Chapter Thirty Four

Everyone cleared the area as the girl remained behind. She was on the team from Tanigakure. Her teammates had quit. I study her closely.

She looks lithe, fast and flexible, though her strength probably isn't that impressive. She has dark gray, short hair, with a couple of strands framing her face. Her amber-brown eyes hold sadness and anger. So much anger and hate.

All directed towards me.

"Begin!" The proctor proclaimed.

The girl chuckles softly. "So, you're name is Keira now, eh?" She asked with a smirk.

"It always has, and always will be Keira," I respond calmly.

"Hm, but that's not always the name you give, is it... Mi-chan?" I stiffen slightly. "Oh, yes," she taunts, only loud enough for me to hear, "Do you remember me yet, Aimi-chan?"

I stare. "Nope," I say lightly. She grows an irk mark on her head. 

"Then I'll make you remember!" She shouts, running towards me. She's fast, very fast. She's in front of me in a split second, her orangey brown eyes staring into mine.

She has three kunai in her hand like claws, and goes to punch my face. I easily duck under, and then spin my leg around to sweep her legs under her.

She jumps over my kick with amazing ability, lashing out with her foot towards my face. I grab her foot and twist her around, attempting to throw her to the ground.

But she manages to go with my force, not against it. I’m forced to let go  as she aims the heel of her other foot towards my face.

I lean back, escaping her reach and letting go of her leg. The moment her feet touch the floor she lunging again, and this time the very tip of her three kunai scratch my cheek. She back flips away, crouched and ready for attack. I'm cupping my cheek as she slowly stands. 

"Hm, you're not as powerful as I thought you to be," She said slowly.

 She's a tenacious fighter, never letting me get a moment to think as she attacks. I have to rely on my instincts and reactions.

 "When we got news that you killed five of our men, I thought you were powerful. But I suppose I was wrong," She sighs.

I stand slowly, taking my hand away from my cheek so she can see it already healing over. "Let your guard down for even a second and you're going to be sorry," I warn. 

Outrage flashed in her eyes. "I cannot lose! I will win no matter what the cost! I will avenge my father!" She shouts, making several hand signs. I tense, ready for anything. "Water Release: Violent Water Wave!" She shouted.

I did my hand signs quickly. This may not work, but I have to try. "Wind Release! Wall of Wind!"

"Baka!" She yells hysterically, "Water is strengthened with wind!" Our jutsu's collide, creating a huge amount of steam as the friction between the jutsus heats the water. I use this steam as a cover, running behind Takara quickly. "Impossible! Your wind style was powerful enough to disperse my water style?"

The steam dissipates, and her eyes widen in shock as she realizes I'm no longer in front of her. I stand still, in the darkest corner, knowing that I was invisible to everyone. She slowly backs into my corner, scanning the area for me frantically.

She's finally only about a foot away. "WHERE ARE YOU!?!" She shouts as I close the distance. 

I put my kunai against her neck. "Here," I breathe, making her shout in shock. Then she turns into water. A clone.

I spin to the side, blocking her three kunai's with my twin daggers. “Why do you hate me?" I hiss, pushing against her kunai.

"You murdered my father, freak!" She growled, pushing back with more force. "And after my father died my mother committed suicide because of it! You really killed both my parents!" She accused. "Murderer."