Chapter 16

-Brooklyn-
We went back to the hotel and just hung around. We all sat on the deck and played a game of cards.
Then the boys came back. Mr. Mendes sat down next to Mrs. Mendes, put his arm around her and kissed her cheek. Shawn did the same to me. I smiled.
Aaliyah pouted.
Shawn put his arm around her and kissed her cheek.
"Aww." I cooed.
"More like eww." Aaliyah responded wiping her cheek. I laughed and Shawn just stared at me.
"Brooke come here I want to show you something." He grabbed my hand.
"Thank you, Mrs. Mendes!" I yelled as Shawn pulled me into the hotel room and into our bedroom.
He shut the door to our bedroom. Then he roughly kissed me.
"Damn." He said. "I haven't been able to do that all day."
I laughed.
"Do you want to see what I got you?" I asked.
"Always." He said plopping down on the bed.
I pulled out the bag.
He opened it and his eyes lit up.
"Thank you, Brooke, I love it."
"You do?" I asked. He put the strap around his body and held the pick in his hand. He pretended to play.
"I love it." He said.
I laughed.
"So tomorrow's out last day." I sighed sitting on the bed.
"Yeah I wish we could stay later." He said.
"Yeah but it was so sweet of you and your parents to bring me." He leaned back and I laid my head on his lap.
"It was our pleasure." He sighed.
"So what do you want to do tonight?" I asked.
"I saw this really cool arcade when I was with my dad. I was thinking we could go check it out."
"Okay. Should I ask Aaliyah?" I asked.
"Yeah I guess." He sighed.
We walked out Shawn told his parents we were going and Aaliyah agreed to go.
When we got there it was like something I had never seen before. It was huge. Games upon games. (A/n I'm making this place up.)
I went to go buy coins and Shawn actually let me.
Aaliyah split off from us but she had her phone and it was on so we figured it was fine.
We won tons of games. And ended up with a bunch of tickets.
Lastly we played a game where you had to shoot the targets.
"Oh your going down Mendes." I said.
"Yeah right Sanders." He replied.
We out our tokens in and began playing. I actually made way more than I thought I was going to. The scores popped up on the screen.
Shawn: 1200
Brooklyn: 2000
He totally let me win.
"I can't believe you did that." I said.
"Did what?" He asked.
"Let me win." I said.
He gasped and put his hand on his heart. "I did no such thing." He said.
I kissed him. "It's okay." I said. "I still like you."
After that we went and found Aaliyah. We redeemed our prizes and then Shawn treated us to ice cream.
When we got back to the hotel it was like 9 and Mrs. Mendes insisted we go to bed so that we get our sleep before our early flight tomorrow.
-The Next Day-
Mrs. Mendes got everyone up at 5:30 so we could catch our 7:00 flight back to Canada.
When we got on the plane Shawn and I watched the first Harry Potter.
"Hey, who's your favorite character?" I asked, turning to him.
"Harry." He said. "What about you? I'm kind of hoping it's Ginny." He winked.
"It's not." He pouted. "It's Hermione."
I laughed and he laughed with me.
-Later-
"Thank you so much!" I yelled as I walked up to my house. I opened the door and my mom was sitting on the couch watching tv.
"Hey honey!" She exclaimed standing up to give me a hug. "How was your trip?"
"It was great I really had a lot of fun!" I said.
"I'm glad!" She said. "I really am."
I went upstairs and started to unpack when my phone buzzed.
Miss you already. 😘 -Shawn
Miss you too. 😘😘 -Brooke
I finished unpacking and went downstairs. I got a snack and then remembered I had some ass kicking to do.
"Mom!" I yelled. "Yeah?!" She yelled back.
"I'm going to Lucas'!"
"But you just got home." She said. "Can it wait?"
"I just have to talk to him quickly I promise."
"Okay be careful."
I drive over to Lucas' and rang the doorbell.
Lucas opened the door.
"Oh no." He grumbled.
"Damn right oh no." I said walking in. He must have known I was coming.
"Sure you can come in." He said sarcastically.
"What the hell is your problem?" I yelled.
"It just wasn't working, okay?" He said.
"And why not?" I said.
"Listen no offense but your not my therapist so I'm not going to pour my friggin soul out to you about my breakup."
"Just tell my why." I sighed.
"Because." He said.
"Because why?" I pushed.
"Because all these guys hit on her and flirt and she does it back!"
"She's never done that." I whispered.
"You know she has." He said.
"Well Chloe is the best girlfriend you will ever have. She is sweet, kind, and loving. You too could have been great together but you jacked it up. You know one time we went out and this guy came and hit on us and when he walked away I said 'hey he was cute' and she said 'he's not Lucas'. But you know whatever you went and jacked up something great. And you know if anything you should be happy. You had the girl that everybody wanted. I hope your happy now." Then I stormed out leaving him standing there dumbfounded.
I drove back home and spent the rest of the night with my mom. We were watching tv when I got a call.
"I'm gonna take this real quick." I said standing up.
"Hey chlo." I said answering the phone.
"Lucas wants me back!" She exclaimed.
"He-he what?" I stumbled.
"Yeah! He said he made a huge mistake and that he wants me to be his girlfriend again."
"What did you say?" I asked.
"Well I told him I would think about it." She said and then laughed. "And then he said 'and that means let me go talk to Brooke.'"
I laughed.
"Can you come over?" She asked.
"I told my mom I would hang out with her since I just got back. Can I come tomorrow?" I asked.
"Yeah sure!" She said.
"Okay see you!"
-The Next Day-
I threw in sweatpants and a baggy t shirt and quickly drove to Chloe's.
"Geez." She stated.
"Yeah haha."
We went up to her room.
"So what are you gonna do?" I asked.
"I don't know." She sighed.
"Well do you want to take him back?"
"Yes but he hurt me."
"Right, you know there are tons of other guys out there who would date you Chloe."
"But there not Lucas."
"Right." I said, smiling. "So what are you thinking?" I said.
She started to cry.
"It's okay." I hugged her and she cried on my shoulder.
"So I take it your not gonna go back?" I said.
"Brooke!" She said pulling away.
"Right sorry." I motioned for her to hug me again.
I started to tear up myself.
"Hey." I whispered into her ear. "If it makes you feel any better, Shawn got accepted to Magcon. He'll be gone for I don't even know how long."
"I'm sorry." She whispered.
"It's okay. You know maybe you can start dating Nash. That'll make Lucas real jealous."
"Shut up." She said. "You shouldn't even joke about him."
Chloe loved Nash Grier. She had a huge crush on him.
We spent the rest of the day watching sad movies, crying, and binge eating.
"I need to talk to Shawn." I mumbled as I fell asleep.
"I need to talk to Lucas." She mumbled.
Then we fell asleep.