Chapter 8: Don't ever leave me...promise me that...

Devin blushed as he felt Leo's hands around him, and atmost melted as he felt his lips brush against his cheek.
Devin bit his lip as he saw Leo unwrapping the present. Inside was a picture of them together. The frame was decorated with glitter and little beads they used for art and craft time in the orphanage. Ontop of the picture a bracelet made of pink and blue marbles, put together on a string. A small note sat behind it which said " to my hero, brother the fiercest lion I ever met. Thank you for being special.
Devin looked up to met Leo's eyes as he awaited for his reaction.

Leo gazed at the picture and read the note, he didn't smile but his eyes started to water. He reached out pulled Devin closer before he could see the tears come down his cheeks. He placed his face into the boys neck and hugged him tight. "Thank you..." He sniffled but tried to hide the fact that he was crying over this. "Your amazing...your the special one....don't leave my side okay?"

Devin smiled as he heared Leo's thanks, as he chuckled a bit before answering " don't be silly, your the amazing one, plus I am not going anywhere, I mean nobody has adopted me so far so what are the chances of anyone ever wanting me " he said hugging thighly onto Leo. " and even if i ever get adopted, you know I would look for you, and find a way to stay close to you...that I promise "

Leo pulled away and wiped his eyes with his forearm, "your so stupid..." He sighed and smiled before looking at Devin. "That necklace looks perfect on you...." He reached over and fixed it on his chest.
He looked down at the picture and note and put them together and folded it and put it in his pocket. "I'll keep it forever..." He reached over to Devin again and took his hands, pulling him closer and making his friend fall onto his chest while he fell back onto the bed. His arms wrapped around him and held him close. "What do you want to do when we turn 18? Because...then we can go out in the world together....we can get jobs...so we can save for an apartment. Or something....I don't know." He tried to play off like he wasn't thinking about creating a life with Devin outside the home.
"You think so? " devin replied shyly as he looked at the necklace "cause I love it cause not only you made it for me, you also put it on me. I am never taking it off " he said smiling tenderly.
Yet without warning when, Leo pulled him by his hands and Devin fell onto his chest, the male felt his whole face turn red. He was so close to the other male that he could hear his heartbeat.
" well I haven't thought about it much more than I want to be with you. We could share a room like we do now, and always be friends...I want to take pictures for a living, and make people smile " he said sincerely what about you? "
"Pictures...hm...then...I'll work to buy you a camera. So you can take pictures of us and people." He closed his eyes as he relaxed and couldn't loose the smile on his face. "I just...want to make you smile...I don't care about other people. Your the only one who matters to me." He felt his heart beat a little faster as a question came to his lips, "but um...maybe...we could...share a room as more than friends...or best friends."

Devin looked thoughtful for a moment " I could start working and save up for one, that way you don't have to worry about me, and I could work so I could get you nice things too " he said as he could not stop smiling.
Devin looked up towards Leo as he locked his eyes with his " but aren't we best friends already ?" He asked innocently " yet I don't mind sharing the room with you, it's fun having you around ...and well a lot easier when u have nightmares " he said remembering how he always dreamed about blood and death, yet in a way he felt like those where not dreams more like memories, yet he could not remeber them when he woke up.
Leo laughed and shook his head, "never mind..." He pushed Devin's hand back down onto his chest and laid his own head back down as he looked up at the ceiling.
"You really are so dense...I'll tell you later...when your older okay?" He said, not completely understanding his own feelings but he knew he didn't want to leave Devin's side and wanted to make him smile everyday and be with him and maybe even kiss him.

" but you brought it up so it must be important " the pink haired boy said as he proofed his cheeks as his hand was placed on Leo's chest.
" but I am ten ! I have the right to know " he said looking down a bit frustrated. He hoped he grew up faster so Leo would stop treating him as a kid.
Devin closed his eyes , leaning closer to the others chest , as he heared the males heartbeat. " I like how your heart sounds " he said cuddling closer to his friend, as he slowly feel asleep.