Chapter 17

I don't know when Shi Zhenyu came quietly behind Song Nianning, holding a 40-centimeter long stick above his head.

The moonlight shines through the window, and the shadow of the moon casts a longing, and he looks as ferocious as an evil ghost.

Shi Sheng opened his eyes in a daze and happened to see this scene. His mind went blank in horror and he lost his language for a moment.

Shen Yuchuan caught the scene of Shi Zhenyu holding a wooden stick and hitting Song Nianning from her clear black and white pupils.

His pupils shrank, and he stretched out his arms to block the heavy blow without thinking.

Severe pain came from his elbow, but Shen Yuchuan didn't even frown and swept Shi Zhenyu out with his long legs like a stick.

Shi Zhenyu was swept out like a dead dog.

The sound of heavy objects falling to the ground was accompanied by a shrill howl, and Song Nianning finally reacted.

She turned pale with fright.

Xia Chunmei was lying not far away from Song Nianning like an animal, her eyes falling on her round belly, her scarlet eyes filled with hatred.

He picked up a stone from the woodshed and was about to throw it at her stomach.

Shen Yuchuan kicked her out and smashed her into the pyre.

Then he fell to the ground like a rag, several mouthfuls of blood gushed out, and he fainted.

Warm blood splashed on Song Nianning's face. Her eyes widened in fear and her face turned pale.

Shen Yuchuan's face changed slightly, he squatted down suddenly, hugged her gently in his arms, and said hoarsely: "Are you scared?" The hoarse

voice contained a hint of trembling that even he himself was not aware of.

Song Nianning buried her little face in his broad chest, and a familiar voice fell from above her head, and she felt an inexplicable sense of security in her heart.

The blood on her face warmed up a little, and she shook her head gently in his arms: "I'm fine."

Her eyes fell eagerly on the dying child, and she said urgently: "It's important to send the child to the hospital."

Shen Yuchuan Just as he was about to get up, Nan Shiyao rushed in with the police.

He immediately saw Shi Sheng lying on the ground, with purple lips and weak breathing.

The biting wind and snow blew in from the air leakage in the woodshed, freezing her to the bone and shivering as she shrank.

Without Shen Yuchuan's orders, Nan Shiyao quickly stepped forward and picked her up.

After hugging her, I realized that the girl was frighteningly thin. Except for the coat she was wearing, her other clothes were all in tatters.

His face and hair were covered with dirt, and he looked no different than a beggar.

Nan Shiyao couldn't help but feel a touch of distress in his heart.

No matter how high-quality he was, he couldn't help spitting at Shi Zhenyu and adding the quintessence of the Chinese nation.

Then he rushed out with the person in his arms.

Shen Yuchuan and Song Nianning followed closely behind.

...

At the entrance of the emergency room of the county hospital.

Song Nianning and Shen Yuchuan waited for more than an hour before the emergency room door opened.

Shen Yuchuan hurriedly greeted the attending doctor, "Doctor, how is my niece's condition?" The

doctor frowned and said, "This child's condition is very bad. Long-term hunger and labor have led to malnutrition and poor physical fitness. She also has... There are signs of being beaten, and it needs to be nursed back to health slowly."

Shen Yuchuan took the order from the doctor, and Song Nianning also came over to take a look.

The list is not big, but it is filled with dense words. There are more than a dozen injuries just for examination, which is frightening to see.

These injuries are all new injuries that have not healed yet, and old injuries are added to the wound, layer by layer, which is shocking.

Song Nianning felt uncomfortable watching, and couldn't imagine what this child had gone through.

Shen Yuchuan looked at the injury report, his eyes were scarlet and his eyes were about to burst.

Song Nianning held his slightly trembling hand and said softly: "Let's go to the ward to have a look."

Shen Yuchuan glanced at her and hummed in a hoarse voice.

The two of them followed the nurse to the ward.

Opening the door, a twelve or thirteen-year-old girl was lying quietly on the bed, her eyes closed and an IV drip on her hand.

When Song Nianning came closer, she saw that the girl was very thin and had several wounds on her head. The doctor cut her hair while treating her.

It looked messy, as if it had been gnawed by a dog, with bruises all over his body, and he was skinny and skinny.

Shen Yuchuan looked at the child's wretched appearance, his eyes were filled with evil spirits, and his fists hanging on his sides clenched suddenly.

"Tick tock!"

A stream of bright red blood suddenly slipped from his fist and fell to the ground.

Song Nianning was stunned and quickly grabbed his hand.

Only then did he realize that his hand was injured. The elbow was red, swollen and blue, and a line of blood was flowing down.

Song Nianning suddenly remembered the blow he had just made to block her.