47

"Appa!~" a small voice called out as their small hands shook the body of their parent. "Appa, wake up." They called out again, shaking the body more violently as the adult woke up alert. "Are you okay? Did you get hurt? Where's your dad?" The male asked as he grabbed the little girl's cheeks and checked her face for any scars and or scratches.

"I'm okay Appa, daddy's making breakfast for us. He just wanted me to wake you up." Micha said as she gave Samuel a smile. Samuel sighed with relief as he let go of his daughter's face and ruffled her hair with a chuckle. "Don't scare me like that." He said as he stretched his arms and back before throwing the blankets off his legs and headed downstairs with Micha.

"Good morning boys." Samuel greeted Chan and Minshin who were in the kitchen preparing today's morning meal. "Good morning Appa." Minshin greeted as he went and gave Samuel a hug, "Good morning honey. How did you sleep?" Chan asked as he leaned his cheek closer to Samuel who placed a kiss on it.

"I slept okay. What are you making?" Samuel asked as he watched Chan cooked the food. "Pancakes, bacon, and egg. I was thinking waffles, but Micha wanted pancakes." Chan answered as he flipped the pancake over and patted it with the spatula he was using.

"That's fine, looks delicious anyways." Samuel answered as he placed another kiss on Chan's cheek before walking over to the dining table. "Minshin would you help set the table?" Samuel asked as he placed a hand on his son's back.

Minshin nodded as he got up and went over to get four plates out. Micha went to go get the cups ready as Samuel set the silverware out on the table. "Food's done." Chan announced as he brought the plate of pancakes over, Samuel brought the other dishes over and set it on the table.

"Here's the apple juice and the orange juice." Micha said as she placed both jugs on the table. "And your coffee love." Chan said as he placed Samuel's coffee in front of him. The family began to eat up as they had a small conversation about everything that's going on in their lives.

"Oh shoot! I'm late." Chan exclaimed as he looked at his watch and quickly stood up to put his dishes away. Samuel watched his husband with confusion as he rushed around. "Late for what Chan?" He asked the older who placed a quick kiss on his lips.

"My boss wanted me to come in today." Chan answered as he packed his bag. "On your day off?" Samuel asked, confused. Chan just shrugged and said bye to everyone before leaving the house. Samuel looked back towards his kids who just shrugged before cleaning up and going off to do their own thing.

Samuel sighed as he cleaned up the kitchen from today's breakfast mess. As he was cleaning the counter, he noticed a sticky note on one of the candles. He tilted his head as he picked it up and read it.

'I like it when you smile. But I love it when I'm the reason'

Samuel smiled as he read the note, knowing that it was from Chan just because of the handwriting. He folded it up and continued to clean up the kitchen.

✤✤✤

"Hey Appa, what are you doing?" Micha asked as she watched Samuel walk down the hallway. "Laundry. What do you need?" Samuel answered, gesturing to the basket that was in his arms before looking towards his daughter.

"I was going to ask if you could help me with homework." Micha stated as she started playing with her shirt. "I can help you after I put these clothes in the washer." Samuel said as Micha nodded and Samuel walked off.

As Samuel was putting clothes in the washer, he noticed another sticky note with Chan's hand writing sticking to the laundry detergent. He smiled as he picked it up and read it.

'It's you. In a thousand of lifetimes, in a hundred of ways, it's you. It'll always be you.'

"What is up with him?" Samuel asked with the shake of his head as he finished putting the laundry in and started it. He headed up stairs and knocked on Micha's door, ready to help his daughter with her homework.