Chapter 7: Birthday Surprise !

" are you sure , I mean you look older than that " he joked.

Devin thought for a moment as he looked up " you want me to turn you fat?" He teased " you know I love making food, at most as much as I like taking photos or drawing portraits..." He said as he rolled and layed over Leo's chest looking down on him " but I would like to know what your getting me this year " he teased.
Devin really didn't care much about presents but what ever Leo got him was special. From peculiar color pebbles to colorful objects, devin had a little display of everything he consider valuable, including his bunny plushie.

Leo felt his cheeks get hot as Devin rolled on top of him. "I won't tell you... Not till tonight. Um... after Cake okay? Then we exchange gifts." He smiled at the boy and wrapped his arms around him and pulled him closer into a tight hug. "It's our birthday...so let's go cause some destruction!" He grinned and let go of his tight hug.

" whyyyyyyy....." Devin said pinching Leo's cheeks and pulling them " what's the fdifferemce between now and then ...I mean now you don't want to get up and then you would only want to sleep " he teased as he kept pulling the Aqua haired boys cheeks making them make funny sounds.
Yet devin knew that there was one thing he could never do and was change Leo's mind after he made up his mind, so he sight in defeat " alright after cake! " he said exited "I can't wait "
Feeling the others arms around him made his cheeks turn warm " yes let's Make today a day to remeber "

Devin and Leo spent the day together as usual. Messing with the other kids and the nanis. They wanted to keep them separate at first and even tried to separate their sleeping arrangements but it never worked. Devin would always find a way back to Leo and in the end they gave up. They also saw how less violent Leo became with Devin around though they both were troublemakers.
Maybe the fact that Devin always came back to him, even if Leo got mad and pushed him away. Devin always came back to him. It made him feel strange around the pink boy. Made him want to always hug him and hold him close and kiss... That's what adults do when they like each other after all.
He munched on his cake that Devin made. He loved it because it had gummy worms on top which brought back the memory of when they first met.
"It's good... Really good." He said between chews. He was feeling a little nervous. He knew Devin would like anything he gave him but this was special. He had worked really hard to get it for Devin.
After they finished eating the cake in their bedroom. Alone from everyone else. Leo sat up on his knees and put his hand on his pocket. "Do you want your present first? Or..."

Devin couldn't been having more fun.from one prank to the next, both boys had becomed inseparable.
Devin could not stop smiling. He was just so happy, even if he didn't remember his past, his memories with Leo meant the world to him. But something about today seemed special, even different.
Devin smiled as he saw his lover eat the cake he made, or more like stuff his face on it.
" glad you like it " he said smiling as he ate his piece slowlyly. He was so nervous that it had messed his appetite.
As they went upstairs Devin could feel his heart quicken.
He hid his surprise for his friend under his pillow, but he had an other surprise in mind. He just hope his heart would be give out when he gave it.
" well your the one wit he the surprise " he said trying to hide his flustered cheeks " unless you want yours first " he said as he held his hands behind his back as he slowly pulled the present from under his pillow.
"I'll go first..." He said trying to hide his nerves but doing it pretty well. He pulled something out of his pocket and gripped it in his hand. "Um...close your eyes." He waited for Devin to close his eyes before he placed it into his hand.
He watched him open his eyes and see the neck lace in his hand. A black chain with a blue bird, a star, and the word wish.
"What....so what do you think?" He asked as his eyes looked away feeling a bit embarrassed.
Devin wondered what was the big surprised. He pouted a bit as the other said to close his eyes, but in the end he did what he was told.
He felt a small object placed in his hand and he slowly opened his eyes. For moment he remained speechless as his eyes water up.
" he jumped up and wrapped his arms around Leo's neck " thank you thank you thank you !!!" He said sounding exited " it's so beautiful ...did you make it yourself ?" He asked sounding exited as he pulled away and dangle the necklace before his eyes.
Then he noticed how close both of them where as he slowly took a step back with flustered cheeks" would you put it on me ? " he asked as he looked down at the bed where the prewar-rapped present layed. " so are you ready for your present ? It's nothing that great" he said nervously.

Leo was surprised by the sounds that came out of Devin. He smiled and hugged him back. "Ah...yea...I put it together...you like it?" He asked as his face was feeling hot. He nodded at the question and took the necklace, he leaned forward and put his arms around his friends neck and closed the necklace. His cheek was close to Devin's cheek and he turned his head towards the pink boy and unconsciously he kissed his cheek. "Sorry..." He apologized and pulled away, his eyes going to the present. "I bet it's amazing..." He reached out for the package and started to unwrap.