Chapter Thirty Six

I was in the arena with my fellow competitors. I was looking around. Naruto wasn't here, or Sasuke. I looked up calmly at the sea of spectators. I was ready to fight. Naruto enters, late of course, yelling something about bulls chasing him.

I shake my head slightly. He comes up to me, trying to talk, but I glare and shake my head slightly, motioning to the spectators. I wasn't about to make a fool of myself, and therefore our village, by jabbering before these matches. There were many important people here.

I see the Kazekage walk up to the Hokage. The sand siblings look up, and Gaara growls, all out glaring at him. My eyes sadden as I look between him and his father. I could honestly kill the Kazekage for what he did to Gaara.

Wait, no! I hate Gaara! Right?

The Hokage welcomes us. Nine canidates  made it through, but only eight are here... Sasuke is missing. "Oh, there's one more thing before we get started," The proctor said. He pulled out a bracket. "Look it over," He said boredly.  "There's been a slight change in the match up. Keira-san, you were not pitted against anyone because we were unsure if you would recover in time for this. Shikamaru-san, you will be fighting an extra match, against Keira-san,"

(((AN- BEFORE DOSU WAS KILLED, SHIKAMARU WAS DESIGNATED TO FIGHT AN EXTRA MATCH. THAT'S WHY I HAVE HIM FIGHTING KEIRA IN THIS)))

I shrug. What difference will it really make? I see a memory playing in Gaara's head of killing Dosu. So he was the one who messed up the bracket. Tsk, Tsk. We all go up to the waiting area, and I find myself staring at Gaara.

What was it about him that made me hate him so? What was it about him that made me empathize, and want to comfort him? I shook my head in confusion. What does it matter? I sigh, then maje my way to the railing.

I watched Naruto's match closely, clenching my hand everytime he comes close to losing. He makes a genius ploy, which Neji falls for, and delivers a punch to his jaw. Neji can't move, and Naruto wins. I smile. I knew he could do it!

I study Shikamaru through his entire match. He seemed like the kind to avoid close combat. He obviously liked to take things slow, think through every strategy. So I would just have to keep him busy fighting me so he couldn't think as well.

I sit back down as the match ends. There's one match between his and mine so he could rest. I shake my head. It's hard to believe  he really gave up. But still, it shhows he has good jusdgement. Why go on if you can't win? Isn't it better to pull out and save your teammates?

It's Shino and Kankuro's match next, but Kankuro forfeits. "Aw, what a drag!" Shikamaru complains. "Maybe I should just forfeit as well," I glare. He. Wouldn't. Dare. "Proctor!" He calls out. The proctor looks up.

Not another forfeit, The proctor begs in his head.

"Proctor, I--" I slap my hand over his mouth, dragging him down the hallway. I take him by the ear, letting him fall down the stairs behind me. I get into the arena, everybody laughing at the fact I was dragging him out to fight me.

"Yes?" The proctor asks as I throw Shikamaru down on the ground.

"Urgh, Proctor, I--" I place my foot on his chest, pushing the air out of him. Then I open my mouth.

Mimicing Shikamaru's voice perfectly, I say, "Proctor, I just want to say how extremely excited I am to fight this amazing girl, Keira. I'm going to go all out, use all my strength, and try my hardest to beat her, despite the fact she's a girl," I say.

Shikamaru looks at me in surprise, slowly standing up. "That's my voice," He said slowly. "What a drag," 

The proctor smiled slightly. "Let the match... begin!" 

I could use my super fast speed, but that actually puts a lot of strain on my body. If I had my team to protect me, I could just force myself into his mind and control him. But that can take up to ten minutes sometimes, and I need to be sitting still, concentrating.

Shikamaru looks at me boredly, then jumps away into the shadows. I stand there calmly, then suddenly jump. Everyone makes sounds of confusion. "Why is she jumping?" Naruto asks. Shikamaru's shadow posession stretches below me.

She moved, dodging it, before I even started the jutsu! Shikamaru thought in shock. I smirk. One of the perks of being a mind reader. Man, if only I could unfold my wings, fly above him. I wonder what he would do then?

I stretch, yawning boredly as I step back before a kunai hits me. I wonder idly what he's going to do to try and defeat me. I jump up, sticking to the wall with chakra as Shikamaru's shadow stretches below me.

"You're going to have to change up you're game!" I call out, just standing on the wall. I breathe out into my palm. A rotating ball of wind appears. "Wind release! Spiraling Wind Ball!" I call out, then throw it towards Shikamaru like a baseball. 

He jumps to the side, dodging it. The ball smashes through several trees. Shikamaru turns to me, and his eyes widen as he sees another wind ball barreling towards him. He moves to the side, but I pull the wind ball with chakra strings.

The wind ball comes back towards Shikamaru, nailing him in the back. His eyes widen as he's thrown into the center of the arena. He has the wind knocked out of himm and is desperately trying to breathe.

I jump closer to him. "Wind release! Rotating Shurikan!" I put most of my time into mastering wind jutsus. I like that the wind can be short, mid, and long range, and can defend you as well. I smirk. I'm going to win.

I'm suddenly stuck. I can't move at all. Shikamaru is panting on the ground. "I sent a clone around to catch you with my Shadow Posession," He explained. Ah. Clones don't have minds... "So, I've pretty much won," Shikamaru mutters.

Hm. Seems like I was smart to have a safety net planned.

"Have you now?" I taunt. Then I begin to walk, the shadow still connected to me. He tries to control my movements, and I struggle for a moment, but still manage to walk away.

"How?" 

"Chakra strings," I reply with a smirk, "I created a clone as an.... ace in the hole. She is currently controlling my movements,"

I hear Kankuro explaining what happened. "I can see them now! She is obviously an ameteur. Might even be her first time using Chakra threads. But it's working," 

"So now..." I smile, "I can do this!" I sprint towards him and punch him in the face. He skids to the ground. 

"The winner is... Keira Boukyaku!" I smile, then go to help Shikamaru up. But Naruto beats me there. 

"Good job Keira-chan! And Shikamaru, I can't believe you gave up, then got totally beat!" Naruto shouted in frustration.

"Would you skip it? And are you forgetting? There's another match," Shikamaru said lazily. I nod. 

"Is he going to get disqualified?" I ask the proctor.

"He gets a ten minute relieve," He replies shortly. I nod again.

"Ten minutes, guys," I report.  Nine minutes and thirty seconds pass rather quickly. I get jumpier and jumpier every second. Come on, Sasuke. The proctor steps forward, ready to disqualify Sasuke.

Suddenly, there's a whirlwind of leaves, and dust flies around. There stood Kakashi and Sasuke, back to back. "Sorry we're late. You wouldn't believe the traffic," Kakashi smiles.

"And you are?" The proctor asks, knowing exactly who he was.

"I'm Sasuke... Uchiha," Sasuke declares, deadly serious. I walk up to him.

I do a closed eyed smile, as he smirks at me. He probably was expecting a good luck or somethinf. "Yes?" He asks cockily. I wait a moment, then say,

"You need a haircut," 

____________________________________________________________

Whoo, chapter thirty six...

Yup........

Comment! Vote!

Bye!

gaara119