Happier

M/P = Mortal parent

I just got inspired by that song. Don't read this if you haven't been recovered from the last one.

....you're going to read it, huh?

Also, I'm the type of person who don't really like oneshots with 50% song lyrics in them. So I will use some parts of the song, but most of them will be the actual story.

Uh... your welcome?

-Nico's POV-

"Walking down 29th and park," I sang, "I saw you in another's arms."

I looked at Y/N and Oliver Biggerstaff, son of Apollo. They were talking and laughing with each other, huge smiled on their faces.

"Only a month we've been apart, you look happier."

No, Y/N and I never dated. But ever since she got a boyfriend, Y/N never spends time with me anymore. She already has someone else.

"Saw you walk inside a bar

He said somethin' to make you laugh

I saw that both your smiled were twice as wide as ours

Yeah, you look happier, you do."

I remembered the times we had, it was a Sunday night. We played so much games in the Hades cabin... pillow fights, watching movies, playing truth or dare...

When I heard that she already has a boyfriend, I was crushed. But still smiled and congratulated her, but I couldn't continue all the fun.

"Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you

But ain't nobody like I do

Promise that I will not take it personal, baby

If you're movin' on with someone new"

After that little hangout, I hid under my sheets and started sobbing.

I know it may be a bit dramatic, but I had a crush on Y/N for years, and the fact that we've been through so much together... it kills me to see her with someone else.

I actually had hopes for us, that day when she kissed me on the cheek when we won a match of badminton against Percy and Annabeth.

But I guess I was wrong.

"Oh, ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you

But ain't nobody need you liked I do

I know that there's other's that deserve you

But my darlin', I am still in love with you."

Out of all the times where I could confess my love for her, I never did. Why? Because I was a stupid, selfish coward.

I was the one who held her hand when she got stabbed by the minotaur that we had to fight. I was the one who stayed up all night in the infirmary, wondering if she was alright.

Not Oliver. Me.

But I was too late... if only I had asked her out first.

I was the one who carried her to camp the second she was hurt. She was the one who helped me up every time I passed out from shadow traveling.

I was the one who hugged her when she cried. She was the one who comforted me when I remembered the time when Bianca died.

I held her close to my chest that day she lost her M/P on her birthday. She got the news around in the evening, and I was the one she came running to, not that I mind.

So that night, all night, I held her close to me, whispering comforting words, "I'm here with you, don't worry. You're safe now, you know? You're loved and you're safe."

Did she see me as merely a best friend? Nothing more? Nothing less?

"'Cause baby, you look happier, you do

I knew one day you'd fall for someone new

But if he breaks your heart like lovers do

Just know that I'll be waitin' here for you."

I looked at Y/N from my cabin. She smiled and waved at me cheerfully, hand-in-hand with Oliver.

I smiled and waved back. As soon as she looked away, a tear slide across my cheek.

I didn't even bother to wipe it, "I'll be here for you, Y/N. And I'll always love you, no matter what."

Is it just me or this is giving me Snily (Snape and Lily's ship name) vibes?

Just a note- I don't ship it, but still.

Anyway, I'm so sorry, Neeks!

A better, happier (no, the actual happy kind, not the song) oneshot will be coming up soon. (but I don't promise... hey! Put that knife away!)

Ok bye...

-FantasyHunter