Chapter Twenty Five

I was on the verge of leaving Tazuna in Sakura's hands to help Naruto and Sasuke. They had a shouting match in which Sasuke explained Naruto's mistake. Sasuke began to ignore Naruto, which I can't blame hime for.

Naruto wasn't thinking about teamwork, he was just being a baka. Sasuke did the fireball jutsu, attempting to melt the ice. But Haku's mirrors remained strong, the heat not enought to melt them. 

That's it. I have to help. I take one step towards the ice domes, which Kakashi notices. "Keira, do your duty. You must protect the bridge builder! Call Sakura back, and wait to step in until things get bad!" He orders.

Things aren't already bad? Sasuke and Naruto are pretty much screwed unless someone attacks from the outside!

"Have faith in your comrades, Keira." Kakashi called. I clenched my fists around my daggers and nodded. 

"Sakura-chan! Return to Tazuna-san!" I called out. She turned and glared, but made her way to me.

"Kami, I'm sorry Keira-chan." She murmurs. 

"Now's not the time, Sakura-chan!" I say, scanning the situation and coming up with multiple plans. I think as far ahead with every plan as I can, but none of them will work until I'm allowed to stop protecting Tazuna.

Naruto created shadow clones. That won't work. I shake my head, fearful for their safety. I recently began caring for them... just in time for them to be taken away from me! 

I realized that Sakura had been talking this entire time. "I'm just so infatuated with Sasuke-kun that your feelings, other people disappear..."

"I'm pretty sure that's unhealthy," I comment, but she doesn't seem to hear me.

"I just want to apologize in advance for any times I'm being rude because Sasuke-kun is in danger, or being cool..."

"Or, you could just, y'know, change? Be aware of others, not only Sasuke-kun," I suggest. Yet again, she ignores me. Well, f*ck. Be that way, b*tch.

"But he's just so cool, so amazing. I can't help but love him. I'm willing to protect him no matter what the cost!" Those words hit me like a ton of bricks. Someone to protect. Do I have someone to protect? Someone to care for, sacrifice everything for? 

I snap back to reality as I hear Haku's voice. "It was not my desire to become a shinobi. It's painful. I don't want to kill you. But if you advance... I will have no choice. Then I will kill the kindness in my own heart, and fully embrace the shinobi way. And there will be no mercy, no turning back. This bridge will be the battlefield where our dreams collide."

He continues, "Now I must fight for my dream, just as you fight for yours. Please do not blame me. I fight for someone who is precious to me. I live for him, and I face death for him.  So that his dream may become reality. That is my dream. And for that dream, if I must, I will act as a shinobi, and take your lives." His voice was full of conviction.

That's it! "Kakashi-sensei!" I turn to him. He shakes his head.

"Not yet, Keira!"

"No, attack Zabuza! Haku will abandon his fight and protect Zabuza if you get to close to seriously harming him! Fight Zabuza! I'll wait to help Sasuke-kun and Naruto-kun like you wish! Just fight Zabuza!"

Kakashi nods, then grabs his headband. Zabuza chuckles, "Sharingan... You're no fun Kakashi... using the same old trick. Zabuza ran at Kakashi quickly, stabbing him in the hand. 

"If it's an old trick, why did you just stop me?" Kakashi questioned. I glanced at Naruto and Sasuke. I looked back at Zabuza and Kakashi as the mist began to thicken.