Smells Like Home

A/N - I'm writing from my phone so this might seem kinda messy.

Anyways, thanks for 6k reads! Love you guyss <3

- Third Person's POV -

Y/N and her husband, Nico, just had an argument. It was a stupid thing to fight about but it really went out of hand.

"Okay, okay!" Nico raised both of his hands, looking at you with tired, sad eyes, "Why don't I just pick up dinner, then we can get back to this when I get home. Okay, darling?"

Y/N sniffed and nodded slowly, "Alright... can we get McDonalds?"

Nico let out a raspy sigh as he leaned forward to kiss your forehead, turning away to walk out the door, "Of course..."

Once Nico had walked out, you went to take a shower. Your heart broke as the words of the argument rang in your head over and over again.

After spending a while sobbing in the shower, you got out and went to lay down on the bed.

Looking at the other side of the bed on a little nightstand, sat a plushie that Nico had bought for you on your anniversary.

You slowly reached out to get it, cuddling with it and sniffing the warm fluffiness.

"It smells like him... like home...", you thought to yourself.

A while later, Nico came back with dinner as he called out, "I'm home..."

When he realized that you weren't in the living room where he left you, Nico slowly tip-toed up the stairs and peeked into the bedroom.

When he noticed you sleeping with the plushie he got for you, his heart broke.

Nico knelt beside the bed, kissing your cheek as he removed the doll and replaced it with himself. He took his place as your new cuddle partner, wrapping you up in the blanket as he held you tight.

Sniffing and crying softly, Nico leaned forward to cup your face and caress your cheeks with his thumbs.

"I'm so sorry, amore mio..." Nico whispered as he realized how much his words had hurt you.

"I'm home..."

A/N - In this one-shot, Nico has avoidant-attachment syndrome. While he genuinely cares about his loved ones, Nico still struggles to show affection.

Requests are open!! From now on please feel free to comment down your ideas for a one-shot. Thank you ❤️

-FantasyDemiwitch