Chapter Seventeen

I couldn't believe we were about to fight such a high level ninja. Well, Kakashi was about to, but it was still thrilling. Zabuza grabed the sword and jumped away from the tree. "He's over there! Naruto exclaimed.

"Standing on the water!" Sakura was shocked. The water was spinning around Zabuza, moved by the chakra he was using. 

He's building up a huge amount of chakra! Kakashi worried. 

Ninja Art: Hidden Mist Jutsu! Zabuza thought. He dissapeared, but I could sense his mind circling, moving closer to us. "He vanished!" Naruto whispered. I shot him a look that told him to be silent, and tuned my ears to our surroundings.

"Sensei!" Sakura worried.

"He'll come after me first."

"But... who is he?" She asked. Weren't you listening the entire time?

"Zabuza Momichi, ex leader of the mists assasination unit. He's a master of the silent killing technique." He explained.

"S-silent?'

As the name suggests, it happens in an instant, without sound or warning of any kind. It's so fast, you pass from this life to the next without realizing what has happenned. The sharingan cannot fully neutralize it. So don't lower your guard."

Everyone shakes in their fear, except me. I really don't lose much if I die. "Well, if we fail, we only lose our lives." I silently agree with Kakashi. There are worse things to lose.

But not everyone agrees. "How can you say that!" Sakura snaps. 

Kakashi doesn't reply. "The mist is getting thicker and thicker!" Naruto gasps. I wish everyone would shut up. Even with my mind reading ability, I can't pinpoint his exact location. If everyone would just shut up, I could listen and figure out where he is!

"The land of waves is surrounded by water. The swirling mistsare ever present." Tazuna muttered. Shut up old man!

"Sensei!" Sakura whined. Your worrying isn't going to help him. 

They finally fell silent, and I could hear a leaf hit the water, wind whistling throught the trees... and footsteps on branches. 

I sent a kunai in the direction of the noise and where I felt his mind to be. I heard him jump lightly away. "One of your students have sensitive ears, Kakashi." Zabuza chuckles, "I'll just have to cut them off." I hear him moving around.

"Eight points." 

Sakura gasps. "What's that?" His voice, baka. 

"Larynx... spine... lungs... liver... jugular... subclavian artery... kidneys... heart. Now, which will be my attack point?" Zabuza breathes, his voice circling through the air so we couldn't pinpoint it. But I hear the rustle of leaves as he ajusts his position and send another kunai at him. I hear him lean to the side and dodge it. 

"Keira, stop drawing attention to yourself!" Kakashi reprimends. Well, the rest of you are sitting around, waiting to be attacked! Suddenly, Kakashi makes a hand sign, and the killer intent in the air doubles.

Sasuke's breath hitches, eyes widen in terror. I feel like I can't breathe! One shallow breath... one tiny movement of the eye... is enough to draw his attack! It's suffocating! If it goes on like this, I'll go insane... The clash of two jonin, intending to kill; I've never felt anything so chilling! 

Sasuke begins to raise his kunai. No... I can't take it! I'd rather... I grab his wrist firmly. I knew what he meant, I felt the same fear. I just didn't allow it to affect me.