Chapter 13

-Shawn-
After we got out of the ocean. Brooke and I went to lay on our towels in the sand.
"Shawn?" She said as we got out of the water.
"Yeah?" I asked.
"Will you build a sandcastle with me later?"
I laughed at her inner child.
"Of course." I smiled.
She pouted and punched my arm.
We laid on our towels for like an hour.
My mom said she didn't have anything else planned but the beach so we figured we'd stay here for the majority of the day. She even packed us lunch.
When we were laying there I noticed some guys about our age looking at Brooke. I glared at them but I don't think they noticed.
I didn't know what I could do. Brooke rolled onto her stomach.
"Shawn,...." She mumbled looking up at me.
"You should roll into your stomach or your front is gonna be burnt and your back is gonna be white." She laughed.
Aaliyah was building sandcastles next to me.
"Don't worry." She whispered.
I rolled onto my stomach.
Brooke and I just stared at each other. We shared smiles. I think I was falling in love with her. I didn't get how but when I was with her it didn't compare to when I was with anyone else.
"Shawn." She whispered.
"Yeah?" I whispered back.
"Can we go build a sandcastle now?"
"Of course." I smiled standing up. She did the same. I saw the guys still staring at her so I put my arm around her waist.
"What was that for?" She asked.
"Nothing." I said still staring at the boys. We went and got a bucket of water.
We went and sat in an area away from my parents and the guys. Plus there was more space over there.
Of course no matter where we went guys were still staring at her.
I kept trying to kiss her when I could to show them but they didn't seem to care.
"Shawn." She said turning to me.
"What?" I said glancing at the boys.
"Why do you keep kissing me?" She asked.
"What I can't kiss my girlfriend?" I asked glancing at the boys again.
"Ooh." She said looking at the boys.
She grabbed my hands in her hands.
"Look at me." She demanded.
"What?" I said turning my full attention to her.
"Those boys over there." She said pointing to them. "If they really wanted me." I winced. "Then they would do something." She said.
She grabbed my face with her hands and kissed me passionately, leaving us both out of breath.
"I'm all yours." She whispered still holding my face.
"I've got what all the boys want." I said. "Damn."
She smiled.
"Now can we build a sandcastle?"
"Of course baby." I said.
The rest of the time I never glanced at the boys. Aaliyah took cute pictures of us by the water. She got on my back and I kissed her. We got a bunch of others too.
We got back to the room at about 4:30. We hadn't realized how long we had spent at the beach.
When we got in, Brooke ran towards our room.
-Brooklyn-
I ran towards our room.
"I call shower first!" I yelled.
Shawn's parents laughed but I didn't care. I could hear Shawn running behind me and Aaliyah say she would take one in the other bathroom.
When we got in our room Shawn shut the door and tackled me on the bed kissing me roughly.
"I'm still taking one first." I said.
"Fine." He said. "But I'll be waiting."
"Okay." I smiled.
After I was done with my shower I went and got dressed while Shawn took his. I put on skinny jeans and a white tank top. Then I grabbed one of Shawn's flannels and put it on. It looked cute I thought.
"Is that my flannel?" He asked.
I turned around and all he had was a flannel wrapped around his waist.
"Yeah is it a problem?" I asked.
"No I think it looks cute." He smiled.
"Why thank you." I said.
I laid down on the bed so he could get dressed. He had a sweatshirt and khakis on.
"Cute." I smiled.
"Not as cute as you." He said.
"Aww thanks Mendes." I said.
We walked out and everyone else was ready.
"Are we going anywhere for dinner?" Shawn asked putting his arm around my shoulders.
"Aaliyah suggested The Leaky Cauldron since we haven't been there yet." Me. Mendes said.
Shawn looked at me for approval and I nodded. I brought money with me and they wouldn't let me pay.
"Please, Mr. Mendes?"
"I'm sorry Brooklyn but no."
I looked to Shawn now.
I begged him using only his eyes but one glance at his parents and he responded,
"Sorry baby but no."
I stuck my tongue out at him.
After we were done eating Shawn told his parents we were going to meet them there since the place was walking distance.
He took my hand and led me out to a wooden path on the beach.
"So Brooke." He said.
"Yeah?" I asked.
"Were dating.."
"Yeah?" I said.
"Well we technically haven't been on a date yet."
"Yeah." I smiled. I hadn't really thought about it until now. "I guess your right."
He smiled.
"Do you want to go out on a date with me?" He asked.
"I would love to." I smiled.
"Good." He said.
Just then my phone rang. It was Chloe.
"It's um Chloe." I said. "I should probably answer it."
"Yeah go ahead." He said.
I answered the phone.
"Hey Chlo! What's up?" I asked.
She started crying.
"Oh my god what's wrong?!" I exclaimed.
"L-Lucas-" she started crying again.
"What did that son of a bitch do?" I asked her. She laughed a little and Shawn's eyes widened.
"B-broke-" she started crying again.
"Oh my god Chloe I'm so sorry! I wish I was there!" I said. "I can't believe he did that to you!"
"M-Me too." She stumbled on her words.
"Well just know that when I get home the first thing I do is go to his house and beat his ass for you." She laughed and seemed to calm down a little.
"Thanks." She whimpered. "I'm sorry I called you I know your probably busy in Orlando but I just didn't know what to do."
"No I'm glad you did." I said. "Now I have time to think out my strategy."
She laughed again.
"Since I'm not there you have to order a pizza and watch every sad movie you have alone though." I pouted. That's exactly what we did when I broke up with Cameron. She stayed over at my house for like a week and was my moral support.
"No." She said. "I'm gonna hold it all in till you get back and then I'll get my week."
I laughed.
"Okay, but don't be afraid to she's a few tears and you can kick his ass too." I smiled.
"Thanks Brooke. I don't know what I would do without you."
"No problem. What are best friends for?"
She laughed and hung up.
"Is she okay?" Shawn asked.
"Yeah just going through a tough break up with someone."
"Oh." He said. "Well anything I can do-"
"Thank you." I whispered.
He kissed me. I laughed.
"So when is said date?" I asked.
"Tomorrow." He stated.
"Great." I said.
"Really?" He said.
"Yeah. I want it to come as soon as possible." I said. "After all it is my first date with Shawn Mendes." I smiled and he bent down and kissed me.