Chapter 6

-Brooklyn-
"Shawn you're burning up." I said as I placed my hand on his forehead.
"Really?" He said. "Cuz I'm freezing."
"I know." I said sympathetically.
I sat up next to him. I rubbed his bare arms.
"Is that helping?" I asked.
"Not really." He laughed.
I got up and grabbed a sweatshirt from his closet. I handed it to him. He didn't take it.
"Come on Shawn you have to do something for yourself."
"But I'm sick,....." He complained.
I pulled him up and put his sweatshirt on.
"You're lucky I actually like you." I said. He laughed which caused him to start a coughing fit.
I put my hand on his chest. "Sh...." I soothed him.
He looked up into my eyes. I looked down into his.
I could tell that something might happen so I laid down next to him. He wrapped his arm around me. I put our headphones in and before I knew it we were sleeping, or at least I was.
-Shawn-
I really like Brooklyn. I think she's going through something though. I mean she said she went out to dinner but wouldn't tell me with who. What if she has a boyfriend and doesn't want to tell me? But why wouldn't she want to tell me? She fell asleep in my arms. I felt bad because I knew I was going to get her sick but I didn't think there was anything I could do. She's really stubborn. But it's one of the things I like about her. I just watched her sleep. I listened to music and just watched her sleep. She was so peaceful. Then she started to cough in her sleep. She was still beautiful but I knew I had gotten her sick.
When she woke up she looked around and then looked at me. Her hair was messed up and her voice was all congested but it was one of the cutest things ever.
"Shawn?" she said all congested.
"Yeah?" I whispered in a raspy voice.
"I think I'm sick." She said.
"Congratulations." I whispered. "You've officially joined the party."
She smiled weakly.
I pushed the hair out of her face,
"Now go back to sleep." I whispered.
"You too." She said.
"Yeah."
Before I knew it we were asleep in each other's arms.
-Brooklyn-
I woke up in Shawn's bed. I checked my phone. 7:30pm. I rolled over and was met face to face with Shawn.
"Hey." He said in a raspy voice.
"Hi." I whispered.
I shivered. I was still in my t shirt and shorts and I was really cold.
"Are you cold?" He asked.
"A little." I responded.
He cuddled me closer.
"Are you hungry?" I whispered.
"A little. You?"
"I could eat."
"I have an idea." He said. He cleared his throat.
"AALIYAH!!!" He yelled.
I burst out laughing and stuffed my face into his chest.
"I am not your servant when your sick you know." She said walking in.
I smiled looking up.
"Here." I said leaning over Shawn and grabbing the soup.
"Can you please just warm this up for us? With two spoons?" I asked.
"I promise I'll repay you." I smiled.
"Fine." She agreed. "But only for Brooke. Not for you Shawn." She walked out.
"Haha." I said sticking out my tongue at Shawn.
He laughed.
"You're incredible you know that?" He said.
"I've been told it once or twice before." I smiled.
He smiled back.
Aaliyah came back with the bowl of soup on a tray with two spoons, and two glasses of water.
"Oh my god. Thanks Aaliyah you're the best. I would totally give you hug if I weren't sick thanks to your stupid brother."
"Hey!" Shawn said.
We ate our soup in silence. When we were done Shawn grabbed a deck of cards.
"Rummy!" I yelled putting my cards down.
"What?" He said confused.
"I don't know what were we playing again?" I asked.
"I don't know." He sighed.
I laughed. He smiled. Then his mom walked in.
"Oh Brooklyn you're still here?" She said sweetly.
"Please, Mrs. Mendes," I said. "Call me Brooke. I can leave." I continued standing up.
"No, no." She said. "Stay the night. As long as your mother won't mind." She said.
"Thank you." I sniffled.
"No problem." She smiled. "I hope you two feel better."
"Thanks." Shawn said.
When she left Shawn turned to me.
"Are you staying?" He asked.
"Do you want me to?" I asked.
"Yeah."
"Then yes." I smiled.
"Good." He smiled.
I laid down next to him. He opened his arms he hummed songs to me until I fell asleep.
The next day Shawn and I spent in his bed and he begged his mom to let me stay again.
Sunday night I went home because I had to work on Monday. Shawn stopped by to see how I was feeling. I had also thought about Cameron and Shawn and what I should do. I figured that I wouldn't go back to Cameron. But I wouldn't go running to Shawn either. I would see where if went with Shawn, if anything happened and same thing with Cameron.
-August 6th-
-Brooklyn-
I took the week of my birthday off from work. Today I was supposed to go shopping with my best friend, Chloe. I texted Shawn before we left.
Me: Do you know what tomorrow is?
Shawn: Um,.. August 7th.
Me: Shut up. You suck.
Shawn: Aww come on. Why so mean?
Me: I'm going shopping with Chloe ttyl!
Shawn: Ttyl.
Just then Chloe's car pulled up outside I ran out and got in. We spent the day shopping and laughing. We each got a few cute things for the summer and had lunch in the food court.
"So what are you doing for your birthday?" She asked.
"I don't know." I said. "I'll probably see you and Shawn."
"Speaking of the devil." She said.
"What?" I said.
"Brooke you're head over heels for him. Why aren't you two together?"
I told her about the kiss and Cameron and my decision.
"Well I say go for it with Shawn." She said. "I mean the boy clearly is head over heels for you too."
"Shut up." I blushed.
"Ooo."
"Come on." I said, getting up. "Let's go."