Chapter 32

The Wrath is Present 

.

A week had passed since the confrontation with Envy and the heroes were in a state of uneasy peace. No new crimes or missions had been assigned to them by the agency. Ryo and Yuri were on leave to recover from their injuries sustained during the fight.

Dash, couldn't shake the feeling that something was off. He suspected that there might be an upcoming threat. He decided to investigate on his own.

Dash gathered the rest of the heroes and told them not to leave the estate or go out alone. He informed them that he was going to walk around the city to see if he could find anything suspicious.

"I have a bad feeling about this," Dash said, looking around at his fellow heroes. "No information from the agency with new missions and no movement or knowledge from Anslem and his people. I'll be going out to see whatever is going on."

"Be careful out there, Dash," Floyd said, concern etched on his face.

Dash nodded and left the estate, his senses on high alert as he walked through the city streets. He kept his eyes and ears open for any signs of trouble, but everything seemed quiet and peaceful.

As he passed a dark alley, he heard a faint whisper that caught his attention. He paused and listened carefully, trying to determine where the sound was coming from.

After a moment, he heard it again. It was a woman's voice, soft and desperate. Dash felt a surge of adrenaline as he cautiously made his way toward the sound.

He saw a woman that looked very familiar to him and it was Keira, Izumi's real Mother. She looked roughed and fatigued. Not knowing that she was captured and killed a week earlier.

(confused Readers that are confused about why Keira is alive, you'll learn soon)

Dash's eyes widened in disbelief as he saw Keira inside the dark ally. He couldn't believe his eyes...

15 years ago, she disappeared after giving birth to Izumi

Dash cautiously approached Keira, unsure if what he was seeing was real or a trick of his mind. As he got closer, he could see the bruises and cuts on her face and the exhaustion in her eyes.

"Keira, is that you?" Dash asked, his voice filled with disbelief.

Keira's eyes widened in surprise as she looked up at Dash. "Do I...do I know you?" she asked, her voice trembling.

Dash felt a pang of sadness in his chest as he realized that Keira had no memory of him. "I'm Dash, Tony's brother, his partner... We all used to go to school together."

Keira looked at Dash and remembered...

"Dash, dear lord I remember... Izumi, where is he? I have to warn him about Anselm... Please tell me you have been watching him after my disappearance...

Dash gazed at Keira, his heart heavy with the weight of the past. Seeing her after so many years was overwhelming, especially given the circumstances. He knew he had to tread carefully."I'm sorry, Keira," Dash said softly. "Izumi has had a difficult life. But I recently found him, and I realized he's your son and Tony's. I should take you to him. You can blame me for everything."