Chapter 8-Day 1

Shun's POV

I was so exhausted. Jess and I went to sleep late last night. Wait, where is she? I woke up and sat up. Then I felt a hand fall next to me. I looked and there she was. Fast asleep, next to me. I was still upset with her, but the fact that I had her by my side made me cool down. I layed back down and wrapped my arms around her. She snuggled closer and held onto me. I put my head on top of hers. We remained this way for about 4 hours. Then my alarm went off. I ended up falling on the floor and Jess turning it off and laughing. We got ready for the crazy day ahead.

We had breakfast with our trainers and headed outside. We started stretching, but stopped when we heard my mom call.

No One's POV

Shiori came and brought everyone to the field. She introduced everyone to the trainers. Jessika went to her friends and Shun to his.

"So, who's the hotty?, asked Lisbeth to Jessika about the guy trainer.

"That's Diaru. He's Shun's trainer. And that's Clara, his fiance.", she replied and Lisbeth looked away, realizing she said something stupid.

"So Shun. Those are your trainers. She's pretty and looks like a nice person", said Dan, who looked at Shun.

"Nah. Clara is sadistic, and Diaru just loves her", replied Shun, pointing toward the trainers.

"Alright everyone, lets begin the timed trials. It will be boys againsts girls", Clara said. Clara led Jessika toward the girls group and Diaru threw Shun over to the boys group. When the trials began, Shun and Jessika took the leads. After a while, everyone stopped, except the duo. You had boys rooting for Jessika and girls rooting for Shun. The last seconds were up. The winner ended up being Shun, beating Jessika by 0.3 milliseconds.

The second trial was up. They were to climb a 20 foot tree. The trainers told Shun and Jessika to stay back and let everyone get a head start. After about 5 minutes, Jessika and Shun went up.

"Come on ladies! Why you gotta be so slow?", Shun yelled at the boys.

"Hey Ashley. You're halfway, almost there. Lisbeth you almost got it. Just a little higher", Jessika told her friends.

"Haha! Slowpokes!", Shun yelled from the platform at the top of the tree. Jessika went a little faster, but her foot ended up slipping and she started falling.

"AAAAAAAAAH!", she yelled. Shun heard and knew exactly who it was. He jumped off the platform and caught Jessika. He landed on the floor, gracefully, on his feet. When he looked at her, she was trembling and she gripped him tighter. He smiled down at her.

"Shhh. shhh. Its okay. I got you", Shun consoled her, while patting her hair. Shun ignored the cries of people and questions. He just carried Jessika toward the house, leaving everyone in shock and horror. He took her up to her room.

Shun's POV

She was going to hear me now. I set her down on her bed and started pacing. She was twitching a bit, but I knew she was uncomfortable.

"You stupid girl! What were you thinking? You could've gotten yourself killed!", I yelled at her.

"Shun, please calm down. It was an accident. But I'm fine. I'm here, I came back. Breathing", she said, trying to console me, but it wasn't working.

"What happens when you don't come back? When you're not in my arms? When your heart stops and you're not breathing anymore. Cold", I told her. Now I wasn't mad, I was just disappointed.

"Then you move on. You live life without me. Never looking back. I'll always be with you no matter what. And someday, we'll get married, have kids, and live away from each other. Shun, please. No matter what happens, I'm always there. Everyday, you make decisions that affect me, not you. Stop thinking of me and start thinking of yourself", she said to me. But, I just couldn't think of life without her.

"Thats my problem. I can't do anything, without thinking how it would affect you. No matter what happens, as long as I'm alive, you will always be safe", I said to her. She was crying and I wiped her tears away. No one will ever hurt her.