Chapter Thirteen

I managed to doze for an hour last night, so I felt really well rested. Of course, I was woken by nightmares. Nightmares about being abandoned, hated. I looked at the time. It was Four a.m. It would take ten minutes to get the training field. I went and took a shower. I love the smell of this honeysuckle shampoo...

I go to eat breakfast, and remember him telling us not to. I hesitate, then shrug and make some scrambled eggs. I can tell that Naruto is still sleeping, and it's... four thirty. By the time I get dressed, it's four fourty. I wanted to leave in five minutes. I open the door, ready to leave the apartment building when I hesitate.

I walk back to Naruto's apartment and knock on his door. I tap my foot impatiently, listening to him crash to the floor as he wakes up. "Kuso!" he swears, opening the door and rubbing his head. He looks at me in confusion for a moment, then everything seems to click, "Oh no! What time is it? When were we supposed to get there? How late am I?" He spouts, freaking out and pulling his hair.

"It is four fourty six. We are supposed to arrive at five. You aren't late, but you will be if we don't leave within the next four minutes." He stares at me, slowly abosorbing the information, then slams the door in my face. I blink in shock, then smile slightly as I hear him getting ready.

"Just wait a second for me, Keira-chan!" He shouts out the door. Chan... He opens the door, standing there for a moment as he catches his breath. He had a backpack with him. I blink.

Should I have brought a back pack? All I brought was the usual weapons, herbs, medical guaze, and some food pills. Hopefully I'm not ill prepared.

"C'mon, let's go Keira-chan! We don't want to be late!" I glance at the time. Four fifty nine. Wow, he took three minutes to get ready. We both go down to the street, heading towards the training field. I take a deep breath in. There was always something peaceful about wandering these streets when they are totally deserted.

"Ahhhhhhhh!" Naruto yawns loudly. Well, nearly deserted. I snicker slightly. Naruto is obviously not a morning person. We arrive at the spot at the same time as Sakura and Sasuke. I immidiately sit down, wanting to conserve my strength.

I wanted to ask them if we had a plan to "survive" this as a team, but they totally blew me off yesterday, and, well, none of them seemed like morning people. Hours pass as I debate with myself whether or not I should suggest it.

Finally, I work up the nerve and open my mouth. "So, guys, I was thinking that maybe we should have some sort of... preplan on how we're going to pass this as a team." I say hesitantly. They all look at me strangely.

"Why would we do that, Keira-san?" Sakura asks. Inside, I hear her think, She's just trying to get close to MY Sasuke-kun, isn't she?

I sigh and open my mouth to explain, "Well, we're a team, so we need to pass as--" I was cut off by a poof of smoke.

"Morning everyone, ready for your first day?" He asked casually.

"Hey you're late!" Sakura and Naruto accuse together.

"Well, a black cat crossed my path, so I had to take the long way." He explains casually. I smirk, but the other's glare and grown. Didn't they find that lame excuse slightly funny?

"Well," he coughed slightly, "Let's get started." he walks over to a stump and sets an alarm clock on it. "Here we go. It's set for noon." he pulls out three bells. I didn't want to pass this because of my mind reading or other special abilities, so I raise my mental defenses to lock out others minds.

"You're assignment is very simple. You just have to take these bells from me. That's all there is to it." I immidiately start thinking of ways to get the bells. Naruto and Sasuke can work together to attack him from the front, Sakura can be the decoy "attempting" to take the bells from the side, and I can use my speed to steal the bells from behind.