Chapter 33

-Brooklyn-
"Brooklyn, she has cancer."
The first thought that came to my mind was that it didn't matter. People get cured from cancer all the time. What was I thinking it didn't matter? Of course it mattered? What was wrong with me?
"Brooklyn?" My dad said.
"Yeah?" I asked.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
"Yeah I'm fine." I said. "I just um got to go."
I hung up before he could say anything else.
My mom had cancer. Why wasn't I sad? Why didn't I feel like crying? I went back into our hotel room. I couldn't let Shawn know. I walked in. He was laying on the bed.
"How do you feel?" I asked him.
"A little better." He responded. "Still not good though."
"I'm sorry baby." I said. "I'm going to go get some food do you want anything?"
"Sure." He responded. "I can't guarantee I'll eat it."
"That's okay." I whispered. I bent down and kissed him on his forehead.
"I don't blame you." He said.
"What?" I asked turning back around.
"For not kissing my lips." He replied.
I walked back over and kissed him on the lips. Then I pulled away but stayed close to his face.
"I don't care." I whispered.
When I left the hotel room instead of going to get something to eat I went next door. I opened it and all the guys were laying around.
"Hey Brooke!" Taylor yelled.
"How's Shawn?" Aaron asked.
"He's good." I responded. I looked around for Cam and when I found him I made eye contact.
"I'm going to go get some food." I said.
"I'll go with you." Cam said.
The boys whispered.
Cam stood up and came over to me. He didn't say anything until we got to the lobby.
"Brooke what's wrong?" He asked. He grabbed my shoulders and spun me around.
I decided to just say it.
"My mom has cancer." I said really fast.
He looked shocked and then looked sympathetic. He engulfed me in a hug. I didn't cry because I wasn't sad which annoyed me. Shouldn't I be sad?
"I'm so sorry." He whispered.
"Cam," I pulled away. "Why am I not sad?"
He looked confused.
"Like I don't feel sad, I don't feel like crying."
"That's because it's not you." He said. "If it was you you would feel different." I nodded and hugged him again. He rubbed my back and my head.
"Can we get food now?" He said pulling away.
"Yeah." I said. "Otherwise they'll think something happened."
We started walking towards the lobby door.
"Does Shawn know?" He asked.
"No." I responded. "About any of it."
"He doesn't even know about your dad?" He said.
"No." I responded. "And I'm not going to tell him yet."
He nodded.
"Cam your the only one who knows right now so please don't tell anyone."
He nodded again. "I promise."
"Okay." I smiled. "Thank you."
"I'm just not in the mood for sympathy and pity and stuff yet. You know?" I asked.
"Yeah I know." He responded.
-1 Week Later-
-Brooklyn-
My mom insisted that I stay at Magcon since it was almost over. She said that my father was there and my grandmother never left her side. It annoyed me that my father plays a part in this but my mother said she didn't want to get into it so I didn't bother her about it.
I had been talking to Cam a lot. Shawn seemed to think something was going on. I felt bad not telling him but I just didn't know how. It was so hard. Cam had been there from the beginning when Shawn couldn't. I planned to tell Shawn soon. He would find out when we got home anyways. I just hoped he wouldn't get mad.
"I'm going to go get some food." I said standing up and stretching from Shawn's arms. He pouted.
"That's okay." Cam said. "I'll do it."
I gave him a look that said 'is this pity because if it is I'll beat your ass' and he shook his head no.
I sat back down.
"You know what?" Shawn said. "I think I'll go with you."
"That's okay man I got it." Cam said.
"Why don't you guys just do together?" Nash asked.
I looked at them.
"Okay." They sighed and left.
-Cameron-
As we walked down the hall we turned the corner and Shawn pushed me up against the wall.
"What the hell man?!" I yelled.
"What the hell me?!" He yelled. "What the hell you!"
"What?!" I asked.
"What's going on with you and Brooke, MY girlfriend."
"Nothing." I responded. "I swear."
"Why should I believe you?" He asked.
"I don't know." I responded.
"What's going on with you two?" He repeated.
"Nothing." I replied. "I'm just helping her through something right now." I wasn't going to tell him what. That was for Brooke to do.
"Why did she go to you?" He asked.
"I don't know."
I knew why but I didn't want to make this worse.
"Why?!" He yelled. His grip on my shirt got tighter.
"Because I was there and you weren't!" I yelled.
His face softened.
"W-what?" He stuttered.
"Man, you weren't there for her and I was."
He let go of my shirt.
"When?"
"That night you were drunk."
He looked sad.
"I can go get food." I said. "You can go talk to her." He nodded and started to walk away. But he stopped and turned back around.
"Hey man I'm sorry." He said.
"It's okay I would have done the same thing." I responded.
-Brooklyn-
We were all sitting in the hotel room. Taylor was searching the channels on the tv trying to find something good to watch. We were waiting for Shawn and Cam to get back with food.
I was in deep concentration when Shawn stormed through the door.
"Brooke can we talk?" He whispered kneeling next to me.
"Yeah I guess." I got up and followed him back to our hotel room. The boys 'ooooed.'
He took me back to our room.
He sat on the bed and pulled me onto it with him.
"What?" I sighed.
"Brooke I want you to tell me what's going on with you." He said.
"Cam told you?" I asked, biting my lip.
"He told me something's happening and that he's the one comforting you and not me." He said. He looked hurt.
I started to tear up.
"No, no, baby don't cry!" He pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around him.
"What's going on?" He whispered. His lips were resting on my head.
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you." I whimpered. "You were d-drunk." I stumbled over my words. "And I didn't want to bother you."
"Baby you sat with me and watched me puke." He said.
I slightly laughed.
"You could never bother me."
I pulled away and looked him in the eyes, my own tearing up.
He wiped them away with his thumbs.
"Will you tell me?" He asked.
I nodded.
His hands stayed on the side of my face.
"That night my dad called."
"What?"
"My dad you know the one who made me."
He smiled.
"This is the dad that walked out on you right?"
"Yeah." I laughed.
"Anyways proceed." He said.
"He called from my moms phone and said she was in the hospital."
His face dropped.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
"She has cancer." I said.
"Brooke,...." He trailed off. "I'm so sorry."
I stood up.
"Yeah?" I said. "Then do me a favor and d-don't pity me!" I said. I stumbled over my words. Tears were forming in my eyes.
He grabbed my shoulders. I looked into his eyes.
He wrapped his arms around me.
I couldn't hold it in any longer I just started sobbing.
"It's okay baby." He rubbed my back.
"This is considered pity." I mumbled.
"No it's called comforting." He responded, his arms still wrapped around me.
I laughed through my tears.
"That's like music to my ears."
I wrapped my arms around his neck.
"I will always be here for you no matter what." He whispered.
His arms tightened around my waist.
"I love you." I whispered.
"I love you too." He whispered.
"What would I do without you?" I whispered.
"Crash and burn." He replied. I smacked him and then pressed my lips to his.
-Plane Ride Home-
Shawn never left my side. He was always there for me. Every phone call and text message I received. He was right there next to me.
All the other boys had eventually found out and everyone one of them was supportive. I had also told Chloe who couldn't express how much she would be there for me. Cam was there for me too. I felt bad because I felt like now that Shawn knew I had been talking to him more when Cam had been there from the beginning. My mom had been released from the hospital but she was in a lot of pain. (A/n I know I never said specifically what type of cancer she had but it's Stage 3 Kidney Cancer and she's going to say it later too! 😉)
We all boarded the plane and I sat in the middle of Shawn and Cam again. This time I made sure I faced Shawn. I put my leg between his and place my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his around me.
"Shawn." I whispered. "I'm scared."
"Everything will be all right." He whispered back. "Your mom is going to kick this cancers ass."
I laughed.
I wrapped my arms around his waist.
"Now get some sleep." He whispered.
And I did.
-Later-
-Shawn-
The plane was about to land so I gently shook Brooke awake.
"Brooke." I whispered. "Baby." I shook her a little more. "Were almost here."
She groaned and I laughed.
Her eyes fluttered open and she looked at me and smiled.
She looked to her right.
"He's sleeping." She whispered.
"Hey Nash!" She whispered.
"Yeah?" He said.
"Do you have anything in your carry on that we can smack Cam with?"
He laughed.
He grabbed his bag and handed Brooke shaving cream.
She smirked and put some in her hand. I grabbed my phone to make a Vine.
"This is what happens when you sleep on the plane ride home." She whispered.
She put the shaving cream in her hand and smacked the side of his face.
He jumped out of his seat.
"What the f-" everyone was staring at him and Brooke and I were trying to hold in our laughter.
"Sir I'm going to have to ask you to take your seat the plane is about to begin landing." The flight attendant said.
He glared at us and then looked back at the flight attendant.
"Sure." He winked. She blushed.
He sat down and put his seatbelt on.
He looked at us.
Brooke busted out laughing.
I haven't seen her laugh like this in a while.
Before I knew it we were able to get off the plane.
-Chloe-
Everyone was coming home from Magcon today. I was super excited to see Nash and Shawn but mostly to see Brooke. I know it's been tough for her and she wanted to come home immediately but her mother insisted she stay.
Her plane was supposed to land at 10:15 and it was 9:50 right now.
I figured that I would head over and just wait for her.
When I got there I checked my phone. 10:07.
I figured I would go in and play a little trick on Brooke.
I walked to the bathrooms were I could see her and prayed she didn't see me.
It was 10:20 when she called me.
"Hey Brooke!" I answered.
"Hey Chlo," she paused. "Where the hell are you?"
"At my house. Why so bitchy?"
"Chloe I'm at the friggin airport with everyone from Magcon you were our ride!!" She exclaimed.
Everyone laughed.
I started my way towards them. Luckily nobody saw me.
"Oh my god I'm so sorry." I said.
"I'll come and pick you up-"
"No." She cut me off. "Just forget-"
I grabbed her sides and she jumped and screamed causing everyone to bust out laughing.
"You jerk!" She yelled engulfing me in a hug.
"Bitch." I mumbled in her ear.
She laughed and pulled away.
"God I missed you so much." She said.
"Yeah I miss you too." I said. "Now let's go." I pulled her arm towards the doors that led outside.
Everybody piled in the car and I dropped all the boys off at Cameron's house, where they were staying, except Shawn. I was going to drop him off after Brooke.
I pulled up to Brooke's house. She gave Shawn a peck on the lips and then hugged me. She placed her hand on the door handle but I didn't see it open.
"Is it locked?" I asked. "Sorry."
I unlocked the doors.
Her hand stayed on the handle but again it didn't open.
"Brooke?" Shawn asked.
"Yeah?" She turned around and bit her lip.
"You-uh-gonna go in?" I asked.
"No I'm good." She sat back in her seat.
I gave Shawn a look that said are you gonna handle this or me.
He shrugged his shoulders. I turned to her.
"Brooklyn," I said in a soothing voice, "Sweetie."
She looked at me.
"You have to go inside." I said.
"No I'm good." She responded.
I looked at Shawn.
He shrugged his shoulders yet again.
"See," I laughed. "Now you said that last time."
She bit her lip.
"Babe?" Shawn said. She turned to look at him, biting her lip.
"Why aren't you going to go in?"
"I don't want to." She pouted and faced the front of the car plopping her back hardly against the back of the seat.
"And why is that?" Shawn asked.
She just sat silently, chewing on her bottom lip.
I've known Brooke for a while and I know when she does that she's nervous or scared.
"Brooke you have to go in." I repeated. "There's no avoiding it."
"I don't want to." She repeated. This time her voice cracked like she was crying.
I looked at Shawn and he mouthed the word 'switch'.
We got out of the car and I sat in the back Shawn sat in the drivers seat.
"Baby." He placed a hand on her shoulder. She looked away towards the window.
He looked at me with hurt in his eyes.
-Shawn-
I looked at Chloe for help. She gave me a sympathetic look.
"Brooke, baby," I said. "Why don't you want to go in?"
"I'm scared." She turned to look at me.
She had tears in her eyes and she was biting her bottom lip.
"Why?" I asked.
"W-what if it's not the same. What if she's in there a-and she's like laying there super sick a-and-"
"Brooke," Chloe said. "She's fine."
"She's not fine Chlo, she has kidney cancer."
Chloe looked hurt but she sat back in her seat.
Brooke wiped her eyes and pecked me on the lips.
She opened the door and grabbed her bag.
Chloe and I watched her walk up to the door. She turned the doorknob and walked inside.
I sighed and looked at Chloe.
"God." She said. "She must be like PMSing or something."
"Thanks that's a great image." I smirked.
"Hey your supposed to love her anyways."
"I do." I sighed.
I really did.
-Brooklyn-
I walked into my house.
I was greeted by my grandmother pulling me into a hug.
(A/n her grandmother is 60 she's not like 80. I'll try to find a picture I like. If not just imagine her as your grandma, if your grandma is like 60.)
She sighed and wouldn't let me go. I stood there for like 2 minutes straight my arms awkwardly pinned to my side. My bag still in my hand.
"I love you so much." She mumbled.
"I love you too grandma." I said.
She let me go and looked at me.
"Oh my god you've gotten to be so grown up!" She said. "Your beautiful!"
"Thank you!" I smiled and blushed.
I walked over to my mother who was on the couch underneath a blanket watching tv.
"I'll leave you two alone." My grandmother said. She went upstairs.
My mother talked to me about kidney cancer. She told me hers was stage three which meant that the cancer could presumably grow further than the Kidney. Although hers hadn't yet it was about to so the doctors decided their first plan of attack would be Chemotherapy. It started the next week. She explained everything would have to be super clean and the chemo could make her sick so I would have to do most of the stuff. My grandma would be there to help but she's getting older so she can't do much. She explained she would be taking like the next month off of work too and a bunch of other stuff that I wasn't completely paying attention too. I figured I had listened to everything important and if I had missed anything important I would find out soon enough.
"Okay." I sighed.
"Are you okay?" She asked.
"Yeah." I said. "Are you?"
"I will be." I smiled.
I gave her a kiss on the cheek and went and grabbed my suitcase.
"How was Magcon by the way?" She asked.
"It was good." I said. "I'll tell you about it in a little bit. I'm just going to unpack."
"Okay." She smiled and returned to watching her tv show.
I ran upstairs and pulled out my phone.
No one had texted me.
I turned on some music.
I put my phone on my bed and began to unpack my bag putting all the stuff away and getting a load of laundry ready.
-Shawn-
After Chloe dropped me off I unpacked my bags and hung out with my mom and Aaliyah for a little bit.
I went in the kitchen to get a snack.
"Hey mom," I said putting a chip in my mouth. "I think I'm going to take Brooke out tonight."
"Okay," she said. "Is her mom okay with it? Like she doesn't need Brooklyn at home does she?"
"Mom, call her Brooke for the hundredth time and I can ask her."
I pulled out my phone and texted her mom. She said if was fine and I asked her how she was doing.
She said she was in pain but she would get over it.
She sounded just like Brooke. Or rather Brooke sounded just like her.
I put some khaki shorts on and a t shirt and then out a flannel over it.
I did my hair and then grabbed my phone to text Brooke.
I went downstairs and sat on the couch to txt her.
Me: Hey baby.
No response.
Me: I want to take you out tonight.
Still no response.
After I sent her a few more texts and got no response I decided I would just go over.
I said goodbye to everyone and hopped in my car.
I drove over to her house and was there in like 5 minutes.
I walked up to her door and knocked. I could hear some shuffling and then a woman who appeared to be about 60 opened the door.
"And who might you be?" She asked.
This must be her grandmother.
"Shawn Mendes." I replied sticking out my hand.
She shook it and welcomed me inside.
"Hello Shawn dear!" Ms. Sanders yelled.
"You know this boy?" Her grandmother turned to Ms. Sanders.
"Yeah he's Brooklyn's boyfriend." She replied.
"Boyfriend?" Her voice raised and she turned back to me.
"Brooklyn Lee Sanders!!" She yelled.
No response.
"Mom, what are you doing?" Ms. Sanders said.
"Who said she could have a boyfriend?" She asked. She sounded serious.
"I sure as hell didn't."
"She's 17." Ms. Sanders replied.
"So what?"
"Shawn honey?" Ms. Sanders said.
"Yes?" I asked.
"Brooklyn is upstairs in her room. She was supposed to be unpacking but it's been a couple hours so I presume she got distracted."
I laughed. "Sounds like Brooke."
I started towards the stairs.
"Shawn?"
I turned around to face her grandmother.
"Nice to meet you." She said.
I smiled and went upstairs.
I went towards Brooke's room.
I opened the door. Brooke was laying on the floor. Clothes were everywhere. She had headphones in and I could hear her soft little voice quietly singing Poker Face.
"Brooke?" I asked.
No response.
I just continued watching her.
After a few minutes the song must have ended because she started singing Lego House quietly.
She opened her eyes and jumped when she saw me standing there.
"How long have you been there?" She asked.
I just smirked and leaned in to kiss her.
"Seriously." She mumbled against my lips.
Her cheeks were warm.
"I don't know like a minute into Poker Face?" I laughed.
"Shawn that was two songs ago!" She slightly screamed slapping my chest.
"Come on." I mumbled. "I thought it was cute."
She blushed and hugged me.
"How are you doing?" I whispered into the crook of her neck.
"Pretty good." She responded.
"Do you want to go out?" I asked.
"Yeah." She sighed against my chest.
I grabbed her hand and led her downstairs.
"Brooklyn?" Her grandmother said.
She pulled my hand towards her grandmother with her.
"I thought I said you couldn't date until you were thirty." She laughed and gave her grandmother a hug while still holding my hand.
She gave her mother a hug doing the same thing.
I said goodbye and this time I led Brooke.
"So you met my grandma?" She asked once we had gotten in the car.
"Yeah." I smiled.
"I'll tell you one thing about her." She said.
"Yeah?" I smirked and glanced at her quickly since I was driving.
"Don't believe a word she says to you."
I laughed.
"Seriously." She said. "Like what did she say when you got there?"
"She said something like 'who said she could have a boyfriend because I sure as hell didn't.'"
She laughed.
"Seriously Shawn. Next time you come over and she's there I'll be standing next to you and I'll grab your hand if she's being serious and I'll grab your-" she paused.
"Ass?" I asked.
"Shut up." She punched me in the shoulder.
"Why must you make everything so gross?"
I laughed.
"Come on you know you want too."
She blushed and laughed.
"Where are we going anyways?" She asked changing the subject.
"I don't know." I replied.
"You don't know?" She laughed.
"Well I figured we could just drive around. It's nice just talking and spending time with you."
"Awww." She cooed.
I blushed.
"Anyways." She said. "That whole hand and-and-"
"Ass." I finished for her.
"Yeah whatever that goes for my whole family."
"She said yes!" I exclaimed. "Ladies and gentleman the lovely Brooklyn Sanders just agreed to grab my ass if any of her family is joking."
She was laughing really hard. I couldn't help but smile.
"I never said that." She said trying to stop laughing.
Just then her phone dinged.
She pulled it out and started typing.
"Who's that?" I asked.
"Why so nosy?" She asked looking up at me.
I smiled.
"It's Chloe." She said.
"Oh." I smiled. "We should get together with her and Nash."
"Yeah." She sighed leaning back in her seat and putting her feet on the dashboard.
I looked at her.
"Is this not okay?" She asked.
"No you're fine."
She smirked and continued on her phone.
"What are you talking about?" I asked.
"You." She replied, smirking.
"What?!" I exclaimed. "Give me that!"
I tried to take it from her but she easily moved.
She laughed. "Jesus Shawn relax!" She said. "I was just joking."
"Mhm." I said putting both hands on the steering wheel.
-Chloe-
I decided to text Brooke and tell her about the rest of my day after I dropped everybody off.
Me: Guess what I did today?!
💕Brooke💕: Oooh. I love this game!!!! Ummmm...... Got a dog?
Me: No can I just tell u?
💕Brooke💕: Nope. 😋
Me: I'm going 2 anyways.
💕Brooke💕: No! No please I'm begging you!!
Me: I talked to Nash.
(A/n I'm just gonna say her now because it's so much work to do the Brooke with the hearts)
Her: omg. What did u say?
Me: I said no offense but what the hell are we?
Her: And???
Me: He said well were nothing right now but I hope we can be boyfriend and girlfriend.
Her: omg what did u say?
Me: YES!!!!!!!
Her: omg I just gasped out loud and Shawn looked at me like I was a freak!! But Idc!!!! That's so great!!!!!
Me: I know!!! And then get this, he kissed me!!!!! And like on the lips and it was long and not just a peck!!!!!
Brooke: omg I'm so happy. We all have to get together. Shawn was talking about going to the beach.
Me: yeah. Totally. I'll txt Nash.
I opened a convo with Nash.
Me: hey.
Him: hey babe.
Me: babe?
Him: well you're my girlfriend now and I think that deserves a nickname. Do you not like it?
Me: lol. It's fine. Shawn and Brooke r talking about getting together to go to the beach.
(A/n at this point all of Magcon is still in Canada they're all staying for a little bit but Idek if they have beaches in Canada. But were going to say they do.)
Him: who?
Me: Brooke, me, Shawn, you.
Him: sounds good. Tomorrow?
Me: I'll ask. Works for me.
Then I went back to Brooke.
Me: tomorrow?
Her: works for us. Just have to make sure my mom/grandma don't need me.
Me: okay!
Then I set my phone down and got a bag ready. I was 99% sure that was a yes for Brooke because she wouldn't take no for an answer. Yet again if her mom needed her she might not go.
I sighed and leaned back on the bed.
My phone buzzed so I grabbed it.
It was Nash.
Him: Want to hang out?
Me: Yasssss. Please I feel like I have no life.
Him: lol. Be there in 20?
Me: okay!
After about five minutes on my phone I decided I should probably get ready. I plugged my straightener in and went to pick out an outfit.
I grabbed a pair of leggings, combat boots and a random shirt. I quickly put them on. I still had ten minutes. I touched up my mascara and eyeliner.
I quickly brushed my teeth and then put on some lipstick.
I had 7 minutes.
I quickly went over my already straight hair with the straightener.
Then the door rang.
"I got it!!!" I yelled.
I turned off my straightener and grabbed my phone. I hit the light switch before leaving my room and going downstairs. Of course although I had said I had the door my 6 year old little sister beat me to it.
She was saying some nonsense to Nash who was bent over smiling. He looked up for like two seconds to wink at me and then looked back down. His eyes widened and he looked back up and stared at me.
"Piper go to your room." I said.
"God your just like mommy." She said. But instead of going upstairs she yelled.
"Mommy Chloe's boyfriend is here!"
I hadn't told my mom about Nash and I yet.
"Shh!!" I covered her mouth with my hand and pulled her close to me.
She licked my hand.
"That was gross but your going to have to do more than that." I whispered just as my mom walked in.
"Chloe what are you doing to your sister?" My mom asked.
"Giving her hug." I responded maybe too quickly.
"We'll let her go it looks like your suffocating her." She smacked me with the wooden spoon in her hand.
"Ow!" I said letting Piper go.
"Freedom!" She yelled running upstairs. Nash laughed.
"And who might you be?" She asked.
"Nash." He responded holding out his hand. "Nash Grier."
"And who are you in relation to my daughter?"
"Uh..." He looked to me for help.
"He's my boyfriend." I said walking towards him.
"Oh." Was all she said. "Well I would love to have you over for dinner sometime. Does your father know about this?" She asked.
"No." I said. "And if you could tell him that would be great thanks." I said it all really fast and grabbed Nash's hand and turned around towards the door.
"Not so fast young lady."
"So close." I muttered.
Nash smiled.
"Yes mother?" I turned around.
"You will BOTH tell your father at dinner tomorrow night."
"Okay fine." I groaned just wanting to get out.
"Curfew Chloe!" She yelled as we made our way out the door.
I got in the passenger seat and Nash in the drivers seat.
"I can not tell you how long I've wanted to do this." He leaned in to kiss me. I hit him in the gut.
He groaned.
"What the hell was that for?"
"My mom is watching us through the window. Just drive." He did as I said.
He drove to the drive ins. When we pulled up he opened his trunk and there were blankets in there.
"Awwww." I cooed. "It's gonna be the new headline. Nash Grier surprisingly romantic."
He smirked and looked at me.
"That looks like a shirt Brooke would wear." He said.
I looked down. "That's because it is." I said, apparently I had took it from her. I would have to make a mental note to give it back one time.
"I think it looks better on you." He said.
I laughed.
I sat down In the back of his car and he sat down next to me.
"Who's car is this?" I asked.
"Cams." He replied.
"Ewww." I said. "It's got Cam cooties."
He laughed.
I turned to face him. Only to find our faces were centimeters apart.
"Nash?" I whispered.
"Yeah?" He asked.
Neither of us dared move.
"Kiss me." I whispered.
Before I knew it his hands were on my waist and mine were in his hair. Our lips moved in perfect sync. Our first official kiss.
-The Next Day-
-Brooklyn-
My mom said I could go to the beach since Nash was leaving soon. Plus she said she didn't need my help and if she needed help my grandma was there.
"Are you sure?" I had said.
"Yes Brooklyn go!" She said.
I smiled giving her a hug and a going to pack my bag.
I was putting stuff in a bag when my grandma came in.
"Where are you going," she asked.
"Chlo, Shawn, Nash and I are going to the beach." I said.
"What?" She came in my room.
"Yeah." I replied back in the same tone.
"Don't you want to stay with your mother? She's going through a tough time right now."
"Yeah. She said it was fine." I said.
"Well of course she would say that. Would you ask her to stay?"
"Yeah." I said.
I zipped my bag up and threw it over my shoulder.
"Your just saying that." She said.
"I'm really not." I replied with a hint of sarcasm.
"Don't get an attitude with me!"
"I didn't have one!" I exclaimed.
"Now you did!"
"Okay I'm leaving to go hang out with my friends." I went downstairs and told my mom goodbye.
When I got in my car I put the key in the ignition but of course it didn't start. I tried again. It made some weird sounds like it was going to start and then they died down.
I groaned. Tears coming to my eyes. I was just so frustrated. First my grandma and then I couldn't even get my damn car to start so I could get the hell out of there.
A voice snapped me out of my thoughts.
"Maybe I could help with that."