Wait Up

Godly Parent: anyone except Poseidon (it's for the plot)

-Nico's POV-

We were in a battle, surrounded by 3 empousai, 2 minotaurs, and a drakon stomping on everything.

Great.

The Seven, Y/N and I were just hanging out. You know, like normal teens going out for McDonalds.

But of course, this many demigods would attract monsters.

Especially when we smell like McDonalds.

And so, this is why I'm currently dangling upside down from a tree and trying not to get myself killed.

"Nico!!" I heard my girlfriend yell, "Nico, WHERE ARE YOU?!?"

I spotted Y/N and locked eyes with her, I put a finger to my lips, indicating that she should be quiet.

She understood the assignment and ducked under some bushes.

The minotaur walked by, his foot was so close to the trap I had set up.

When it stepped right into the spot where I planned my ambush, a bunch of skeletal soldiers rose from the ground and chopped up the beast- turning it into monster dust.

"AHA!" I cheered, "Take that for hurting my girlfriend you bulky cow!"

Y/N laughed and gave me a fist bump, "That's one smart trap, Di Angelo."

"Uh, duh," I grinned, making Y/N roll her eyes- though I could tell that she was impressed.

Then we heard screaming.

The drakon had come to join the fight.

We ran towards the sound and saw chaos.

Percy had a nosebleed.

Frank had an arrow stuck to his arm.

And Jason got knocked out, with a brick beside him.

Seriously? I thought.

But Leo was doing just fine, even though his hair was a living campfire.

"THE BAY!" Y/N screamed, "The drakon is going to the bay! I'm going to go and-"

"No. You're not." I said, turning her around, "Or else I'm going with you."

Y/N scoffed, "Don't you trust me?"

"I- well..."

Y/N crashed her lips against mine.

It wasn't a very long kiss, but it felt like time had slowed down.

When we broke apart, Y/N looked at me in the eyes, "No matter what happens, know that you're one of the best things that ever happened in my life and I love you, so so much."

"I love you too," I said, "I really, wait- Y/N! Wait up!"

She was already running to the bay, sword at the ready.

I was about to catch up with her when another minotaur blocked my path.

I had no choice but to fight.

After killing the monster, I saw Percy slaying the last empousai as I heard a mighty roar.

I watched as the drakon drowned in the far end of the bay, trashing around with enough strength to crush cars into tin cans.

"WAY TO GO, Y/N!!" I whooped.

The others cheered ad Piper held Jason up. I watched the waters eagerly, waiting for Y/N to come up.

Only, she didn't.

"Y/N?" I called, "Ti Amore, you can come back now..."

Nobody answered.

"Y/N?!" I shouted louder, hope was slowly draining out of me, "WHERE ARE YOU?!"

Annabeth looked out at the bay, trying to understand what just happened.

When she did, tears started to well up in her eyes, "Nico... I think, I think she's gone."

"No..." I said, "NO! YOU'RE LYING! SHE'S ALIVE- I CAN FEEL HER! I-"

I felt a part of me slip away, and that's how I knew she was gone.

I fell on my knees, "No... Y/N..."

I looked out onto the bay.

This couldn't be happening.

"Wait up, Y/N, please... I... I wasn't ready yet."

I buried my face in my arms as the stars started twinkling as night fades in.

"I... I love you too, Y/N. Wait for me, okay? I'll see you in Elysium."

And with that, I completely lost it.

*Life Update*

Welp, I just got my report card today.

It was pretty good :D

Anyway, hoped you liked the story!

-FantasyDemiWitch