Music

!!HEADCANNON!!

I have a headcannon that Nico actually has a REALLY good singing voice, but doesn't show it often. But when he does it actually sounds absolutely amazing and beautiful.

So, without any further ado...

Godly Parent: Apollo

-Third Person's POV-

Y/N was sitting at her favorite tree in all of Camp Half-Blood.

Aka Pinecone Face's old pine tree.

Whenever she wanted to be alone, Y/N would lean against the trunk as she played her violin.

Most Apollo kids play the guitar, which is a very beautiful instrument, but you were particularly interest in the violin.

You would play your soft music into the night, occasionally attracting creatures, like barn owls and squirrels.

And a very shy Nico.

You were playing your violin to the song, "The Nights" when Nico came walking.

He stared at you for a while from the bottom of the hill as the sun glowed behind you, casting a silhouette. 

Nico eventually gathered up his courage to talk to you, and climbed up.

"Hey," Nico smiled, "Nice music."

"Um, thanks Nico," you said awkwardly.

Nico looked surprise, "You know who I am?"

"Well, it's sort of hard to miss the Ghost King, one of the best heroes in camp," you said admirably, looking up at him.

Nico blushed, staring at you in admiration, "Well, um, w-what's your name?"

"Y/N. Y/N L/N."

Nico sat beside you, "That's a pretty name," he said, "Goes with your pretty music."

You laughed softly, "So... you've been listening."

"Every evening, actually."

And so he continued to do so.

Every evening, Nico and you would meet up at Thalia's tree to spend time together.

Nico would lean onto the trunk with you, watching as you played the violin.

Sometimes you sang while playing, sometimes you didn't. Nico loved it either way.

And on some days, the two of you just talked. You learn so much about his past, and he learned much about yours.

Sometimes crying, sometimes laughing together, the two of you provided a wonderful kind of comfort to each other, without even realizing it.

After quite some time of your friendship, Nico decided to show you something.

He trudged up the hill, holding something in his hands.

As usual, he sat down beside you.

"What's that?" you asked, looking down onto what he was holding.

It was a piece of paper. And, as you looked at it, you saw what was written on it was a kind of sheet music.

"A song," Nico explained, "A song that Bianca wrote for me when I was a kid. She gave me the paper when she left, so that it would be something that I could remember her by."

Nico handed you the sheet, "I thought, maybe, since I only listened to the singing part, it would go really well with you playing the violin."

You looked at the piece of paper in your hands. 

It was old and ugly, burned in some places. It was crumpled and the paper had turned yellow over the years.

But, personally, you thought that it was a rather priceless treasure.

"Okay," you said, "But only if you do it with me."

And so he did. 

You started playing the beginning, when it flowed to the part where Nico sang.

You were mesmerized. You had never heard Nico sing before, and you instantly fell in love with his voice.

It brought a sense of warmth and comfort, like the autumn breeze and cozy blankets, telling you that everything is going to be okay.

You ended the song as Nico stopped singing, bringing a peaceful silence into the air.

"That... that was beautiful," you said breathlessly, looking at Nico.

"Of course it was," Nico said, looking slightly confused, "Apollo kids are gifted with music."

"No, I meant your singing, " you said, "It was beautiful. No other word for it- beautiful."

Nico blushed deeply, "Well, I- um... thank you."

He looked onto the beautiful view from the top of hill, "Nobody ever said that about me, or anything good about me... Actually, nobody ever stays with me for this long. Or put up with me. I think... I think it's mainly because I'm the son of Hades."

"Why would you think that?" you knitted your eyebrows in concern.

"I don't know... I guess it's the fact that I radiated death and graveyards," he laughed softly.

"I like you," you said, "It's not fair. You deserve so many things, Nico. You deserve friendship, you deserve attention, you deserve love."

Your eyes widened at the last word, realizing what you said and quickly looked away. Though you didn't notice Nico staring at you with hearts in his eyes.

"You think so?" Nico asked gently, "Even if I am... uh, an emo kid?"

You chuckled, "Well, yea. Why not?"

"But I look like a zombie."

You let out a 'tuh' sound, "No. No you don't. When would you ever see yourself the way I see-"

But you were cut off, for Nico had cupped one hand to your cheek gently, turning you around to face him, and softly pressed his lips against yours.

Though surprised at first, you quickly returned the kiss.

When you broke apart, Nico looked at you nervously.

You chuckled, "I love you too, Ghost King."

Nico's face lit up with hope and delight as he hugged and held you closer to him, smiling softly.

"Love you, Ghost Queen. Y/N... will you be my girlfriend?"

"Obviously, yea," you smiled, burying yourself in his embrace happily.

Although, you could've sworn on the River Styx that the sun had your father's face plastered on it, winking at you cheekily.

💀🖤💀🖤💀

I was in a sort of poetic mood when I wrote this :p

Anyway, peace out ✌

(890 words)

-FantasyDemiWitch-