39: Unexpected Counter Strike

"I told you. I won't repeat the same mistake." Jungkook's left hand, holding the pierced syringe into Taehyung's neck, injected the purple fluid into his system by pressing on the plunger with his thumb. "I had to make your heart beat again to kill you. And only Haeguk could do that so I had to let her be with you." He whispered and pierced the knife into his flesh, ripping his heart. Taehyung's eyes bulged at the pain.

The door opened behind Jungkook again. "Jungkook!" Hoseok screamed and Taehyung's eyes moved towards him but Jungkook didn't turn back. Instead, he pulled the syringe back and released his hold on the knife, causing Taehyung to stumble back with the knife stuck in his chest. Hoseok smelled the purple poison that was present somewhere and looked across the room to spot the bottle of poison over the top of the drawers.

Jungkook looked at Taehyung's chest and saw the blood smeared on his white shirt. "What did you do? You took help from hell?" Hoseok yelled, looking at the scene in horror. Jungkook gave Taehyung a sinister smile. "Last time, I trusted the heavens but in the end it caused me to be separated from my wife. How can I trust someone from heaven after that?" Jungkook commented, standing back with his hands resting on his sides as he threw the syringe away.

"So you made a deal with the devil?" 

Jungkook's smile broadened and he took a deep breath of relief. Taehyung started foaming from his mouth and looked behind Jungkook. He smiled sardonically. "Jungkook is allowed to love her. But when I do that, I get cursed?" He mumbled and hung his head low to the ground. He coughed blood that dripped from his mouth and then looked up behind Jungkook's shoulder again and mumbled, "In the end, we, as in you and me, were never meant to be."

Jungkook frowned but then his eyes widened, his smirk disappearing instantly when he heard a croaking voice behind him. "Jungkook?" He turned around to look at Haeguk standing beside Hoseok but then gasped when a blade pierced through his flesh from behind.

He looked into Haeguk's eyes who was stunned along with Hoseok. She covered her mouth, shaking her head and Jungkook saw her tears rolling down her orbs before blacking out as he heard Taehyung's weak voice, "If I don't get to have her then you cannot either, Jungkook."

Hoseok rushed to Taehyung while Haeguk ran to JungKook, scooping his head from the ground. "Where are the guards?" She screamed.

Hoseok saw Taehyung closing his eyes but slowly his body turned into black smoke by itself. He knew that he would turn into dark fumes once the black foam started coming out of his mouth. The purple liquid was the devil's poison which is used to commit murder instructed by a devil without leaving a trace.

Jungkook might have received it from a devil. And right now Taehyung might be standing in front of that specific devil since this poison mixes with your blood, it builds a pathway to the particular devil who made the poison with his own blood.

Haeguk turned around to look at the scene but it scared her.

Everything around her was scaring her.

"Who was he?" She asked, crying while shaking with Jungkook in his arms. "Please, help him. There were no guards when we came here. What is happening?" She sobbed and Hoseok quickly approached her.

"Jungkook probably asked them to leave this place all to himself since he knew Taehyung would be here. He wanted no one to be here." Hoseok mumbled before trying to pick Jungkook up from the ground with the help of Haeguk.

Hopefully, he will survive.

Hopefully.

-

Taehyung opened his eyes to look around the dark place. He felt his feet soaking and he looked down, only to feel the chains around his neck, hands, waist and ankles. Slight white smoke around him like a thin layer of clouds. He looked at the black water in which his feet were dipped.

"You again messed the will of destiny."

He looked up to see someone walking up to him with red wings attached to his back. He frowned but realised where he was.

"Is this hell?" Jimin smirked at his query. "It is. You wanted this, didn't you? Death? Finally an end to your curse?" He asked and Taehyung blankly looked at him.

"I wanted my love."

"She wasn't your love. You made yourself believe that she was but she wasn't. She belongs to someone else. And this is where you're brought when you try to steal someone from whom they belong. Welcome to hell!" He said, stretching his arms, twirling around to show the dark place.

"And since you've tried to block the destiny twice. You'll be punished and slowly get consumed by the damned souls in here in a torturous manner!" Jimin stated firmly. Taehyung chuckled and nodded. "Do whatever you want. None of you know the value of true love." Taehyung mumbled but Jimin gripped his throat, squeezing it.

Taehyung still didn't faze but kept looking at him intensely. "True love? You call this true love? I don't know the value of true love?" Jimin asked, choking him but stopped when he felt the presence of positive souls around.

He furrowed his brows but released Taehyung who started coughing. "Rot in hell!" He hissed through gritted teeth and turned around, waking away but Taehyung's voice stopped him. "Have you ever loved someone to know the meaning of true love?"

Jimin didn't turn back but fisted both his hands. "Someone loved me a lot. And I became what I am today, just because of my love for her." He said one last time, without glancing at Taehyung, leaving him all alone with the damned souls in the dark side of hell.

Jimin walked outside and recognised the two lords who were glaring at him. "What did you do?"

"I did what I had to."

"You cannot help someone like that who belonged to the Heaven!" Jin yelled. Jimin scoffed at him. "Both the souls were wandering in the void of Heaven, Hell and Afterlife. 640 years. Did you both try to look for them?" Jimin screamed.

"That still gives you no right to convert Jungkook under your belief!" Namjoon shouted. "You couldn't even guide them through the gates of Universe to reach the Afterlife. I'm not listening to either of you." Jimin argued.

"You failed too!" Jin yelled and Jimin frowned, shaking his head in denial. "I didn't. Taehyung is removed from their life. He was brought up here in hell. Now Jungkook and Haeguk can be together." Jimin said but Namjoon extended his hand, a golden book appearing in the air and resting on his hand.

He opened the book and turned it around to show the page. Jimin's eyes widened when he saw that the death of Jungkook was dated tomorrow. He blinked several times in confusion.

"Yes, you're reading it correctly. It changed. We saw how the golden date suddenly changed to tomorrow." Namjoon said.

Jimin looked away from the book and felt his eyes get teary. "What will you do now?" He heard Jin asking him the question.

Again, a destiny of true love was about to remain incomplete.

But this time, Jimin was determined to take things in his own hands.

He will do everything to finish the Destiny of True Love.

Anything.

***********************

Jimin has a back story. The story is titled "Bloody Mary" I'm working on it currently.