Chapter 23

-Matt-
I turned the corner and my expression changed as I saw Brooke. She didn't look the same.
"Matt." She said. She turned around and collapsed in my arms. No sooner did she fall into my arms did Shawn come running around the corner.
"What the hell-" we looked up and noticed the guy standing in front of us.
Shawn grabbed his shirt and pushed him up against the wall.
"What the hell did you do to my girlfriend?!" He yelled.
"Nothing! I swear!" The guy said, clearly afraid.
"Shawn you can beat him up later we have to go and get help or something."
"Yeah, yeah right." He took her out of my arms and brought her back to the hotel room.
He laid her on the bed.
"Woah!" The guys said. "What the hell happened?"
"Some douche wad did something to her." Shawn explained.
Mahogany put a wash cloth on her forehead.
We sat there for like ten minutes.
"Maybe we should call 9-1-1." Mahogany said.
I heard a weak no.
"Did you guys hear that?" I said.
"Hear what?"
"I did." Shawn said. He looked down at Brooke.
Her eyes fluttered open and then she quickly closed them. Everyone was dead silent. She grabbed Shawn's arm.
-Shawn-
She gripped my arm. Really tight.
"I'm fine." She said. Her voice was really raspy.
"Brooke you're clearly not." I said. I put my hand on her forehead to see if she was warm.
"Brooke you're really warm." I said.
"I'm fine." She said through her teeth. Her grip tightened around my arm as she attempted to sit up. Her eyes were still shut.
"Brooke you can't sit up. For god sake you can't even open your eyes."
"Listen I'm fine." She said.
"Brooke."
"Shawn." She said. She attempted to open her eyes but quickly shut them.
"Why can't you open your eyes?" I asked.
"The light." She said. "Really hurts my head."
I looked at Matt and he dimmed the lights.
Her eyes fluttered open.
"Brooke," I said. "I think you have a concussion. You should be at the hospital."
"No." She said swinging her legs over the side of the bed. She winced. "If I have a concussion there is nothing the hospital can do."
She attempted to stand up. She looked like she was going to fall. I went and put my arm around her waist to hold her up.
"They can give you medicine." I said.
"I don't need medicine." She insisted.
"I need to stay awake so if any of you boys care about me at all you will help me." She said.
"Fine." I agreed.
-Later-
Brooke was walking in circles in front of me. I held an ice pack to her forehead and kept her steady as we walked around.
"What's your favorite color?"
"Green."
"When's your birthday?"
"August 7th 1998."
We asked her question to keep her brain going. Before we knew it, it was 3am.
"I think you're good now Brooke." I said. "Do you feel better?"
"Yeah, actually." She replied. She turned to everyone else. "Thanks a lot you guys."
"Anytime Brooke." Nash said. "You're officially part of the family."
She smiled.
"Since your part of our family now." Matt said. "It's our job to beat up the douchebag who did this to you."
"No he didn't do it." She said. "I was running from Matt and I ran around a corner to fast. I ran into him. I actually think he might have tried to save me but I fell backwards anyways and hit my head on the wall."
Matt looked down.
"He still ran into you." I  said. "I think that deserves a punch or two from me."
"No." She said placing my thumb on my chin. "It deserves a kiss or two for me."
She stood on her tip toes and kissed my lips a couple times.
"Ugh get a room you two." Taylor said throwing a pillow at us.
"Yeah honestly." The Johnson said.
We laughed and kissed again just to get on their nerves.
-Later-
-Shawn-
I brought Brooke back to her house. I walked her up to the front door.
"Shawn," she said playing with the collar of my shirt.
"Yeah?"
"Can you stay with me?" She asked.
"Br-I don't know." Her eyes immediately looked hurt.
"Okay." She whispered. She turned towards her door and began to unlock it.
"Brooke wait-"
Just then her phone rang.
"Hold on."
"What?" She said. "Mom? I leave in a week!" She continued. "Fine. Okay. Yeah I love you too." She said sarcastically.
"What's up?" I asked.
"There's a house an hour and a half away that some people can't sell so she went to go help them rather than drive down there everyday she's staying down there until wednesday.
"Oh I'm sorry." I said.
"It's fine." She mumbled.
She turned around and tried to unlock the door but I grabbed her hand.
"Stay at my house." I said.
"Shawn-I couldn't intrude-"
"You won't be." I said. "My parents love you."
She smiled.
"Let me just grab a few things." She said kissing me.
She ran upstairs and I followed. She grabbed a brush, toothbrush, makeup, clothes and put them in a draw string bag.
"Okay." She sighed.
We drove over to my house. I walked in holding her hand and she clung to me.
"Hey mom!" I yelled.
No answer. "Dad!" I yelled.
No answer. "Aaliyah!" I yelled.
No answer. "I guess were all alone." I said turning to Brooke.
She smirked. I took her up to my room. She set her bag on the floor. She looked around. I put my hands on her waist and she out her hands around my neck. I brought my lips down to hers and closed the distance. She smirked against my lips. Her hands moved up the back of my head and were in my hair. I smirked. I tangled my hands in her hair. It was so soft. She stepped back and I followed as I still kissed her. I turned around and sat on the bed. I could tell she felt awkward so I pulled her onto my lap. Her hands grabbed mine and I leaned back on the bed. She laid on top of me. I started to finger the edge of her shirt slowly pulling it up revealing some bare skin on her back and stomach. She pulled away.
"Shawn we can't-"
"I know." I whispered.
"Are you hungry?" She whispered back.
"Yeah a little."
She kissed my lips once more and then rolled over onto her back.
"Shawn what time is it?" She asked.
"6:30." (Pm) "Shawn!" She yelled jumping up and slapping my chest.
"Ow!"
"Shawn you have Magcon at 7:00!" She yelled.
"Oh shit!!!" I yelled.
-Brooklyn-
I looked at him and laughed.
"Brooke this isn't funny we have to go!" He said as he put a sweatshirt on. I stood up grabbing my stomach as I was laughing.
"I've never heard you say that before!"
He threw a sweatshirt of his at me and I caught it.
"Why did you throw this at me?" I said.
"It's cold." He said.
"But Shawn-"
He took it out of my hand and put it over my head.
"Put your hands up." I did as he said.
He put his sweat shirt on me. He pulled it down.
He looked at me.
"Good. Okay let's go." He grabbed my hand and we ran out to his car. He opened the passenger door for me.
"Shawn I-"
"Just get in." I did as he said and he shut the door.
He ran around the car and hopped in the drivers seat.
"Shawn!" I said.
"What Brooke?!" He said fumbling to get the keys in the ignition.
"Look at me!"
He looked at me.
I put my hands on the side of his face and kissed him.
"Relax." I whispered.
He exhaled and his hot breath lingered on my skin.
"Just relax." I whispered.
"Okay." He said.
Then he started to drive.
I smiled at him.
"What are you smiling at?" He asked.
"You." I said, still smiling.
"What about me?" He asked.
"You gave me your sweatshirt." I said.
"Oh." He blushed.
I smiled even bigger and just looked out the window. I turned up the music a little bit and Shawn started singing along. I smiled at him.
"Someday, some big recording company is gonna sign you Shawn." I said.
He laughed.
"I'm serious."
"I like how you have faith in me, Brooke." He said.
"Always." I smiled.
Before I knew it we were there.
Shawn and I ran inside.
"There you are Shawn where have you been!!" They all screamed.
Then they saw me.
"Ooooh." They all said.
"No!" I said. "No, no, no. You all had sick minds."
"Mhm." Nash said. "Were the sick ones!"
"Just shut up!" Shawn said blushing.
"Look he's blushing!" Taylor said. "You guys really did do it didn't you?!"
"No!" I defended grabbing Shawn's hand.
"Mhm." They all mumbled.
I groaned.
They all laughed.
Now I blushed and Shawn put his arm around me protectively.
"Alright let's go guys." Cameron said.
Shawn kissed me.
"I'll see you in a little bit." They went all went out at first and greeted the fans together. Then they all came backstage to help set up for Jack and Jacks thing.
"Here come here baby." Shawn said. He pulled the hood up on his sweatshirt and put his arm around my shoulders and quickly ushered me across stage to the other side. There was a chair right next to the stage that he told me to sit at.
"Keep your hood up okay?"
"Why?" I asked.
"Just so they don't see you." He said. "They'll go crazy."
"Okay." I smiled.
He pecked me on the lips and walked back across the stage waving to the audience as he did. They went wild. It was crazy. Shawn hasn't even been apart if Magcon for that long and already he's getting pretty famous. I smiled.
Jack and Jack did a rap, and then Nash, Cam, Aaron, Taylor, Carter, and Matt came out and did the Chubby Bunny challenge. I laughed as I watched them. I really enjoyed it. Then Shawn came on stage.
"Hey guys." He said the crowd cheered.
I screamed. He looked at me and raised his one eyebrow. I laughed and he laughed too.
"Okay guys, I'll be singing Lego House by Ed Sheeran."
I smiled. I can't remember how many times I had woken up to Shawn humming that.
He looked at me and smiled.
He started.
"I'm out of touch, I'm out of luck, I'll pick you up when you're getting down."
I laughed.
"Thanks guys!!!" He finished.
Everyone cheered and I stood up and clapped. I blinked and tears fell down that I didn't even know were there. He crossed stage and went backstage.
Magcon was then over.
Shawn came over to me.
"Baby, what's wrong?" He said looking at me concerned.
"I'm fine." I said.
"No you were crying!" He said. "What's wrong?" He asked.
"I'm just really happy." I said.
"Me too." He smiled. He engulfed me in a hug.