Chapter 19

-Brooklyn-
"You're an ass." I said through my tears.
He had both of his arms wrapped around my body.
I pulled away and looked at him.
"I missed you." I smiled.
"I missed you too." He laughed.
I heard a cough and I looked over Shawn's shoulder. There was a group of boys.
"Brooke," he said. He turned around and put his arm around my waist. "This is Nash, Carter, Taylor, Jack, Jack, Matt, Aaron, Mahogany, and Cameron who you know." Each boy put there hand up as Shawn said they're names.
"Hey Brooke." Shawn slowly put his hand down and gave me a weak smile.
"Hi." I smiled back.
"Oh my god." Mahogany came up and hugged me. "I'm so glad I'm gonna have a girl friend." All the boys laughed.
"See what I have to deal with?" She whispered.
I laughed.
"Hey I know we just met," Matt said coming up to me. At this point Shawn's arm wasn't around me any more. "But our stupid manager didn't get us a rental car so you think you could drive us to our hotel?"
"Um,..." I paused. "If you want to sit in the trunk."
"Is this an SUV were talking about?" He asked raising his eyebrows.
"Yeah." I laughed.
"Okay!" They all grabbed there luggage.
"Okay now it might be a problem." I sighed as we all stood outside of my car.
I opened my trunk and took the bags one by one and outlined the perimeter of the back of the car.
"Now anyone's bag who I just put in there sit on it." I instructed.
They all piled in.
There were still four people left out of the car. Shawn was one of them.
"Now you three sit back there and Shawn come in the front with me." I said.
I got in the drivers seat and started the car.
"In Brooke's car."
"Vroom vroom." I could hear come from the back.
I smiled.
Everyone began talking.
"Shawn?" I asked.
"Yeah?" He said.
"Where am I going?"
He instructed me the whole way.
Everybody piled out and into the hotel. I laughed as I watched them trip and stumble an finally make it into the building.
"So your house now?" I asked Shawn.
"Yeah." I drove to his house and parked in the driveway.
I helped him with his bags even though he insisted he could carry them all.
I went up and rang the doorbell.
"Shawn!" Aaliyah answered the door and gave him a huge hug. She pulled him inside and he was bombarded with hugs from his family.
"Brooklyn!" Mr. Mendes exclaimed. "So nice to see you!"
"You too Mr. Mendes." I smiled.
Mrs. Mendes went in the kitchen to work on a "feast" for Shawn.
"Brooklyn won't you stay for dinner?" She said.
"Oh no I couldn't intrude." I said. "No please stay and invite your mother too." She said.
"Are you sure we wouldn't want to-"
"Yes I'm sure." She said.
I laughed and let my mom know. She said she would be over in a few hours.
Shawn took me upstairs and shut his door. He spun me around in his arms and kissed me.
"God I missed you so much." He mumbled against my skin.
I smiled.
We sat down on his bed. He told me all about California and how much fun he had with the guys.
"Are you sure I'm not gonna ruin it?" I asked.
"No. I want you there." He assured me.
"Are you sure because I don't want to ruin-" he cut me off by placing his lips on mine.
"I want you there." He said sternly. "Plus if we wanted guy time you could hang out with Mahogany, I showed her pictures on my phone of you and she couldn't stop talking about his excited she was to have a girl coming." He finished.
I laughed.
"There's the smile I wanted to see." He cooed.
He finished telling me about all of the
guys and telling me when his events were.
"I'm so excited." He said.
"Me too." I replied. "I can't wait to see you perform."
He smiled.
"My baby's growing up." I sighed and placed my head on his chest.
He rubbed my back.
"Kids!" Mrs. Mendes yelled. "Time for dinner!" We went downstairs and my mom was already there. I sat next to Shawn and Aaliyah and all of the parents sat across from us.
Shawn rested his hand on my leg. He told his parents all about his trip and where we going next. He assured my mom that he wouldn't let anything happen to me too.
After dinner Shawn went with everyone into the living room while I helped Mrs. Mendes with the dishes.
-Shawn-
Brooke went to help my mom with the dishes while everyone else went into the living room.
"Well I better be going." Ms. Sanders said. She stood up. "Thank you for a wonderful evening."
"Shawn," she added. "May I have a word with you?"
"Yeah of course Ms. Sanders." I stood up and followed her out the front door to her car.
"Listen Shawn," she started. "I know you promised you would take care of Brooklyn but she has gone her life without a father and usually he would do this but unfortunately I have to be both a mother and father." She said. "So listen up and listen carefully," she continued. "If you ever hurt my daughter or let anything bad happen to her I will hunt you down and kick your ass." She said.
"I won't Ms. Sanders," I said. "I swear, I love your daughter I wouldn't let anything happen to her." I assured her.
"Awww you love her?" She softened up.
"Yes Ms. Sanders." I replied.
She hugged me.
"Just don't hurt her." She whispered. "She's been through a lot and she needs someone like you."
"I promise I won't." I whispered back.
She got in her car and drove away.
I walked back into the house.
"Well thank you Mr. and Mrs. Mendes for a wonderful meal but I really should get going." I heard Brooke say.
I ran into the living room.
"No! What? Don't leave!" I said grabbing her waist.
"No you should be with your family." She said gently placing her hand on the side of my face. "I'll see you tomorrow." She pecked my lips and left.
"Awwww." Aaliyah cooed.
"Shut up." I said sitting on the couch.
The rest of the night we watched a movie but I couldn't stop thinking about that amazing girl.