Chapter Thirty One

We had just entered into the forest of death. We had recieved a heaven scroll. "Scuse me for a second, I really gotta... y'know," Naruto rushes to a tree. I stand there, unfazed. It's not like you can see anything with him turned away. It was better this way, our eyes always on one another. That way no one can give you the slip.

But Sakura has other ideas, and sends him away. We hear Naruto's sigh of relief. Naruto walks out, but his mind... isn't Naruto. I wait a moment. Never know what the enemy will give away if he thinks he's tricked you.

Sasuke had different plans in mind though, and backhanded the fake Naruto. Well, okay, I could use a good fight anyway. I disappear behind "Naruto", punching him back towards Sasuke. It's a bit fun, passing this guy back and forth between ourselves... but I was tiring of this game. I wanted a kill.

The guy transforms into some guy with a gas mask. I run at the guy quickly, kicking him into the air to make an easy target for Sasuke's phoenix flower jutsu. The man dodged every single fire bullet. I frowned. He was fast. 

But not as fast as me. 

He was running away, Sasuke chasing after him. Naruto was on the ground, and Sasuke threw a Kunai to release him. But he was caught off guard when the guy threw an exploding tag at him. The man is looking back at the damaged he caused, but his eyes widened when I jumped through the smoke.

I prepared to chase him down and track him back to his teammates, but Sasuke grabbed my ankle, "Not now, Keira-chan," He sighed.  I turn arund with a slight huff. But then the same man appears behind Sasuke. He just doesn't know when to give up!

"You move, you die," He hissed into Sasuke's ear. I smirk along with Sasuke. Naruto appears, throwing a kunai at the gas mask guy. 

"You're always late, Naruto!" Sasuke insulted. He sticks the kunai to the bottom of his foot, sending it flying towards the man. He jumps up, stabbing him. He yells at Sakura, "Don't let your guard down or you die!" 

The man runs away. Poor Sasuke. The fact that you always have to be on your guard, never trust anyone, is wearing him thin. He can't take it, mentally. I've lived like this my entire life, not trusting anyone, always expecting to be stabbed in the back. I could handle it.

We create a code word, well, speech, to be able to recognize who's who. I of course could always sense their minds and know if it was them. Wind attacks, separating us. I go with the flow of the wind, pushing off of trees and allowing the force of it to carry me. 

I land lightly on my feet. The others fought the wind, which will have left them bruised and battered. I looked around, not seeing any of my teammates. I open my mind slowly, reaching out to search for their minds. 

The barrage of mental noise that hits me as I lower my barriers is astounding. There was so much life in the forest. I finally find Sasuke's mind, and throw up my mental barriers again. I find out that I had collapsed, holding my head in pain.

I run over to them, appearing just as Sasuke attacks Naruto.  "Wait! Stay back!" Sasuke yells, eyes wild. Kuso, he's losing himself. 

"Sasuke-kun, you're mentally collapsing. You can't stand the constant paranoia. You need to be on guard, but not frantic!" I say worriedly.

"The. Password." He grits out.  I hesitate, then murmur it quietly.

He nods hesitantly, but I notice him keeping an eye on me. Doeesn't he trust me? I force myself into Sakura's head, and murmur, it is me. "It's her, Sasuke-kun!" Sakura informs.

"How do you know?" He demands, staring suspiciously at all of us.

"Kuso," I swear, then show him my left arm with all its cuts. "No one has seen my arm, so they don't know what it looks like. Happy?" I hiss.