Chapter 14

What she wears on her date is above.
-Brooklyn-
Shawn had left like an hour ago with a bag and Aaliyah said that she would help me get ready for our date. As I looked through my suitcase slightly panicking on what to wear, I pulled out a dress. I wondered if Shawn had planned this night all along.
I walked out of our room wearing the dress with black heels that he also packed my hair was curled and I put on a red lipstick to make it pop.
"Wow." Mrs. Mendes said. "Honey you look gorgeous."
"Thank you Mrs. Mendes." I said.
"No problem sweetie." She responded. "Here Shawn told me to give this to you."
She handed me a piece of paper. It read:
Hey Beautiful,
Sorry I'm not there I'm too busy planning our first date. But I promise it will be worth it. Go out the front door of the hotel room and take a left. I'll meet you there.
-Shawn
I smiled just reading it.
"Well have a good time honey." Mrs. Mendes said. She gave me a hug and so did Aaliyah.
"Bye guys." I smiled.
I walked out the door and took a left just like Shawn said. I went as far as I could go.
"Hey gorgeous." I turned around and saw Shawn standing there in a suit and tie.
"Well don't you look handsome." I said smiling.
He smiled and put his hand gently on the side of my face kissing me lightly.
"Are you ready to go?" He whispered, his hot breath caressing my lips.
"Always." I whispered.
-Shawn-
I met Brooke at the end of the hall. She looked absolutely beautiful.
"Hey gorgeous." I said and she turned around.
She was even more beautiful.
"Well don't you look handsome." She smiled.
I smiled back.
I gently put my hand on the side of her face and kissed her.
I pulled away and was centimeters away from her lips.
"Are you ready to go?" I whispered.
"Always." She whispered back. I smiled because that's what I tell her all the time.
I grabbed her hand and she exhaled.
I took her to this cute little bistro down the street where we sat on a deck over looking the beach.
"This is beautiful." She whispered looking over the edge in wonderment.
"Almost as beautiful as you." I said back.
She blushed.
"What a line." She said back.
We ate in almost silence. Every few seconds we would just look up at each other and smile. When we were done eating I took her hand and we just looked over the balcony.
"Come on." I said. "I have more."
"Ooh." She cooed. "What could my magnificent boyfriend possibly have planned for me?"
"Guess you'll have to wait and see." I responded.
I took her hand and led her back to the hotel.
"This is boring." She said.
I felt kind of hurt but kept pulling her along we ride the elevator up to the balcony where nobody was and where I had set up my surprise for her.
"Close your eyes." She put her hands over her eyes and anxiously awaited as I lit several candles which were all around a big comforter I had laid on the ground. I even got her a bouquet of flowers.
I could see her peeking so I scolded her.
"Hey! No peeking!"
She blushed because she had been noticed.
I wanted to go and kiss her but I couldn't.
I stood in front of her with the flowers in my hand.
"Okay. Open your eyes." I said.
She opened her eyes and her whole face lit up.
"Oh my god it's beautiful!" She exclaimed.
She grabbed the roses and pecked me on the lips. Then she grabbed my hand with her other hand and walked around taking it all in.
She looked up at the sky and she practically melted.
The sky was filled with stars and she looked at the comforter I had laid down and walked over to it. She set the flowers on the comforter and sat down. I sat down next to her.
"Thank you Shawn." She said looking me in the eyes.
"Anytime Princess." I responded.
"Princess?" She asked as she raised her eyebrows.
"Yeah." I responded.
"What happened to baby? Or babe?"
"I'll call you whatever you want to be called." I whispered.
"Okay." She whispered while she smiled.
We slowly leaned in and kissed it was slow and passionate. She laid down and I laid down next to her.
We just watched the stars.
"You know?" She said sitting up and looking down on me. "This was the cheesiest date ever."
"What can I say?" I shrugged.
"You can say that's because your the best girlfriend in the world." She whispered getting closer to my face.
"Nah." I whispered.
"Oh really?" She whispered back.
"Yeah." I whispered. With every breath and every word her face was getting close to mine.
-Brooklyn-
"You're such a tease." He groaned.
"Oh really?" I said getting a little closer to his lips.
"Really." He mumbled.
His eyes looked at me pleadingly. He spread out his legs and I laid between them putting my hands on either side of him. I rubbed my bottom lip against his bottom lip without actually kissing him. He closed his eyes. Then he wrapped his leg around mine pulling me down and making me kiss him.
"Hey!" I said pulling away.
"Oh come on!" He exclaimed.
I laid down next to him and grabbed his hand.
"Shawn it's really beautiful." She said.
"Not as beautiful as you." He said turning to face me.
I blushed. We were both on our sides facing each other.
Something had been nagging at my mind this whole trip though.
I bit my lip.
"What is it baby?" Shawn asked.
I looked him in his eyes and sighed.
"How long is Magcon?" I whispered trying not to cry.
He was silent.
"Shawn?" I said struggling to hold back my tears.
"Let's not talk about it." He said.
"Shawn you know we have to talk about it sometime." I mumbled.
He turned away.
"Shawn-" I paused putting my hand on his shoulder. I let the tears come out now.
When he turned back tears stained his cheeks. I laughed through my tears and hugged him.
"What are we gonna do?" I cried.
"I don't know." His voice cracked.
I just cried into his shirt.