Chapter 3

-Brooklyn-
I woke up and the sun was shining through the windows in the living room. I was covered up with a blanket and Shawn was gone. I looked at the clock. 7:30 I had to work at 10 so I figured I would start to get ready. I went over to the fridge and then realized I wasn't hungry. Instead I made a cup of coffee and went and sat on the couch. I turned on the tv to the News. I grabbed my phone and turned it on. When I finished typing in my password a page popped up with this written on it:
Brooklyn,
Or should I say Brooke. 😉 Last night was really fun until you ditched me by falling asleep. It's okay though. I get it you were tired. You did work all day. But in case you ever decide to go dancing in the rain again. Text me if you need a friend to dance with!
xxx-xxx-xxxx
-Shawn
I laughed as I read it. I made a new message to him. I spent like 10 minutes debating what to say. Finally I decided on this.
Hey Shawn I was thinking about dancing in the rain. Want to come?
I waited and waited and waited,.......
-Shawn-
I was laying in bed on my phone when I got a text message. The number wasn't saved in my phone. I opened the message. 
It read:
Hey Shawn I was thinking about dancing in the rain. Want to come?
I instantly smiled as I read it.
I responded:
I would love to. 😀
And then added.
This is Brooke right?
-Brooklyn-
I started to watch tv and tried to get my mind off of Shawn.
Suddenly my phone buzzed again.
Shawn responded.
I smiled.
I would love to. 😀
This is Brooke right?
I laughed.
Our conversation:
Me: No this is Pete.
Shawn: Ha ha. Very funny. Do you have to work today?
Me: Sadly, yes.
Shawn: Poor Brooke.
Me: No, Pete.
Shawn: Poor Pete.
Me: Good job. I have gtg get ready. For stupid work. Ttyl.
Shawn: Have fun.
Me: I'll try.
End of conversation.
I went upstairs to get ready. I took a shower and blew dry my hair with a round brush so it was straight except for the ends. Then I pulled it back so I could do my makeup.
When I was done with my makeup I went and got dressed. When I was all done I went and grabbed a granola bar.
I ate it as I walked to work. When I got to work I put on my apron and put my phone in my pocket.
"Hey Lucy," I said. Lucy was the other waitress here but I was the only one working last night.
"Hi darling." She said. Lucy was an old southern belle. She was probably in her 30's. There was also a waiter here. His name was James. He was 17. So just about my age. He started working here about a month ago we haven't really talked that much though.
I'm assuming he goes to school with Shawn.
Shawn. I completely blanked. His smile. His laugh. His eyes.
"Brooke, Brooke, Brooklyn." I was still thinking about Shawn. "Brooklyn Lee Sanders!" Lucy screamed.
"I'm sorry, what?" I said.
"I need you to wait on table 3."
"Yeah of course." I grabbed my notepad and put it in my apron pocket.
I grabbed some menus. I walked over. I set the menu in front of the boy who had his head down.
"Hi, my name is Brooklyn, I'll be your server today. Can I interest you in a drink?"
When he looked up it was Cameron. My ex-boyfriend. We were together for like 6 months but then he dumped me in front of like the whole school. When he tried to apologize I turned him down. It's been like a month and honestly I'm over it and him.
"Hi Cam." I said giving him a slight smile.
"Hi Brooke." He smiled. "Listen I'm-"
"I know." I said. I really didn't want to get into anything.
"Can I get you a drink?"
"Water would be great."
"Okay." I said walking away.
I got him a cup of water and brought it back to the table.
"I'll give you a few more minutes." I said.
"Wait Brooke," he said grabbing my hand. "Sit please,"
I didn't know what to do. But I sat down.
"Listen I'm really sorry. And I know the last thing you probably want to do is sit her and talk to me right now. But-" he stopped. "I just I want you to trust me again. I want to be friends and when you trust me again maybe a little more than that."
"I don't know...."
"Please? Let me take you out to dinner. Not a date. Just dinner. Promise." He said.
I paused. His eyes were pleading.
"Fine." I agreed. He relaxed. "But just dinner."
"Just dinner." He agreed.
"Okay now I kinda have to go work." I said.
He laughed. "That's what I like about you."
I smiled and walked away.
I came back like 5 minutes for his order.
"I'll just take a burger and fries."
"Okay," I smiled.
I ordered the burger and fries and brought them over.
I grabbed a glass if water.
"Hey Lucy?"
"Yeah hon?"
"I'm gonna take my break now."
"Okay."
I walked over to Cameron's table.
"Do you mind?" I asked pointing to the seat across from him.
"No, no, go ahead."
I sat down.
"So, are you excited to go back to school?" He asked.
"Don't even get me started."
He laughed.
"I'm so over school."
"Same." He said. "We should totally like ditch one day."
"Yeah my mom would kill me."
"She doesn't have to know."
I laughed.
"See." He said.
"What?" I asked.
"I miss this. Us, like eating out and laughing so hard people would stare at us like were freaks and going to the movie theater and hitting people on the head with popcorn." I smiled.
"Yeah," I said now feeling really awkward, I started standing up. "But, um, my break is over now so I have to go."
"Brooke, wait." He grabbed my wrist.
"What?" I asked.
"I'm sorry."
"I know." I said softly.