Chapter 25:

-Brooklyn-
After Chloe left I went upstairs to go get my stuff. I packed it all in the bag and set it on the bed. Somehow I it distracted and ended up on Chloe's bed on my phone.
"Brooklyn?" Chloe's mom said.
I looked up.
"Not that I don't enjoy you here but what are you still doing here?"
"I'm sorry I just got distracted." I slightly laughed. "I'm gonna leave right now."
She laughed "Okay."
I ran down the stairs and to my car. I started the car and drove over to Shawn's house.
His parents cars were in the driveway so I felt kind of weird just walking into their house.
I walked up to the door and knocked. I heard some shuffling around and then Aaliyah appeared at the door.
"Hey Brooke."
"Hi." I smiled. "Mind if I come in?"
She moved out of the way.
"Hey Brooke." Mr. Mendes smiled not taking his eyes off of his book.
"Hey Mr. Mendes."
Mrs. Mendes was in the kitchen making dinner apparently.
"Shawn's upstairs." Aaliyah said.
"Okay I'll be back." I said.
Aaliyah smiled and I quickly but quietly climbed the stairs.
I could hear music coming from Shawn's room.
I could hear his guitar strumming and as I got closer I could hear his voice.
'One of those nights, when she turns the lights down, it's only us now, one of those nights.'
I stood in the doorway as he sang the last part.
I started clapping. He set his guitar down and looked up at me. He smiled as he did. I turned the lights off and walked over to him.
He stood up.
"What are you doing?" He asked.
"Turning the lights down." I whispered getting closer. "It's just one of those nights."
He smiled as my lips met his, moving in perfect sync.
His arms slid around my waist. His hands rested on the small of my back and pulled me closer. We pulled away.
"So?" He said.
"So what?" I asked.
"So how'd it go with Chlo?"
"Good."
"That's good." He whispered, sitting on his bed.
I went and turned the lights on and walked back over to him. I sat on the inside of the bed and he sat on the outside.
I laid down.
"I'll tell you one thing though," I said. "The girl tired me out."
He laughed.
"How much sleep did you get?"
"Like 5 hours."
"Poor Brooke." He sighed.
-Shawn-
Brooke looked really tired.
"Are you gonna stay the night?" I asked her.
"I don't know,....." She said. Her eyes were closed but she wasn't actually sleeping. She was facing me and her one arm was under the pillow, the other resting at her side.
"Why not?" I asked.
"Because-" she said as she slowly dozed off. "I might go home."
"No please stay." I said.
"But I can't even sleep in the same bed as you so it would be the same if I went home."
"Come to my house,...." She mumbled.
"I don't know if my parents would let me."
No response.
"Brooke?"
No response.
She must have fallen asleep. I laughed slightly and kissed her forehead.
-Chloe-
Nash pulled up to a fancy restaurant. I smiled.
"You like it?" He asked.
"Yeah." I said. He came over to my side and opened my door.
"Nash you don't need to-"
"I want to."
I smiled. As we walked in he put his hand on the small of my back.
"Reservation under Grier." He smiled at the Hostess.
"Right this way, sir." She directed us to a private table in the back of the restaurant.
"Wow." I smiled.
The lights were dim and there were candles everywhere.
We ordered our food and as we waited for it he reached across the table and grabbed my hand. He looked at me for approval. I giggled.
He smiled as he relaxed.
"You know?" I said. "You don't have to be so nervous."
"How do you know I'm nervous?" I asked.
"Brooke talks a lot," I laughed.
"Did she tell you we were coming here tonight?"
"No that she wouldn't tell me." I said.
He laughed. "Good otherwise I might have had to hunt her down and kick her ass."
I laughed.
We talked until the food came and shared a lot of laughs.
When the food came we basically ate in silence until the meal was over and Nash insisted he pay for it. Then he took my hand and led me out of the restaurant. We got in his car and he drove me to my house. He walked me to my door like a perfect gentleman and kissed me gently on the cheek.
"You missed." I whispered.
He looked up at me.
"What?"
"You missed." I whispered again leaning up until my lips met his. His right hand rested on my waist and his left hand on the side of my face as our kiss deepened. I put my hands around his neck.
He pulled away. Our foreheads rested against each other.
"I can not tell you how long I've wanted to do that." He sighed.
"Me neither." I sighed. I slightly smiled and he pulled away pecking me on the lips once more and walking away leaving me breathless.
-Brooklyn-
"What are you doing?" Shawn asked.
"I'm leaving." I said as I tried to get out of the door.
"No your not." He said blocking the door.
"Yes I am." I said trying to get by.
He pushed me back and I fell on the bed.
"What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked.
"I should be asking you the same thing." He said.
"Oh yeah? And what do you mean by that?"
"I mean Brooke that you cheated on me with that scum bag."
"He is not a scum bag if anything that's you." I said. Tears streamed down my face.
"Really?" He said, angrily. By now I had stood up. He backed me up against the open window.
"Shawn,..." I whispered. I was scared I felt like I was gonna fall.
"No really Brooke." He said. "Why am I the scum bag?!" I gripped the window pane.
"Maybe your not a scum bag anymore." I muttered.
"Then what am I?!" He yelled.
I looked down.
"What am I?!" He screamed in my face.
"A monster!" I yelled back and then he pushed me and I then was falling, falling, falling.
I sat up abruptly in bed. I was sweating and tears were streaming down my face. I was out of breath. I felt like I had run a marathon. I was gripping the bed with all my strength.
Shawn came running around the corner and into my room. I could hear his feet as he slid around the door.
His hair was messed up and he was in his pajamas. His face looked worried and concerned and he looked like he needed sleep.
"Brooke, Baby are you okay?" He asked, worry in his voice.
"Yeah, I'm f-fine." I stuttered. Tears somehow squeezed their way out of my eyes. I felt like I wanted to cry even though I didn't know why.
"Oh my god." He whispered coming closer. He closed his bedroom door. "Are you crying?"
"No." I sniffled trying to wipe off my tears from my face. I slid to the end of the bed and went into the bathroom. I looked in the mirror. There were clear outlines of tears on my cheeks. I took a makeup wipe and wiped it all off. My eyes were still glazed over with tears.
"Brooke," Shawn said knocking on the door. "Let me in baby."
"Hold on." I said.
I pulled my hair back but it only made me look worse so I left it down and ran through it with my fingers. I splashed some cold water on my face.
I dried my hands and gently patted my face.
"Brooke!" Shawn yelled. Knocking on the door.
I opened it just as he was about to knock again.
"Are you okay?" He asked. Worry was plastered all over his face.
"I'm fine." I said rubbing my eyes.
"Brooke when I walked in you were sweating, tears stained your cheeks, you were gripping the bed for dear life, and you like your about to cry again."
"Yeah." I said. "How'd you know anyways?"
"Brooke I could hear your sobs."
I slightly opened my mouth. I slightly teared up and turned around trying to wipe the tears from my eyes. He grabbed my shoulders and spun me around.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"I just had a nightmare." I said.
"Do you want to talk about it?" He whispered.
I shook my head no.
"Okay." He said. He guided me to his bed and got in next to me.
"Shawn your not allowed to sleep with me."
"I don't care." He whispered pushing the hair out of my face.
"Shawn you're gonna get in trouble."
"I don't care." He whispered.
"You know?" He said, drawing circles with his thumb on my bare back. "Sometimes it helps when you talk about stuff."
"Why do you care so much?" I whispered.
"Because I love you." He whispered back. I smirked.
"Well I still don't want to talk about it." I tapped my fingers in a continuos rhythm on his bare stomach.
"Do you think your parents heard me?" I asked.
"Heard you what?"
"When I was crying." I whispered.
"My whole family sleeps through everything."
"Then how come you got up?" I said turning to look in his eyes.
"Because it was you." He said. "I'll always be here for you. No matter what." I smiled.
"Good to know." I pecked his lips. He put his hand on the small of my back as my shirt rose up my stomach. He pushed my stomach down so it was touching his.
"I love you." I whispered. "But I don't want you to get in trouble so I'm gonna go downstairs." He gripped my waist tighter.
"No you're staying here and I'm staying here and we're gonna sleep right here together." I blushed. He wrapped his arms around me. "As long as I'm here I won't let anything happen to you." He whispered, kissing my forehead and then I fell asleep in his arms.
-The Next Morning-
-Brooklyn-
I woke up to the sound of yelling downstairs.
"Shawn Peter Raul Mendes I can't believe you!" She screamed.
I quickly stood up.
"Mom relax!" He said.
I started getting my things together. I didn't want to get in the middle of things.
"Relax! Relax he says!" She exclaimed.
"Mom nothing happened!" He exclaimed.
"Then why was she sleeping in your bed!" She yelled.
"Because she fell asleep up there!" He exclaimed.
"Then why were you with her in your bed!" She exclaimed.
I had to do it. I had to just go downstairs. I was gonna leave anyways. I finished getting my stuff together and started to go downstairs.
"Mom could you not yell so loud your gonna wake her up." He said more quiet. I was gonna stop and turn around but the stair creaked and Shawn saw me.
"Brooke," he said sympathetically. His face instantly relaxed when he saw me. He pecked me on the lips and grabbed my hand.
"I-" I started but Mrs. Mendes cut me off.
"Get out." She growled.
"I'm sorry?" Shawn said.
"Get out of my house!" She yelled at me. I was scared, petrified, I had never seen Mrs. Mendes this way before.
"Mom no-" Shawn started.
"No Shawn it's okay." I said placing my hand on his chest. His mom glared at me. I tried to hold back tears. "I was gonna leave anyways."
Then I left.
-Shawn-
"See what you did!" I yelled, I turned around and ran up to my room.
"Shawn!" My mom yelled. "Shawn come back here!" I ignored her as I ran upstairs slamming the door behind me.
-Brooklyn-
I hopped in my car and started to drive to my house. I pulled over on the side of the rode about halfway to my house. I checked my phone and saw that I had 3 missed calls from Shawn. I threw it back on the seat I didn't have time for this right now. I wasn't mad at him. Or his mom. I just needed to relax. I felt horrible. It was all my fault. If anything they should be mad at me.
-Shawn-
I slammed my door and punched the wall. It hurt like hell but I didn't care. I decided that I should probably call Brooke and apologize. I called her 3 times but she didn't answer.
"Damn it pick up." I muttered.
She didn't I decided I would wait a little.
"Shawn." My dad said. Knocking on my door.
"Go away!" I yelled.
I could hear Brooke in my head. 'You sound like a child.'
What if this ruined my relationship with her?
I swung open the door and stormed downstairs.
"Shawn!" My mother screamed. I grabbed my keys and ran to my car. I put them in the ignition and started driving to Brooke's house. I didn't realize until I got there that I was still in my sweatpants from bed and I didn't have a shirt on I didn't care though.
-Brooklyn-
When I got home I didn't even have the energy to walk upstairs. I got a glass of water and turned the tv on and started watching it. Just then it started raining outside. I turned off the tv so I could hear the rain. I enjoyed it. I picked up my phone to check it when the doorbell rang. I didn't know who it could be but I went and answered it. I opened it and Shawn was standing there, shirtless, in his sweatpants, drenched, his hair messed up, and his eyes puffy and red.
"Have you been crying?" I asked.
He looked down.
"I- I thought w-we-"
I cut him off by putting my hands on the sides of his face and kissing him passionately.
I could feel my cheeks getting wet.
I pulled away and kept my hands on the side of his face.
He smiled and blinked away more tears.
I wiped them away.
I pulled him inside and shut and locked the door.
I pulled him over to the couch and made him sit down. I sat on his lap. He looked surprised but gladly accepted me on his lap.
"Why are you crying?" I asked.
I searched his eyes.
"I just I thought you were mad at me and I thought we were over."
I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around my waist.
"Never." I whispered.
He smiled.
"Did um-" I shifted uncomfortably. "Did you and your parents make up?" I asked.
"No." He sighed. "But I told you I didn't care."
"It's okay to care Shawn. Hell if that was me I would've screamed at my mom and then went and cried to you." He smiled.
"It's just she doesn't understand." He said.
"Understand what?" I asked playing with his hair.
"How much I love you." He whispered.
I laughed.
"What?" He said, slightly smiling.
"Honestly Shawn," I said placing both of my hands on the side of his face. "I think she knows exactly how much you love me." I sighed. "She just-she's-"
"Brooke?"
"Yeah?" I said, biting my lip.
"I know what your trying to say." He said.
I smiled.
"But I told her over and over again that nothing happened."
"But Shawn she doesn't know that. She's probably scared. She's losing her baby boy." I pinched his cheek.
"Yeah." He said. "Well I think I just need to not be there for a little bit you know?"
"Yeah I know." I whispered. "Are you hungry?" I asked.
"Yeah. Starving, actually." He replied.
I stood up and he followed me. I pulled out a recipe and went to go get some muffin pans.
Shawn picked up the recipe and looked at me.
He kissed me.
"God I love you so much." He mumbled.
I smiled.
"Wow who knew what muffins could do?" I said.
He smiled.
He helped me make them and then I put them in the oven. When they were done Shawn practically burned his hand trying to eat one. I slapped his hand away.
"Can you wait like 2 minutes?" I asked.
"Nope." He smiled.
I kissed him.
I looked down at him and laughed.
"What?" He said.
He was covered in flour. I didn't realize it until now.
I continued laughing. It was in his hair too.
"You think this is funny?" He asked.
I bit my lip trying to contain my laughter.
"Come on." I said jumping down from the counter I was siting on.
"I have to clean up." I put all the ingredients back and then wiped down the counter. When the kitchen looked spotless I turned to Shawn and was met with a handful of flour in my face.
"Oh you're gonna get it." I laughed. I tried chasing him but I eventually lost him in the house.
"Guess I'll have to eat these muffins all by myself." I sighed and bit into one.
I heard a sound.
"Oh they're so good to." I said sitting on the counter.
Shawn came out of nowhere and grabbed one.
"We will continue this after we eat the muffins."
I laughed and he sat on the counter next to me. He put his arm around my shoulders an kissed the top of my head. I put my arm around his waist and we just ate the muffins.