Chapter 22

-Brooklyn-
He walked out. Just like that. My stomach was in bots and my heart yearned for him. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't just chase after him. I could but that's lame. I went downstairs and he was gone. I tried calling him but he didn't answer. I knew I had to do something. I wasn't gonna be able to sleep and I didn't feel like calling Chloe. I needed to figure this out on my own. I did this, I can fix it. As tears streamed down my face I grabbed my keys and went out to my car. I tried to stop the tears but I couldn't. I just drove through my tears. Then I got to Shawn's house. His parents weren't home yet. It didn't look like his car was here. I ran up to his door and pounded on it. Nobody answered. Aaliyah was at a friends house and his parents went out to dinner.
It was down pouring.
"Damn it!" I screamed through my tears. "Where are you?!" I yelled over the rain. I slid down the door and sobbed.
-Shawn-
I needed to get out of there. I loved her and she had said she loved me and yet she didn't even think we were worth fighting for. How could she say that? I couldn't go to anyone from Magcon so I knew exactly where I had to go.
I pulled up to Chloe's house. She must have seen me pull up because she came running out of the house. She hopped in the car because it was raining.
"What are you doing here?" She asked.
"Did you guys make up? Was it romantic?" She continued.
"No." I said.
"Oh." She said. "Asshat." She added.
"Listen let me just explain to you what happened."
I told her the whole story, from Brooke leaving the hotel to me walking out on her. I didn't lie once. Tears had come to my eyes.
"Shawn." She said. "You need to find her."
"Find her?" I asked. "What do you mean? I left her at her house."
"Yeah." She scoffed. "You have met Brooke right?" Then she hopped out of the car and left me there.
I drove to my house. I knew it was a long shot but I really hoped she was there. Sure enough as I pulled up I saw Brooke sitting up against the door.
I ran up to her. She looked up. Her face was stained with tears.
She stood up and practically fell into my arms sobbing.
"I know." I comforted her. "It's okay I'm here." She continued sobbing.
"Let's go inside." I whispered.
She nodded her head and gripped my arm tightly as we walked in. It was almost as if she was drunk.
"Are you okay?" I said concerned.
"My head is pounding." She said. Her grip tightened around my arm as we walked. Then I picked her up and carried her upstairs. I could tell how upset and hurting she was because she didn't complain.
I laid her on my bed.
"Stop." She said sitting up.
"Stop what?" I asked.
"Stop acting like everything's okay when you sure as hell know it's not." She said through her teeth.
"Well what do you want me to say Brooke?"
"I want you to say that I was stupid and dumb and that you're angry." She said.
"But you're not and I'm not."
"But you were." She said. "And you know it." I looked down. "It's okay, Shawn. I was too. And-and-." She stumbled. "Listen I was stupid and dumb and-" she paused. "I shouldn't have said that I didn't want to fight for us or that there wasn't anything left to fight for. Because I know there is. Shawn I love you." She said with tears streaming down her face.
I blinked away my tears. She caressed my face with her fingers.
"Are we good?" She whispered.
"Do you think were good?" I whispered.
"I really want us to be." She whispered back.
"Me too." I said.
Then I couldn't resist it any more. I leaned forward and kissed her. She smirked against my lips.
"So were good?" She asked.
"Really good." I said.
She giggled and leaned in again. She winced.
"What's wrong baby?" I asked.
"My head is pounding." She said. I laid down and wrapped my arm around her. I rubbed the small of her back. She stuffed her face in my shoulder and groaned. Before I knew it she was sleeping.
-The Next Morning-
-Shawn-
I hummed the lyrics to Lego House by Ed Sheeran as Brooke's eyes fluttered open. She smiled weakly. Her face was still stained with tears from last night. She moaned and rolled over so her head was on my chest.
Suddenly she sat up.
"Oh my god."
"What?" I said.
"I missed your performance at Magcon. I missed the whole thing. I just stormed off. Everybody probably thinks I'm an ass." She whimpered.
"No." I said stroking the side of her face. "Nobody thinks that. They all loved you Brooke if anything they think I'm an ass."
She smiled slightly.
"Do you have an event today?" She asked.
"No not today but we can still go over to their hotel if you want."
She nodded her head. She placed her hand over mine that was resting on her cheek and smiled.
After we got up and I got dressed. Then we drove over to her house in her car and she got ready.
Then we drove over to the hotel.
When we walked in I had my arm around her waist.
"Awwww." Mahogany cooed. "You guys made up."
I smiled and so did Brooke. Then all of the boys came up and took her. They practically tackled her. She kept laughing. I was really glad they all liked her.
"Alright, alright." I said. "Don't kill my girlfriend." Just then her head popped out amongst all the boys and I smiled just seeing her. She smiled back.
Then Matt spoke up.
"Hey guys let's do a Q&A video."
Matt set his camera up and we all piled on the bed.
Matt started the video. "Hey guys it Matt and I'm here with-"
"Taylor." Nash said.
"Aaron." Taylor said.
"Woah." Cam said. "I didn't know we were name dropping man."
Brooke laughed. I felt a little jealous but I just pushed it off.
We started over each saying our own names.
Cam gave the first question to Matt. "Would you rather eat a bucket of my poop or my vomit?"
"Vomit." Matt said.
Brooke made a face.
"Brooke," Matt said. "Would you rather lick cheese off the bottom of Shawn's foot or drink sour milk?"
"Sour milk." She responded.
"How rude." I said.
"How rude?" She asked. "Shawn that's gross."
Suddenly I heard a slap and turned around. Matt had gotten smacked across the face.
Brooke busted out laughing as well as everybody else. Matt went up the camera and gently touched his face.
"Ow man what the hell is that?"
"It's hotel shampoo." Nash said, laughing. Suddenly I heard another smack and Brooke scream.
-Brooklyn-
Suddenly I heard a smack and felt a stinging on my cheek. I screamed at the sudden impact. Everybody started laughing and I laughed too.
"Are you okay?" Shawn asked.
"Yeah. I'm fine." I said.
He still looked worried.
"I swear." I said.
All if us ran around the room as people got smacked. Shawn was in the bathroom with some of the guys when Nash came up to me.
"Here." He said with a bottle of hotel shampoo. "I dare you to get Shawn."
"That would be mean." I said.
"Come on." He said.
"Fine." He put some shampoo in my hand and walked up to Shawn. I smacked the side of his face hard enough so you could hear it but not hard enough to really hurt him.
"Oh I'm sorry are you okay?" I asked.
He laughed.
"Alright seriously." Aaron said. "Let's stop now. Truce?"
"Truce." Nash said and then smacked him across the face.
"What the hell man? What happened to our truce?" He yelled. "You're getting it all over my camera!"
Carter came back into the room.
"No we'll stop now. That was security."
"Jeez." I said. We all went in the bathroom one at a time to clean the shampoo off of our faces. While we waited Shawn and I laid on the hotel bed.
"Hey Brooke." Nash said.
"Yeah?"
"I was wondering if I could maybe have Chloe's number."
"Sure." I said. I pulled out my phone and gave him the number.
"Just know." I said. "If you ever hurt her in anyway I will hunt you down and kick your ass."
He laughed.
"I'm serious." I said.
He looked at Shawn and Shawn nodded his head.
"Okay....." He said and walked away.
I laughed.
"So,...." Shawn said. I turned around to face him.
"Yeah?" I asked.
"Do you want to go out tonight?" He asked.
"Out where?"
"That's for me to know and you to find out." He smiled.
I smiled back and pecked his lips.
"Sounds great." I said.
-Chloe-
I went up to my room and laid down on my bed. I checked my phone. I had a few text messages. One from Brooke, one from Shawn and one from someone I didn't know.
Unknown: Hey.
Me: Who is this?
Unknown: Nash
Me: Really?
Unknown: Yeah.
Me: What's up?
Nash: Nothing much just hanging out here with the guys. Can I ask you something?
Me: Sure. What is it?
Nash: I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go out with me sometime.
Me: Like a date?
Nash: Only if you want it to be.
Me: Yeah I would like that.
Nash: Okay. Great. So it's a date?
Me: Yeah it's a date.
Nash: Friday @ 7?
Me: I would love that.
Nash: Okay!
I immediately called Brooke.
"Brooke?! Guess what?!"
"What?!" She said mimicking me.
"Seriously!" I exclaimed. "Nash just asked me out!"
"Oh Chlo I'm so happy for you!" She exclaimed.
I laughed.
"When?" She asked.
"Friday at 7. You think you can come over and help me? You can sleepover on Thursday."
"Yeah of course." She said.
"Great thanks!" I said. "Talk to you later! Bye!"
"Bye!" She said and then hung up.
-Brooklyn-
"Who was that?" Nash asked.
"I think you know who it was." I said winking at him.
He smiled and leaned back on his bed.
I looked at Shawn and smiled. He smiled back.
"Are you ready to go?" He asked.
"Yeah." I said.
We got off the bed and he grabbed my hand.
"I'm gonna take Brooke out maybe I'll come back later." They all mumbled something.
I laughed.
"Come on." Shawn said pulling me out the door.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
"Guess you'll have to wait and see."
"Or not." I said jumping on his back.
He grabbed my thighs to hold me up. I smiled and kissed his cheek.
"Come on tell me." I said.
"No." He said.
We reached the elevator and he went to push the button.
"No wait!" I said. He froze.
I stuck my foot out and touched the button.
He laughed.
"Now will you tell me?" I asked.
"No."
"Come on please." I said.
The elevator doors opened.
There were people in there.
As Shawn walked in with me on his back they looked at us funny. I put my head in the crook of his neck to keep from laughing. I could feel him smiling and then quickly trying to stop which only made me laugh more. After what seemed like forever the elevator reached the lobby and Shawn got out of there as fast as he could.
"Shawn." I said. "You can put me down now."
"I'm good." He said.
I smiled.
"Okay,.... Just let me know. Okay?"
"Okay." He said.
"Shawn you passed the car."
"I know."
"Where are we going?" I whined.
"You'll see soon enough."
And I did. Right around the corner from the hotel was a mini golf course.
I gasped and smiled.
"Awww Shawn." I said.
He smiled. He let go of my legs and I jumped down. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.
"Ready?" He asked.
"Yeah." I said.
We went over to the stand and got our clubs and balls. I got a pink one and he got a blue one.
"So I'm just gonna say before we start that I suck." I said.
He smiled but pecked me on the lips.
"I highly doubt that." He whispered.
I smiled. "Oh you wait and see." I whispered back.
I got 3 hole in ones throughout the 18 hole game. Every time I would get a whole in one I would scream and throw my hands up in the air. Then Shawn would come and kiss me.
After we were done he took me out to get ice cream.
He got chocolate in a cone and I got a twist.
He wouldn't let me pay.
After we got our ice cream we walked back to the hotel. We finished our ice creams before we got there.
"This was nice." I said. "I really missed this, us." I finished.
"Me too." He said.
We stopped as we reached the lobby to the hotel. I put my fingers gently on the side of his face and kissed him. He kissed me back and put his hands on my waist.
"Are you coming up?" He asked.
"Yeah." I sighed. "Might as well."
He smiled and we went up to the room. I held my ear up to the door.
"It's awfully quiet in there." I said.
"Yeah it is." Shawn said. "You want to mess with them?"
"Yeah." I smiled.
He knocked really hard on the door and then picked me up and ran.
I stuffed my face in his neck to keep from laughing.
We turned the corner and we could hear Matt.
"Hello?"
Nothing.
"Damn kids." He groaned. Shawn ran down and did it again. I laughed.
"Hey whoevers doing that I'll kick your ass if you do it again."
"Can I do it?" I whispered to Shawn.
"Go ahead baby." He whispered back.
I ran down to the door and knocked really hard.
Then I ran back down to Shawn.
Unfortunately it wasn't fast enough.
"Hey whoevers-" Matt stopped. "Brooke!" He ran after me and I turned down a hallway. Only it wasn't the hallway Shawn was down. I could hear Matt gaining on me as I ran. I ran for my life and then I saw an open door around the corner. As I ran around the corner I ran into someone causing me to fall down.
"Oh my god I'm so sorry." A male voice stumbled. I hit my head on the wall but I wasn't one to complain.
"It's okay." I said. "I'm fine."
I grabbed the wall to try and stand up.
"Here let me help you." He said holding his hand out.
"Thank you." I said grabbing it. I stumbled as I stood up. He grabbed my waist to steady me. My vision was a little blurry and I felt really dizzy.
"Brooke?" It was Matt.
"Matt." I said. I turned around and stumbled into his arms and then I blacked out.