Chapter 12

-Shawn-
After dinner we went back to the hotel.
"Thank you again, Mr. and Mrs. Mendes." Brooke repeated for what seemed like the hundredth time. I had my hand around her waist and I rolled my eyes. She lightly punched my side so no one else would notice. When we got to the hotel door my mom unlocked it and we all piled in. Brooke went straight to our room,
"Goodnight!" She yelled and "Thank you again!"
Aaliyah stayed in the living room to watch a few shows before she went to bed.
I went to get a bottle of water. Then I said goodnight to everyone.
When I went in our room Brooke was laying on her stomach. Her shirt was raised a little bit revealing a little bit of skin on her back. Her face was in the pillows, her hands by her side.
She looked absolutely breath taking even in this state.
I laid down next to her.
"Brooke?" I whispered.
She groaned.
"Baby you'll kill me in the morning if I don't tell you to go get ready for bed."
She slowly made her way out of the be and to the bathroom. I followed her. She splashed water in her face and I saw the light come back into her eyes. I sat on the toilet and watched her. She pulled her hair back and took all the makeup off. I never realized how much she actually put on until it all came off. She looked at me and smiled and the smile lit up her whole face way more than any makeup could ever do. She was beautiful. Then she washed her face and put some lotion on her face. Lastly she brushed her teeth and used some mouthwash.
She turned to me, "I have to get dressed so go out there for a second."
I smiled at her and pecked her forehead before leaving. She came back out in black mesh shorts and a t shirt.
I whistled.
"Sh,...." She said putting her hands on my chest. "Your parents could hear you." She looked up into my eyes.
I couldn't resist it anymore, I bent down and kissed her. I placed my hands on her waist and her hands moved up my arms and played with my hair.
She pulled away to take a breath.
"Stop." She said.
"No,...." I groaned, I tried to kiss her again but she moved.
"Seriously," she said. "What if Aaliyah walked in?"
"Fine." I groaned and laid down on the bed.
I felt the other side of the bed slowly lower as she laid down next to me.
"Goodnight." She whispered.
"Goodnight." I whispered back.
-Brooklyn-
-The Next Morning-
I was shaken awake by Shawn and Aaliyah.
"My god," I grumbled sitting up. "I can not get a moment of peace can I?" I asked.
"Nope." They both snickered.
Aaliyah left so we could get ready since she already was.
Shawn had no shirt on.
He stood up and I laid on my side facing him.
"So what are we doing today?" I asked.
"My mom thought we should go to the beach." He said.
"Sounds good." I said. I started strutting towards my bag. "The real question is did my boyfriend pack me one?"
"Um,....." He stuttered.
I searched through my bag, tossing clothes to the side.
"No." I said coming up empty handed. "Of course you didn't. Really, Shawn?"
"I-I-I'm sorry?" He said.
"Well what am I supposed to wear, Shawn?" I asked kind of annoyed.
He went over to his bag and pulled out a t shirt. Then he went over to my bag and pulled out a sports bra and spandex. He tossed them to me.
"Put these on."
I went in the bathroom and did as he said.
"I look ridiculous." I said as I walked out.
The shirt went past my but and just above my knees so I looked like and idiot. He went in the bathroom and got a hair tie. He came up behind me and tied it.
I went over and looked in the mirror.
"Shawn you just made it worse. Now it looks like I have a tail."
He laughed.
"Come on Shawn!" I said.
He pulled the hair tie out. He grabbed my shoulders and spun me around.
"Listen to me." He said. Now he had his bathing suit on. He stood in swim trunks and no shirt. "You are beautiful no matter what you wear, no makeup or makeup. It doesn't matter to me."
I smiled.
"Plus," he added and put his arm around my shoulders. We stood in front of the mirror. "Now all the guys at the beach know your mine."
I laughed and turned around to look at him. I held his face in my hands. I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him. We laughed.
"Hey lovebirds." Aaliyah interrupted. "Time for breakfast."
"Okay."
We went and are breakfast and then went to the beach.
"Let's go in the ocean!" Aaliyah exclaimed.
"I-I don't know." Shawn said.
"What are you scared?" I asked him.
"What? No!" He defended.
I could tell he was uneasy.
"Come on then!" I said. I grabbed Aaliyah's hand and we ran into the water and waited for Shawn. We walked in up to our knees and turned around. Shawn seemed fine right here but a little nervous about the deeper water.
"Stay right here." I said to Aaliyah. "I'm gonna go meet Shawn."
"Okay." She smiled.
I stood in front of him and looked up into his eyes.
He looked down at me and then out at the ocean.
"Shawn?" I asked.
"Yeah?" He said. He seemed kind of distracted.
"Look at me."
He looked down at me.
"You know how when we went on the rides how you held my hand because I was nervous?"
"Yeah?" He said.
"Well now I'll hold yours." I grabbed both of his in both of mine and we went into deeper water. He held onto my hand the whole time. We jumped in the waves and we had a lot of fun. Slowly I could see Shawn's face relax even though he never let go of my hand.