This Little Life

A/N: hm this one might hit you in the feels

In a bad way.

Enjoy!

D/J : dream job

- Third Person's POV -

It has been three years since you and Nico have been married. Of course, the celebration was wonderful and festive, the guests consisted of all your friends from camp and family you made along the way.

You and Nico lived in a small, one-bedroom apartment. It wasn't grand at all and had many things still leaking and creaking in the night. But personally, you couldn't be happier.

It was hard for Nico to get a job, especially as a demigod with not much education. He refused to ask Hades for any help and wanted desperately to stand on his own two feet.

You were also still trying to pursue your dreams of being D/J, but money was still tight.

Yet every day, you couldn't ask for more when you welcomed Nico with open arms after a busy day. The two of you would eat a simple dinner, laughing if the recipe goes wrong and having a sweet cuddle session every night.

But inside, Nico was hurting and stressing terribly. You found him being all down and quiet for the past few weeks. Finally, you decided to ask him about it one night when the two of you were cuddling.

"Hey... Nico?" You looked up at your dear husband from under his embrace.

Nico yawned softly before burying his nose into your hair, "Hm? What is it, love?"

You gently stroked Nico's hair before proceeding, "You've been looking very stressed lately, is there something wrong?"

Nico froze, looking away as his face fell. Your heart suddenly stopped - What could it be?

"It's nothing." Nico muttered, "Don't worry about it."

You decided to stay silent for the time being. But every day, Nico would come home later and later each night. One day, he even came home at the crack of dawn around 5 am in the morning.

Nico often fell sick, yet still somehow managed to force himself to go to work. You were starting to get really worried about him. Was he alright? What was he up to? Is there anything happening at work?

Your questions were all answered the day Nico came down with a bad fever. The two of you stayed home as you tried to nurse Nico back to health.

You sighed and tucked him in bed, "Nico, seriously, I'm getting really worried. Is there anything you want to tell me?"

At that, Nico burst into tears. He hugged a pillow to his chest and buried his face in it: a weak effort to hide his sobs. Perhaps it was the continuous pressure he had carried that led to this one meltdown.

Nico slowly looked up from the pillow, his hand reaching out to hold yours, "I'm so, so sorry, my love..."

You leaned over to kiss him on the forehead as you held him close, "Nico? What's wrong? Why are you sorry?"

Your husband hugged you tight as he wrapped his arms around your waist. "The money... this whole life we have. This isn't what I promise to give you... this isn't the life I wanted you to have..."

Your husband fell sick because he was working past hours to get that extra cash to support the both of you. Nico overworked himself to give you the dream life he promised.

You were silent as you didn't know what to say. You wanted to tell Nico everything that you felt about all this. How much you were happy with the way things are, how happy you are with just the two of you against the world. You wanted to tell him, tell Nico how much you enjoy life right now.

But you knew it wasn't the time. How could you say that as if you are invalidating everything Nico is doing for you?

Instead, you cuddled with him in bed. Just like how the two of you would usually do every night. You buried yourself in his arms as you whispered.

"I love you."

A/N - um... hope you like it?

Also please put some one shot ideas in the comments, I'm running out of ideas. TT

Anyways, thanks for reading. Love you all <33

- FantasyDemiWitch