Chapter 26

-Brooklyn-
After Shawn and I ate the muffins I cleaned them up and he went and turned some music on.
He came over and started to dance.
"Shawn,...." I groaned.
He grabbed my hands and started dancing with me. We danced around the living room together jumping on the furniture. I couldn't stop laughing.
"This is so great!" He said.
"Yeah!" I exclaimed, it really was.
"It's like we live together." He said.
"Yeah." I smiled.
"That's a good idea." He mumbled. "Brooke we should live together."
"W-what?" I said. I jumped off the couch and turned the tv down.
"We should live together." He repeated.
"Shawn in case you haven't forgotten you and I are going to Magcon in less than a week."
"Yeah but after Magcon we can get an apartment up here or maybe somewhere a few hours away from our parents so they're not up our butt every second."
I laughed.
"Do you want to?"
"Of course I want to!" I smiled. "But Shawn don't forget you and your mother are still fighting about us sleeping in the same bed. How do you think she'll react when this happens?"
"Well I'll make up with her."
"But Shawn what if after Magcon you're famous and you get a record deal and-"
"Brooke if that happens then you'll come with me and-" He paused. "We'll figure it out. I just know that if it's this fun then I want to live like that everyday.
I smiled and kissed him.
"You should probably make up with your mom." I whispered.
"Yeah probably." He said kissing me again.
"Seriously." I said.
"Seriously." He said and kissed me again.
"Shawn you have to go." I said.
"I know." He said heading towards the door.
"Shawn." I giggled.
"Yeah?" He turned around and bit his lip.
"Do you want a shirt?"
He looked down and realized he was still shirtless.
"Yeah that would be nice."
I ran upstairs and got a shirt.
He quickly put it over his head.
"Thanks Babe." He smile pecking me on the lips and leaving.
-Shawn-
I drove over to my house. I walked in the door.
"Shawn thank god you're here." My mom said. "We need to talk."
"Yeah we do." I said.
"Aaliyah go upstairs." My father said standing up.
"But-"
"Now." My mother said.
Aaliyah ran upstairs and I turned to my parents.
"Listen-"
"No you listen." My mother said. "We believe that you and Brooke didn't do anything but that doesn't change that she broke a major rule in our house and that you stormed off."
"Mom she was sleeping up there and she had a nightmare so I went to comfort her." I said. I looked to my dad for sympathy, "She told me not to stay up there but I did anyways."
"So then you broke a rule." She sighed. "That poor girl." She mumbled.
"Yeah that poor girl is right. Mom you screamed at her."
"I was just over whelmed." She said.
"I know." I said.
"Shawn you're not in trouble." She sighed. "Just don't let that girl go." She said.
"Trust me, mom." I said. "It's not in my wildest dreams."
She smiled.
"Oh I just feel so bad." She said.
"Don't." I said. "I'll invite her over for dinner tonight."
My mom slightly relaxed.
"Just make something good?" I said.
"Of course." She smiled.
I went back over to Brooke's house.
"Hey baby." She greeted me at the door. "How'd it go?" She pecked me on the cheek and pulled me inside.
"Good." I said. "She wants to have you over for dinner tonight."
Her face dropped.
"What's wrong?" I asked sitting on the couch next to her.
She looked down.
"What?" I asked her.
"I'm scared." She admitted.
"I promise I won't let her yell at you." I assured her. "And she won't anyways. She's sorry Brooke."
"I believe that." She mumbled. "I'm just scared."
"I promise." I said leaning back and putting my arm around her.
-Later-
-Shawn-
"What should I wear?" Brooklyn asked.
I was laying on her bed and she was running around in shorts and a tank top searching for something to wear.
"Brooke you've met them before." I sighed.
"Yeah but-"
I got up and walked over to her closet. I pulled down one of my flannels that I had given her and handed it to her.
"Shawn don't forget this is your moms way of apologizing for yelling at me for sleeping in the same bed as you. Do you think I should really wear this?" She held it up.
"Yes." I said. "I promise she won't care. And if she does, then just know I think you look incredibly cute in my clothes."
She blushed and lightly punched me, mumbling a 'shut up.'
I laid back on her bed while she put the flannel over her tank top leaving it open in the front. She pulled down her hair and looked at it in the mirror. She ran her fingers through it and then decided she would straighten it.
I hadn't realized I was staring at her as she straightened her hair.
She turned around.
"Something interesting?"
I got out of my gaze and stood up.
"Um-" I stuttered. "No."
I came up to her and put my hand on the table. (A/n or what he thought was the table.)
"Shawn!" She squealed.
I looked down.
"What?!"
She grabbed my hand. I had placed it right on the straightener. Now I felt the stinging.
"Jesus!" I said.
"Come here!" He said.
She ushered me into the bathroom and turned on the faucet. She put my hand underneath it.
"Don't move." She said. I did as she said and watched as she grabbed a wash cloth and rinsed it underneath the cold water and then put it in my hand. She squeezed my hand so that the cool water made it's way out of the wash cloth and dropped down my hand. Then she left me there as she ran downstairs and came back up with a bag of ice. She placed it directly on my hand and I winced.
"I'm sorry!" She said and looked like she was gonna cry.
She ran away before I could say anything and came back with gauze. She put a thin layer over my hand and then place the ice over it and used more  gauze to hold it down.
She kept her head down the whole time, deep in concentration.
When she pulled away she looked at my hand like it was a masterpiece and smiled.
"Well I'm glad someone can get a laugh out of this." I sighed. "I look like the marshmallow man."
She laughed harder.
"I'm sorry." She said when she calmed down. "But in my defense your the one who put your hand on it."
"I was to distracted." I said.
"And what was so mesmerizing?" She asked.
"You." I responded.
"Aww." She cooed. "That's so sweet." She kissed me and I tried to put my hand on her waist.
"I have to finish my hair." She said. "I suggest you sit over there." She pointed to her bed.
"When I'm done I'll look at your hand." She said.
"You know Brooke you should be a doctor." I said as I sat on the bed and she continued with her hair.
She smiled.
Then she finished her hair and turned around to look at me.
"You look hot." I stated.
"Shut up." She said blushing and punching my shoulder.
"Let me see you hand." She kneeled next to me on the bed and swung one of her legs over the both if mine.
She took off the gauze and looked at it.
"It looks good considering." She said.
"Does it hurt?"
"Not really."
"That's good." She smiled.
She wrapped it up again without the ice.
Then she went downstairs and came back up with two pills and some water.
"Take these." She handed them to me.
"But it doesn't hurt." I said.
"But it will later if your don't take these." She said.
I did as she said and took the pills.
"Are you ready to go?" I asked.
"Always."
-Brooklyn-
Shawn drove me over to his house to have dinner with his parents. I wouldn't stop shaking my leg the whole time.
"Brooke you'll be fine." He said.
He placed his hand on my shaking leg while he drove. When we pulled up to his house I got out of the car and he put his arm around me.
We walked in and Mr. Mendes was on the couch.
Shawn went and said hello and then came back over to me.
"Mom is in the kitchen. You should go say hi." I looked down at my hands.
"I'll be right out here." He said. He pecked my lips and I walked in the kitchen.
"Hello Brooklyn." She said.
"Hello Mrs. Mendes." I said.
"Would you mind helping me dear?" She asked.
"Sure." I said.
I did as she told me and for a few minutes we just stood in silence.
"Listen Brooke." She said. "When I yelled I didn't mean it. I was just really annoyed with Shawn."
"I know." I said. "It's okay."
"Really?" She said she stopped and looked at me, hope filled her eyes.
"Yeah." I smiled.
"Aww honey you don't know how happy that makes me." She held her hands out for a hug and I hugged her.
I slightly laughed.
"Awww there's what I like to see." Shawn said walking in.
He came over and hugged his mom and kissed her on the cheek and then came and sat on the counter next to where I was making the meatballs.
"Hey get your butt off my counter boy." His mother said.
I laughed as he jumped down.
"Oh so funny." He said.
Before I knew it we were all seated at the table. Aaliyah was at a friends house for the night.
"So Brooke what are your plans with my Shawn?" Mr. Mendes asked.
"Um-" I looked to Shawn for help but he was too into eating. "I plan to-" I paused. I could tell my face was beet red. "I'm sorry sir I don't know how to answer that."
He laughed. "It's okay I was just joking." I relaxed. "So what are you crazy kids up to lately?" He asked.
Mrs. Mendes ignored him and asked me a different question, rolling her eyes.
"So where's your mother?" She asked.
"She went up north about an hour to help an elderly couple sell there home. Most other realtors had given up with them but knowing my mother she won't stop until she finds then a new home and sells their old one."
She smiled. "Oh yeah I had heard about them. God bless your mother." We all laughed.
We continued on with dinner and when we were done I helped Mrs. Mendes put the dishes away.
-Shawn-
After dinner we all decided to watch a movie. Brooke was going to go home but I insisted she stay.
We decided to watch Pitch Perfect because somehow the girls outvoted the boys even though there was two of them and two of us.
I put my arm around Brooke and she snuggled closer to me as we watched the movie. She would laugh at the funny parts and I couldn't help but look at her and laugh too.
By the time the movie was over Brooke was asleep in my arms.
The credits rolled and my father went up to bed.
"You can bring her up to your room son." She said.
I opened my mouth to say something but she cut me off. "You can sleep up there too. I have to realize that my little boy is growing up and learn to trust you more. Take her upstairs. I trust you."
She walked upstairs and into her room with my father shutting the door behind her.
"Brooke," I whispered, shaking her gently.
"I know." She whispered back.
"Know what?" I said smirking.
"I don't know." She whispered back.
I laughed. She slowly got up and started to walk towards the door. She was still he asleep.
"Brooke where are you going?"
"Home to sleep." She whispered.
"No come upstairs." I said. She stood about half ways between the stairs and front door. She looked at the stairs and then walked towards the door.
I came behind her and picked her up.
Now she awoke completely, startled.
"Hey Shawn!" She whispered. "Put me down!" I laughed quietly as I took her upstairs and laid her on my bed. I took off my shirt and pants and put on a pair sweatpants getting in next to her.
She took off the flannel and shorts to be more comfortable and I have her one of my shirts.
"Are you cold?" She asked.
"I don't know. Are you?"
"I don't know."
I pulled her closer and she wrapped her legs around my leg.
"You're cold." I said.
I pulled the blankets up and over us. She rolled over so her back was facing me and I pulled her closer and wrapped my arm around her waist.
"Goodnight Baby." I whispered.
"Goodnight Shawn." She whispered back.