Chapter 17: Don't cry ...

Leo felt his eyes burn, trying so hard not to cry anymore. At least not in front of Devin. He had to put up a show, say something so Devin can leave and never look back. Though last night may not help, he just couldn't give in again.
He waited outside in their hidden area, the one place they only knew though he hoped Devin wouldn't find him but hiding in such an obvious place was a cry for the boy to find him of course. He needed these last few moments to be alone and glad Devin slept in longer than usual.
When Devin didn't come, he heard a car outside and crawled out. He saw the lovely couple waiting for Devin to come out. They looked like they could give him a happy life, one much better than he can give Devin. It could give him a real chance at life.
He stuffed his hands into his pockets and looked down at the ground. This was the moment, to make Devin never come back here.

Devin didn't want to leave. It took 3 nana's to get his stuff and carry him downstairs. They kept pulling on him but he kept pulling back.
" Leo !!!!! " he cried as he tried his hardest to resist.
" come on don't keep them waiting" the nana said as she pulled Devin by the wrist.
" NOOOO!" Devin said breaking the grip of the nana and running to their secret place hopping leo would be there. Once he got closer he saw leo Standing there
" LEO LEO ! " he said jumping into his arms, San breaking into tears " don't let them take me !!!"