Chapter Nine

Seven Years Later

I walked to the Academy, head down. I actually can't believe that I've managed to stay in one village so long. Though, I hadn't made any friends. Even Naruto gave up on me after awhile.

Over the years, I had developed other abilities. I now have a wingspan of about twelve feet. I was able to fly, (duh), read and control minds, become invisible if I stand still or move slowly, could mimic any voice, and I can heal quickly. I had better hearing and eyesight then most people. I was a freak.

After all these years, I felt as though I was slowly recovering from my past. But at the same time I wanted to cling to my cold shell of protection. This was a new life, a new day. Should I really let the past shape my future?

I arrived at the door of the classroom and pushed it open. No one even glance my way. But as I was walking, somebody stuck a foot out and tripped me. My stuff went sprawling. I picked up my notes and pencil case, used to the behavior, but panicked slightly when I couldn't find my song book.

Where is it? I thought, frantically crawling along the ground, searching for it. I then knocked into somebody's feet, and slowly looked up. It was Ino. "Looking for this?" She asks snidely. I give her my meanest glare and hold my hand out.

No one expects me to defend myself, out loud, at least. I haven't spoken in this classroom since my first day here. "I wonder what's inside here," She muses aloud, "you're always scribbling in it..." My songs. Hundreds, no, thousands have been written in there.

"How about I read this aloud to the class, hmm?" She teases. My hair was in my face, and I peeked out of it, glaring. I knew she could feel the power of my glare, but she had long since learned not to look me in the eye. She wouldn't be able to keep her resolve if she did.

She attempted to open it, but failed. I had made it so you had to run my chakra through it to open. But that didn't mean it couldn't be destroyed, which I knew from my mind reading she was planning on doing next.

"Ino," I said, voice clear and emotionless. Everyone was silenced and turned to stare at me, the girl who never spoke. They probably couldn't believe their ears. "give me back my book..." I paused, ready to drive home my final four words. "Or I'll kill you."

She stuttered, "Uh, I, b-b, er, I," She dropped the book in her fear as she backed up, pressed against a desk. I slowly bent over to pick it up, movements purposeful and precise. "I-I-I was t-totally in t-the w-wrong. I'm s-so s-s-sorry. It'll n-never happen again, I-I swear."

I walked towards her, emotionless and deadly. The fear grew in her eyes, she pants for breath, and her knees knock together. I grew closer, and closer... and brushed right by her to my seat, not giving her a second glance.

She collapsed on her bench in relief, holding her stuttering heart. Everyone was staring at me, muttering things to their friends. Thanks to my advanced hearing and mind reading, I knew it wasn't pleasant.

"What a freak."

"She was totally terrorizing Ino-san."

"If I wasn't so scared of her I would report her."

Then, there was what people refused to say out loud.

Kami, I wish she would just die.

I would go back to the academy if she was on my team.

I don't understand why she's allowed to become a ninja. She's not even one of us!

But one thought made me smile slightly.

Hn. I always thought she was weak. But she stood up to Ino without batting an eye!

I looked around. Naruto, nor the teacher was here. I opened my mind, searching for him. Then I found his mind. Heehee. That'll show them! AH!!! Iruka-sensei! I opened my eyes, smirking internally. He must have pulled another prank.