CHAPTER 46

Sloth

-

-

The streets of Arunistan were a chilly, bleak sight to behold. The country seemed to be stuck in the past, with most of its infrastructure still being old and outdated, seemingly hailing from the time of the former Soviet Union.

The people who walked its streets were dressed for the weather in bulky jackets, hoodies, and pants that were thick, almost as if they were trying to protect themselves from the frigid winds.

The country had a gloomy atmosphere, with its lack of modern infrastructure and its dated Russian-like vibe.

The skies here were constantly covered in a thick haze of smoke and fog, as factories pumped out large quantities of pollutants into the air.

The people who lived here were used to the foul smell of coal and the sight of crumbling buildings, as these things were commonplace here.

The buildings had lost their charm and their luster, damaged from years of constant fighting and a lack of maintenance.

The atmosphere was bleak with a tinge of depression, as the country was still recovering from the ravages of war

A man with slicked-back gray hair strolled the cold streets of Arunistan, seemingly unaffected by the chilly weather.

He was well-dressed despite the weather, wearing a white suit and a red blazer under it, creating a classic and immaculate look.

He took a shortcut through a sketchy alleyway, which led him into a darkened tunnel. The lights flickered and buzzed faintly, creating an eerie atmosphere.

As he walked deeper inside, he heard a sudden voice behind him, catching him off guard

"Sin of Sloth, you've put quite the performance here, blending in with the humans. It seems your life has been spared despite your master's absence. Tell me, how did you manage to keep yourself alive without the guidance of your boss?"

The man stopped walking and turned to see the three figures emerging from the shadows. He observed them carefully, his expression remaining stoic despite the surprise of seeing them.

He responded to the strange encounter by yawning, as if the situation was of little importance to him.

"I'm simply trying to get home to see my wife and child. I am not aware of what you're referring to. If you'll excuse me, I must continue on my walk."

The man's expression remained firm, his composure unbroken despite the bizarre encounter.

He watched as Lucas signaled Error and Toz to ready their weapons, the three seemingly plotting something.

"Goodbye then, it was nice meeting you. I hope you have a pleasant night."

"Luc-"

A sudden burst of red energy zoomed through the tunnel in an instant, passing through Lucas's cheeks and piercing through Toz, causing her guts to erupt in gore and splatter against the tunnels, staining the walls.