Chapter 32- Father and Son

Shun's POV

Jess is making me see my dad today, why? I didn't want to see him, but I could never say no to her. I followed the address all the way to the cafe I was meeting Choji. I saw him sitting by himself, fidgeting a bit.

"Hey Shun", he held his hand out, but I didn't shake it.

"What do you want?"

"I just wanted to know about you. Who was that girl you were with?"

"Jessika. Remember, the girl I was always hanging out with back when I was younger? Yeah, her. We're dating".

"Wow. She grew up pretty quick"

"It's been 15 years dad, of course she grew up"

"Oh, right. So what have you been up to?"

"You really want to know about me fine. When I was in elementary, mom put me in Bay view. That's where I met all my friends. After in middle, a family moved in and Jess moved into the neighborhood. I fell head over heels for her. In high school, we started dating not so long ago. Something happened with Jess and her family, so she moved in with us. She was hurt by one of our friends and now she is mine. I know that I'm going to be there for her unlike you were with mom"

"Shun, I know you're upset, but please understand that your mother and I were very young when we had you. I wasn't ready for a commitment like she was, I just wish you could...", his phone started ringing.

"Hello?"

"Hi hun"

"Yes don't worry. I'll pick them boys up after practice, okay. Love you, bye", he hung up.

"You're married"

"Yes, happily. And I have two sons", I got up to leave and started walking.

"Shun!"

"What? How about you go with your new family since you have time to be with them!", I kept walking, until he grabbed my arm.

"I came back didn't I? That means I still care about you and Shiori"

"You know she's dead"

"Who is?"

"Mom. My mom. Shiori",I turned and Choji looked at me. He leaned back and grabbed his chest.

"What do mean? When?"

"About 15 years ago. She got really sick. And never got better. She died after her birthday"

"I'm sorry Shun"

"No you're not! Just go back to your family!", I yelled at him and walked away. I didn't look back or anything. I walked all the way home. I opened the door and slammed it. Jess jumped and sat on the couch.

"So, how was it?", she asked me. I didn't answer and just layed down next to her. I put my head on her lap and fell asleep. After a while, I woke up, in the same position.

"Did I fall asleep?"

"Yeah. For about  a few hours"

"Well, I'm still tired. I'm going upstairs"

"Okay. See you there in a little bit", I stood up and kissed her, then went upstairs. I layed down in bed and fell asleep into a dreamless night.