Chapter 4

I had to work until 6 and it wasn't even 4 yet. Before Cameron left he said on Thursday we could go out and he would text me more details. The place was dead right now so I pulled out my phone just to check it. Shawn had texted me.
Shawn: What time do you get out of work?
Me: 6. Why?
Shawn: Just wondering. Did you walk today?
Me: Yeah. Why?
Shawn: Just Wondering.
Me: You 'just wonder' about a lot of stuff.
Shawn: What can I say? I'm a wonderful boy.
Me: Haha. Very funny. Now if you don't mind I have to go work.
-Brooklyn-
After my conversation with Shawn I got back to work. It seemed like the day couldn't be going slower. But, before I knew it, it was 5:45 and I was watching the time tick down as I finished up with my last customers. Then it was 5:50 and the girl showed up to cover my shift.
So I got to leave a little early. I put my apron on the hook. As I walked out the door I ran into somebody.
"Oh my god, I'm so-"
I looked up at Shawn.
"Hi." He smiled.
"Hi." I smiled.
Just seeing him brought a smile to my face.
My body was pressed up against his since I had run into him.
I backed up a little.
"What are you doing here?" I asked.
"Jeez I thought you would be happy to see me."
"No, no. I am. But I mean- I'm just-"
"Thought you might want to come over. I hear it's supposed to rain." He said winking.
I laughed.
"So?" He said.
"Yeah, yeah that sounds great." I said. "Can we just stop at my house first so I can change?"
"Of course." He smiled.
-Shawn-
I drove Brooke to her house. I stopped in her driveway.
"You can come in." She said.
"Are you sure?"
"Positive." She smiled.
We went in her house. I sat on the couch and waited for her.
She was down in like 5 minutes. She was wearing a pair of jean shorts and a t shirt from some camp. Her hair was down now. She looked beautiful. She looked beautiful no matter what.
She grabbed her phone and keys off of the counter.
"Ready?" She asked.
"Yeah let's go."
We were at my house in like 2 minutes.
I took her up to my room.
"Wow." She said. I had awards on the walls and lots of music stuff.
"You know how to play?" She asked referring to my guitar. "Um, yeah."
"Can I see?" She asked.
"Uh, sure." I grabbed the guitar and played a few chords and hummed along.
"You sing?" She asked.
"A little." I said.
"Will you sing for me?" She asked. I sang a few words from a song and set the guitar down.
"Your really good." She smiled.
"Thanks." I said, blushing a little.
"Can I show you something cool?" She said.
"Always." I smiled and sat on the bed next to her. She pulled up a page on her phone.
"There's this place in the United States and it's got like this wicked Harry Potter World."
"Wicked?" I laughed. "What do you speak like them?"
"Totally." She said in a British accent.
I laughed again.
We were so close. When she turned around I could feel her hot breath on my cheek. It smelled like mint.
It was raining out. She looked out the window.
-Brooklyn-
"Come here." Shawn said.
He pulled me downstairs to the front door and opened it. It was down pouring. He stepped on the porch.
"What are you doing?" I asked, kind of yelling over the rain.
He ignored me and walked off the porch and into the rain.
"I'm dancing in the rain!" He yelled.
"But I need a friend!" He said pouting.
"Come on, Shawn your crazy!"
He held his arms out.
He continued pouting.
I looked back. Then I stepped on the porch and closed the door.
"Come on!" He yelled. "Just a little more!"
I stepped down and I could feel the rain. I ran over to him.
I laughed. He laughed.
"See." He said.
"What?" I asked.
"Now were both crazy." He said.
"Now," he said bending down and holding his hand out, "May I have this dance?"
"Really?" I asked.
"Really." He assured me.
"Then yes you may." I smiled. I grabbed his hand. He pulled me closer. He put his hands on my waist and I put my hands around his neck. We swayed back and forth.
"There's not even music." I sighed.
Then he started humming.
"You're so weird." I laughed.
"That's fine with me." He said and continued humming. I could feel that I was drenched. You know what the crazy part was though? Not that we were dancing like freaks in the rain or that I was drenched or even that I didn't care that I was drenched. The crazy part was that all that mattered was him. Us. Right there in the moment. I think I was falling for Shawn. But- Cam.
But he broke my heart. Embarrassed me.
But he's sorry.
That doesn't matter.
I was surrounded with so many things I didn't know what to think. I just needed to think it over and have that dinner with him. Maybe it would help me sort through things.
I stared into Shawn's eyes and he stared into mine. He spun me around and then I was really close to him.
I looked up into his eyes.
He looked down into mine.
I smiled.
He smiled.
Then he bent down and his lips met mine.
It was only for like 2 seconds but it was one of the best 2 seconds of my life. But that still didn't change the fact of how confused I was and how much I had to think over. It didn't change Cameron. It didn't change how complicated all of this was.