Chapter 3 : Playing in the woods.

Chapter 3: Playing In the Woods.

Valentine

It has been a few weeks since Zayne rejected me. Every Saturday, like always I have been shifting into my wolf form and running in the woods. Only difference as of late is that I am staying out all day and most of the night as well. My stress levels having to deal with being rejected and keeping it a secret has sometimes been too much to bear. Nina takes over and lets me rest while she runs and hunts. Not needing to ruin my clothes, I took a quick shower and wrapped myself in my favourite purple towel and walked outside. Mom and Dad are well aware that I am going for my normal run and bid me to be careful. As I step outside into the beautifully crisp Colorado air. Living within the Rocky Mountains surrounded by forests and fauna is any wolf's dream. Our packs are close to the small town of Piktin. They have the one human bar there that our boys often to go to pick up human girls.

I shifted into Nina, her shiny white coat shimmers in the breezy air as she shakes her whole body after the shift. Nina is an amazing runner and a lethal hunter. So glad she is my inner wolf. She leaped into the air and landed about six feet away and then took off into the woods behind my house like a lightning strike. As she leapt over fallen trees and weaved through bushes and low branches, running at what felt like Mach three. It was incredible to be able to enjoy how agile she was on her paws. It was almost as if she wasn't even touching the ground. I sometimes wished that we could always be in wolf form, but the dangers are far too great. Hunters are everywhere.

We came upon a clear stream and she slowed to take a drink and catch her breath. Our sense of smell is heightened in our wolf state, more so than in our human form. Smelling the trees and vegetation was so soothing. The water was so crisp and sweet tasting on our tongue. As she had her fill of water she shook her head to shake off the excess, when there was the sound of what sounded like twigs snapping. Instantly on high alert, assuming the worst, she lowered our body closer to the ground and lifted her head into the air to smell where the danger was coming from. There was no smell of human around, so we relaxed a little.

''Who's out there?'' Nina growled her warning. From behind one of the giant red cedars, a large black wolf appeared. Baring his teeth and his piercing black eyes staring straight at me demanding respect, he sat. Nina lowered her head until we both smelled his scent. Her head shot up and she growled.

"What do you want?" Nina growled. She began to circle around him to show him she wasn't afraid. He stood up as well and began to walk up to us. He chuffed in the air and circled around us in the same direction we were circling him.

"You better watch that tongue of yours pup." he said with a little bemusement in his tone. Growing bored of this dance we were doing with each other Nina sat down. Holding her head high, watching him continue to circle around us, she scoffed, flicking her tail side to side.

''Whatever,'' she replied sounding somewhat bored. As he circled around her again, she took her chance to leap and run back to the house. Unfortunately, we misjudged his size for being slower than us. He surpassed us and stopped in front of us so abruptly that we almost slammed into him.

''What Do You want?'' Nina growled at him loudly. She was becoming so impatient with this whole ordeal. He shifted back into his handsome human form. He was completely naked, right in front of us. Nina didn't find his human form attractive as she did his wolf form. I, on the other hand, was blushing at the sheer sight of how exposed he was. Nina, being respectful of me as she is, turned her head at the sight of him. She kept a close watch on him peripherally. He walked behind a tree; and came back wearing a white shirt and black pants a few seconds later.

''Shift!'' He commanded out loud. Nina growled baring her teeth. As wolves, we cannot understand wolf-speak while in human form but we do understand behaviours. Nina was clearly rejecting the command.