Comment! Vote!

Bye!

gaara119