Chapter 11: Anger issues

Kiss after kiss, devin was hooked on Leo's lips. He would have keep kissing him if the sun was not setting in the sky. The nana's would get worried if they didn't hurry home.
Devin carried a smile on his lips all the way back to the house. Leo was so special to him. He never wanted to let go of his hand.
Once they entered the orphanage there was a young couple at the counter. An other kid was getting adopted, then when Devin looked their way he saw the lady that gave him the bracelet. She smiled and waved his way before Devin and Leo when upstairs.
In their door the almost non existent visit list for adoption was up on their door. All the kids got exited to see those in their door, all but devin and Leo. This time around, Devin's name was in the list. Someone wanted to adopt him.

Over the time that passed the two boys kissed and cuddled and started to share the same bed mostly because they didn't like being separated and they would kiss until they fell asleep in each other's arms.
Leo and devin were walking by when someone whispered Devin's name in shock. They all looked over at him and his troublesome friend. "Devin...your on the list." The little girl said a bit nervous to even speak to the two boys.

Devin felt like he had died and gone to heaven. Being with Leo made him feel happy and he could not wipe the smile he carried on his lips, not even when they where kissing.
As the girl approached them Devin look a bit surprised. It was the 4 time this month he was called out. Last month they tried 6 times and the month before 2 times. Most couples would have given up already, specially with all the kids that where around.
Devin balled his fits as he looked sadly at Leo. " it's them again... The couple From the store" he said sadly " they are nice , but I just ....I don't want to leave without you " he said as he held thighly onto Leo's arm " maybe I could talk to them make them take us both " he said sounding hopeful

Leo looked at Devin as he spoke, he seemed conflicted about the whole thing and Leo just didn't like how to make it better except to tell him to meet them. "Why don't you go...meet them. Or whatever." He shrugged and pulled his arm away from devin. Maybe it would be better if Devin left. He could have a good life with a family. No. Yes...wait.
Leo stuffed his hand into his pocket and went to the restroom. The only place he could hid away from Devin since they went everywhere together. He looked in the mirror at himself as he contemplated. He could be selfish and make Devin not see them and refuse to go with them, then they could leave this place when they turned 18 and be together. Though on the street...working hard just to make ends meat. It would be a hard life but they would be together.

But with them he could happy and have a nice life. A home, a family, a place to sleep. Everything a child should have.
He left the bedroom and saw Devin and ignored him as he walked to the bedroom.