SEQUEL-CHAPTER 29 A MOTHER'S TRUTH

CHRISTINE

CHRISTINE

I was sitting there next to my son, hmph my son, I never thought this day would come but here it is right now and I have to face it. As much as I would rather not talk about it I have too. I move closer to him and snaked my arm and hand around his and we locked fingers and then I rested my head on his shoulder and wiped my eyes.

"How? What? I mean" I said and exhaled. "What made you even think I wasn't who I said I was?"

"The first day I met you, when you walked to me and touched my face and when I hugged you the way you was crying wasn't the way a aunt would cry for her nephew and I felt it, I felt like we was connected more than that, so I always had the thought but at the hospital when I looked at you , I knew then and after the kiss to my forehead I knew you was really my Mom that why I had to make sure" he said then he looked at me and then looked away.

"So what do you wanna know first?" I asked

"The stuff you told me when I first met you was ANY of that truth or was it all a lie?" he asked

"Some of it was true I was the one who got them together, and the night Joyce died she was planning on leaving, she was coming live with me and bring you to me and he found out somehow and I did try to get him to tell me where you was but he wouldn't tell me anything all that is true." I said

"How did they end up with us? And why didn't you keep us?" he asked

"I was young when I had Tootie and I was living with some friends and I really couldn't take care of her but I made a way you know, cutting corners but I was doing good struggling but we had a roof over our heads and Joyce invited me over to her house and she was saying that the way I was living wasn't right for a child to grow up in that she needed real parents a stable home. And I remember telling her that this is my child and that as long as she's healthy, clean and feed she's fine with me. But she wasn't hearing it, she told me to stay with them for away and I did but then I noticed her only reason was so she could get her hands on Tootie. I won't lie to you I hated her I hated Joyce she kept acting like she was Tootie's Mom and I wasn't so one day I was like I'm leaving and I went to take Tootie and Javert fought me, he told me that if I was going to leave to leave but I wasn't going to get Tootie and she wasn't going to come with me, that I had no rights to her, that I was to leave and not bring my ass back to that house. I tried my best to get her but I couldn't, I couldn't I had to leave without her and that broke my heart to not have my daughter with me." I said as tears fell.

"They took her from you, why didn't you go to the cops?" he asked

"I did but they wasn't listening to me they didn't believe me, I told them she was my daughter but they still wouldn't help me." I said

"What about me? How did I end up with them?" he asked

"After you was born life was beautiful I had this beautiful baby boy my Christian, named after me of course. You was a happy baby your eyes lit up every time I kissed your forehead, every time no matter if you was sleeping, and I kissed it and you would smile in your sleep. Then your father was in to some bad stuff, bad stuff and I found out that since they couldn't get to him they was going to come for us, mainly you. So I had no one else to turn to but Joyce, I went to her and talked to her and she was like yea stay here, and I told her that if I stayed here with them they would find out and all our lives would be in danger and I didn't want that, so I had to leave you there with them, and Javert was like I'm not calling him Christian change his name to Royal me and Joyce hated that Royal was so not you, and to put him down as father but that was the only way he was going to allow you to stay so I didn't wanna do it but I did , I changed your name from Christian Maurice Brown to Royal Christian Brown" I said

"How old was I cause I remember the forehead kisses" he said

"You was 7 months and I kept coming to see you 3 or 4 times a month til you was 3, then I was told to stop coming to see you that people might figure it out" I cried "A year later I moved to Cali and I had Gonzo and I was like I can get my kids back. So I went back to them and I told them I came for my kids and he looked at me like I was crazy, he told me no that it's been too long and that yall didn't know me anymore but Tootie came running to me, she knew who I was and he was like take her but not him, that he couldn't fight for her but you had his name as your father and I couldn't take you. After I left and came back to Cali I kept in touch with Joyce and I she told me about him and how he was beating on yall and I told her to come move here and stay with me. Then when she finally made up her mind to leave I had went to your Dad and asked for his help to bring yall to Cali and he said he would handle it but then I found out what happen to Joyce" I try to wipe the tears but they was falling to hard and too fast. " I finally found out where he was and begged him to send you too me and kept saying no, that he didn't want to for me to forget and leave him the hell alone. Then one night he called me and simply said the address where he dropped you off at and I went looking for you."

"So he was still a fucking monster he wouldn't let you be in my life, I don't feel bad for killing him. But who's my Dad?" he asked and this is something I really didn't wanna tell him so I got up and started to walk back to the house and I felt my self being pulled back and forced to turn around and I was looking at Christian.

"Who's my father? Tell me who's my father?" he asked looking at me.

"I cant Chris please just know that I love you and I loved you all these years and I never once stop praying that I see you again" I cried but he wasn't buying it, he wanted to know who his father was.

"NO I NEED TO KNOW WHO IS HE TELL ME!! FUCKING TELL ME MAMA PLEASE" he yelled

"I cant tell you I don't want you looking for him" I cried.

"I need to know I'm not scared of no motherfucker out there I wanna know give me his name. BITCH GIVE ME HIS NAME!!" he roared in my face and leaned my hand back swung it slapping the holy shit out of him. I turn around and went going back in and right passed Prosper who tried to stop me but I went right to my room slamming the door and laid in the bed and just cried.

 I turn around and went going back in and right passed Prosper who tried to stop me but I went right to my room slamming the door and laid in the bed and just cried

ROYAL

I stood there and watch her my mama go back in, I was hurting not from the slap but from how I yelled at her and called her a bitch what the fuck is wrong with me. I stood there for a few minutes then I went walking back in and I waved Prosper off and I went running upstairs right to my mamma's room and I stood outside the door I could hear her in there crying, I felt even worst not only that she was crying that she is my Mom and she is crying because of me.

^KNOCK,KNOCK^ nothing but sounds of crying ^KNOCK,KNOCK^ I opened the door and I walked in closing the door behind me and I stood at the foot of the bed and saw her in a bawl crying.

"I'm sorry" I said

"Go away" she said and I moved to the other side of the bed and kneeled down so we was looking at each other.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it, it's just I wanna know where I come from, I promise I won't go looking for him just give me his first name, that all I ask for" I said

*exhales* "Wilson, his name is Wilson" she said and I nodded.

"Thank you" I said and kissed her cheek. "Now scoot over you got a lot of babying to make up for" she sat up wiping her face and smiled and scooted over and I climb in the bed next to her and she patted her lap and I laid my head in her lap and she turned on cartoons and I closed my eyes while she rubbed my head. I hate to have lied to her but of course I'm going to find out who my real Dad is and I wanna know one thing Why he never fought for me?