Chapter 4: An All New Monday, An All New Me

Chapter 4: An all new Monday, An All new me

.............................................................

Valentine

I woke up to the sound of my mother yelling at me to wake up.I could barely open my eyes as the sun light was blindingly filling my room.Ugh, it’s Monday. Why does it have to be Monday already? I slowly move my legs over the edge of the bed and sit up.It feels better to keep my eyes closed. I have had to walk in my room many a times with my eyes shut, so I was able to get to the bathroom without any difficulty. I turned on the light and dimmed it right down as I shut the door.

Finally able to open my eyes to a tolerable level of light, I catch my reflection in the mirror and started.My hand resting on my chest, as I caught my breath, I began to laugh. Completely forgot I got my hair dyed a different color.

I was so not expecting to see a dark haired girl looking back at me. After I got over the initial freak out, I walked over to the tub and turned on the tap to run the water until it was hot enough to switch it over to the shower. I turned the light up a little to aid in the adjustment of light to the outside world.

As steam began to emit from the tub I knew that the water was hot enough for me to shower in. I stripped my jammies off and tossed them into the hamper under the towel rack against the wall. Lifting my leg over the edge of the Jacuzzi, I climbed into the hot steamy shower and let the magic of its warmth wash over me.

There is nothing like a hot shower to wake up the senses and get one ready for their day. I turned off the tap and reached out from behind the shower curtain to grab my towel.I absolutely love these towels.They are so soft; it is like being wrapped in a cloud.

Once I was all wrapped up I stepped out onto the super plush mauve bath mat laying on the sandy coloured tiles under my feet. I love wiggling my toes into the soft tendrils of the mat. I reached over to the towel rack to grab my head towel. I lean forward and flip my hair in front of me then wrap it up.

Walking out of the bathroom wasn't such a huge adjustment of light anymore. I guess my mom had come up into my room to make sure I was awake because my window was open. The air was so clean and sweet smelling I just stood in the doorway of the bathroom for a couple of breaths.

Smiling, I walked over to my walk in closet and starting thinking about how I wanted to look today. Staring at all the new clothes that I got over the weekend with my sister I began to formulate a look. I picked out a nice cream coloured sheer layered Armani top and a complimentary pair of Gucci skinny jeans. 

 Walking out of my closet, a cute pair of Toms caught my eye. I grabbed them and laid out my ensemble on the bed. I sat down on my white stool that was in front of the matching vanity. I opened the drawer that I had put all of my makeup in.

I took out some nice soft gold and coppers that would accent my facial features and really my eyes stand out. Today I was gonna glam it up. Adele, eat your heart out. When I was done I took my hair out of my head towel and blow dried it out, straightening it before I took out my curler and curled the ends to give it a little flare.

I walk downstairs into the kitchen. Mom and Dad stopped what they were doing and just stared at me.

''What?!” I asked panicked thinking that my makeup smudged or something. I scrambled to find a reflective surface to make sure everything still was where it should be.

''You look….you look like you are going to a shoot with your sister.'' Dad answered chucking at my reaction.

''Hmmm, interesting idea. But no thank you, it’s really not for me.'' I brushed off the comment. I sat at the table and picked up a piece of toast and nibbled on it while we shared our plans for the day.