Chapter 9: Uncertain Future

Time flew and an other year , maybe a little more passed. The boy grew closer and their pranks got bigger. Devin got a camera from a garage sale he passed by from his way out of school. A Polaroid.
It was not the best thing but Devin loved taking pictures of him and Leo together. For him each picture was a treasured memory.
Yet Devin's feelings keep growing. He was confused cause he never felt this way before. He wanted to be with Leo for ever.
One day after school devin walked back to the orphanage with his friend spice, as they stopped by a small shop that selled leader stud bracelets.
" hurry up Dev, I want to get home before Alice gets home, I want to force my brother to make my homework for me " he said looking over his shoulder.
" go ahead without me, I want to check something out here " he said looking over the bracelets.
" whatever , catch you later then " the green eye boy said as he ran out of sight.
The lady of the store came to the front and saw Devin looking at the bracelets, yet he didn't have enough to afford them.
" can I help you ?" She asked tenderly
" oh no just looking ...I have a friend that would love these...if only I had enought " he said looking at the few dollars he had left over from his lunch.
The lady smiled seeing how adorable this kid was, and smiled " take it "
Devin's eyes widden in surprise " really? "
" yeah " she said smiling.
Devin smiled as the lady packed the one he wanted.
" thank you mam" Devin said as he walked away.
The lady smiled as her husband came to the door. " what was that all about "
" remeber that kid we where going to see in the orphanage , but they never manage to show him to us cause he is never around... I am sure that's him " she said smiling as he took a folder and opened it " he has that necklace and that sweet smile , just like in the picture"
" so you want to adopt that one? The lady said he was a troublemaker" the man said crossing his arms over his chest.
The lady nooded " yes...he has a kind heart. You see he could have taken he bracelet from the stan, specially since he passed by here every afternoon. Yet he didn't"
" what ever you say love, guess we'll have a pink hair boy as out son " the man said kissing his wife forehead.
Meanwhile Devin rushed to the orphanage , and ran to their secret meeting spot. He knew lei would be there, specially since he liked to skip school.
" leooo!!!! I am home !!!" He said excitedly as he held the paper bag close to his chest.

Leo laughed at how enthusiast he always is, specially about photos. "Your such an idiot..." he teased with a smile as he opened the package to find a leather bracelet. He really wasn't expecting something that just looked so expensive. He bit his lip and looked up at his friend. "This looks really expensive. Did you buy it? Or steal it? " He wondered a little worried for either answer. He took it though and snapped it on his wrist. It was a bit big and almost slipped off but it was fine. He reached out to Devin and pulled him into a hug. "Your the person I care for most too... Well... Only person I care about period." Even above himself.
"Either way... You didn't have too. I don't want you spending so much on me....or risking so much either." He pulled back from the embrace to look at Devin. "Devin... Would you be grossed out if...I did this..." he lift his hand and touched the boys lips. "What about...If I touched your lips with mine. Would you hate me if I kissed you? " He asked with a heart pounding a mile a minute.

" well this idiot likes to save our memories in case I forget everything again" he teased as he took a picture as Leo open the small bagged and held the dark picture as he waited for it to be revealed.
He walked towards the taller male and smiled " so what you think?" He said balancing himself on his tip toes.
A small chuckle left his lips " neither ! The lady in the store gave it to me for free, she said I could have it" he said cheerfully " it was faith that I got that for you " he said as he was pulled into a hug .
" your silly Leo " he said looking up as he was pressed against the tan skins boy chest " I care about you a lot too....you are the first friend I made , and like my brother, I can't imagine my life without you " he said blushing a bit " but I wanted to, plus it will look really cool on you when you grow up! " he said as he looked up to get a better look of Leo's face .
He looked puzzled am for a moment as Leo brushed his fingertips against his lips. Devin felt his cheeks getting warm as he didn't understand what Leo was doing, yet he shook his head " why would I be grossed out ? It's only you touching me " he said as he smiled " it tickles" he said as he lifted his hands and held onto Leo's wrist " and if you kiss me I would kiss you back...kisses mean you care about a person right" he said staring into Leo's eyes.
"Yea...I care about you...a lot. I really like you Devin." Leo said feeling a bit hurt that he called him his brother at a moment like this. "I don't want to be your brother...I think...I want to be your boyfriend." His tan face turned a shade darker as he blushed. He leaned forward and first kisses his cheek, his kisses went up his jaw and hesitated a moment before kissing the side of his mouth. His lips lingered there for a moment as they tingled with anticipation. "Can we....be together forever?" He leaned just slightly closer than he already was and pressed their lips together. The kiss was electric and made his whole body tingle.