Chapter 33 - JP ARC

"Subaru... No..."

Izumi navigated the busy streets, trying to navigate to Subaru's location. As he walked, he couldn't help but feel a sense of unease in the pit of his stomach. After a few turns, he found himself in a narrow alleyway, lined with doors on either side. As he stepped further into the alley, his senses heightened, as if he was being watched.

"Come through one of many doors, Izumi."

A strange voice whispered in his mind, causing Izumi to panic and wonder if he had forgotten to take his medication. But as he listened closer, he realized it was something entirely different.

"Danger comes ahead, come through, I'll grant you protection and power."

Izumi's heart raced as he heard the mysterious voice in his head. He looked around, trying to find the source of the voice, but there was no one around

"Danger? What do you mean?" Izumi asked, feeling a mixture of fear and curiosity.

"Come through the door, and all will be revealed. I promise you protection and power," the voice said again.

Izumi, thoughted and became greedy, he wanted power so he opened one of the doors and walked into an abyss of darkness.

As Izumi stepped into the darkness, a sense of foreboding washed over him. But before he could turn back, a pair of glowing eyes appeared in front of him, followed by the shape of a massive creature.

The creature was unlike anything Izumi had ever seen before. It was a combination of various animals - the body of a lion, the wings of an eagle, the tail of a serpent, and the horns of a bull. Its fur was black as midnight, and its eyes glowed a piercing red.

"Greetings, young one," the creature spoke, its voice deep and rumbling. "I am known as the Chimera, a spiritual beast that exists beyond the physical realm. You seek power and protection, and I can grant you both. But know that my gifts come with a price."

Izumi gulped, unsure of what to say. He could feel the power emanating from the creature, and he couldn't resist the temptation.

"What do you want from me?" Izumi asked, his voice trembling

.

"I want your loyalty," the Chimera replied. "I want you to serve me, to do my bidding, and to never betray me. In return, I will give you strength and protect you from any harm that may come your way."

The Chimera frowned, "I was abandoned at the gates of heaven by the gods that owned me. I dislike evil."

Izumi hesitated for a moment, but the lure of power was too great. "I accept your offer,"

The Chimera let out a low growl, and with a flick of its tail, a surge of power flowed into Izumi's body. He could feel his muscles bulging, his senses sharpening, and his mind-expanding.

"Know that if you use your powers for evil, I will take your left eye as punishment," the spiritual beast warned Izumi.

As Izumi stood in the darkness, the spiritual beast projected a vivid image in his mind. He saw Subaru's home, and a sense of foreboding filled his heart. The beast warned him of the danger that lay ahead, urging him to hurry to Subaru's home and protect him from harm.